How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you think the masks will be a temporary mandate? If so, do you think by September that will be lifted? No way to know I understand just want what people's thoughts are. We are booked at the beginning of September. If this has been discussed before I apologize I tried to search and nothing came up.
I think the masks rule will might be in place for a while even long past the end of the year. I believe economics and public perception will be the biggest driving force into how long it lasts. If enough Mickey masks sell and attendance is near the number they want considering all that's happened, it may be a while. If truly enough people choose not to go (my family only being 1) then we may start seeing relaxing of rules.

It reminds me of the airlines in 2006. There used to be a ban on all liquids, then it relaxed to 3.4oz. They may relax it to only indoors or something like that at the end of the year.

My family follows the rules so unfortunately we won't be going until and if they ever relax their rules, but I'm interested to see people's thoughts and how it turns out.

I am a huge Disney fan but this is a Deal breaker for us. Our trip is in July and the high FL heat & humidity would make it miserable! Can you imagine the number of times I would have to adjust my mask to just stay hydrated & wipe the sweat away. All the mask adjustments/face touching kinda defeats the whole benefit. This was going to be our every other year family trip (10 members) and if face masks are required we are seriously thinking of cancelling. No way do I want to pay for pictures with masks on. Can I get my money back on Memory Maker?

Do you think the masks will be a temporary mandate? If so, do you think by September that will be lifted? No way to know I understand just want what people's thoughts are. We are booked at the beginning of September. If this has been discussed before I apologize I tried to search and nothing came up.
I don't think it will be lifted by September. Local mandates might be lifted in areas where the virus has already spread to a significant percentage of the population. But, every area has been exposed a different amount, so you have some areas where a large percentage of people have had it, and other areas where almost no one has.

Overall, WDW has a more complicated situation than a lot of other places, because people come from too many different places.

If required, I will wear one. I will have to wear a mask when I return to the office (May happen within the next two weeks, wooohooo!) and I have been wearing one to go to the grocery and to the community mailboxes, and I am in Florida, so it won’t be any different for me than wearing one elsewhere.

Do I hope I don’t have to wear one by my late August trip? Sure. But if I do, I will.

I live in Florida and there is nothing more our governor wants then to have the state completely reopen with minimum restrictions quickly. WDW and US are big time players here, so I believe that after a month of it being required, that if the numbers are not bad, then I think it will drop down to recommended but not required. I find it funny when people say masks do not work because people are touching them etc. that DOES NOT mean the mask is not working. The mask did it's job of catching the droplets that would have been inhaled through the persons nose or mouth, but the "person" failed by touching the front. I will be honest, I have caught myself grabbing the front a number of times, so it is not easy, but I don't blame it on the mask. Masks would be the least of my worries at a park, there is no way they are going to be able to wipe down, the rides, lap bars, line queue bars, all the interactive queues etc. that people will be touching during the day while people are using them.

I live in Florida and there is nothing more our governor wants then to have the state completely reopen with minimum restrictions quickly. WDW and US are big time players here, so I believe that after a month of it being required, that if the numbers are not bad, then I think it will drop down to recommended but not required. I find it funny when people say masks do not work because people are touching them etc. that DOES NOT mean the mask is not working. The mask did it's job of catching the droplets that would have been inhaled through the persons nose or mouth, but the "person" failed by touching the front. I will be honest, I have caught myself grabbing the front a number of times, so it is not easy, but I don't blame it on the mask. Masks would be the least of my worries at a park, there is no way they are going to be able to wipe down, the rides, lap bars, line queue bars, all the interactive queues etc. that people will be touching during the day while people are using them.
That is where hand washing becomes effective. I used to gets colds and one time the flu from a trip to WDW. I learned to make sure I washed my hands after every ride or touching something I know others have. Never been sick after being there again. Hand washing is always the best answer and don’t touch your face.

I’m not happy with wearing a mask, but it’s not a dealbreaker for me. I’m from the south, so I’m used to the humidity. Also, I’ve been walking/jogging with a mask on to climatized myself to wearing one. A lot of this will come down prep work before you start your trip. No different than people who don’t walk a lot, then come to Disney and have to adjust to walking 8+ miles a day. Like anything else, it’s all about the work you put into the off-season. And, a Disney trip is worth putting in the extra effort to me.

That is where hand washing becomes effective. I used to gets colds and one time the flu from a trip to WDW. I learned to make sure I washed my hands after every ride or touching something I know others have. Never been sick after being there again. Hand washing is always the best answer and don’t touch your face.

That's exactly what I do. I use hand sanitizer after every single thing I touch. It's in my pocket, my bag and in my bra.

I use it after the fingerprint scanner. Next if I've had to touch a rail before I get on the ride. Then after the ride itself. Finally if I have to touch a gate to get out of the attraction. It's 4+ times for a single attraction.

Ok, I'm obsessed. I don't mind that. I don't get sick either.

I'm very pro-mask - but there's no way I could wear a mask all day June - Sept at a Florida theme park. Hot, icky, mess. So - the answer would be to not go. Now, December, January, February - I could keep a mask on.

Course - its all hypothetical for me given I'm not planning to travel anytime soon.

I'm very pro-mask - but there's no way I could wear a mask all day June - Sept at a Florida theme park. Hot, icky, mess. So - the answer would be to not go. Now, December, January, February - I could keep a mask on.

Course - its all hypothetical for me given I'm not planning to travel anytime soon.
Exactly my view. Let's see where we are at the end of the year, who knows, it could not be necessary at all. There's also people with sensory disabilities such as ASD or breathing issues such as severe asthma that make wearing a mask difficult. It just would make being at WDW (or anywhere humid) not enjoyable.

Yes IF everybody did that, but the majority of people do not. Our family all carry sanitizer, but I know that there are a lot of times we forget etc. especially when in line or on a ride.

Yes IF everybody did that, but the majority of people do not. Our family all carry sanitizer, but I know that there are a lot of times we forget etc. especially when in line or on a ride.

What you said does not make sense. Everyone SHOULD wash their hands regularly, but washing your own hands, especially before you eat or touch your face, will make a huge difference in your own health. We wash our hands because others do not. I have said this before, we never eat anything unless we wash our hands first. We order or pick up the food but do not touch it until we all go and wash up. Even for snacks like popcorn, we wash our hands first and do not go around touching other things in between. We also take off our shoes and wash our hands as soon as we get in the house and do not bring in the dirt and germs from outside. There is a lot that individuals can do to help themselves. And we prefer to wash our hands instead of using sanitizer. First reason is your hands are still dirty when you just sanitize and sanitizer is not as effective as hand washing. I saw a study that showed that hospitals where the staff used sanitizer between patients instead of washing hands had much higher cases of post op infections. 30 years of working in food has shown me how gross people are and how many do not wash their hands before they eat.

The Disney Springs website talks about the “appropriate face covering” requirement but doesn’t explain what they will consider an appropriate face covering. I’ve seen people wear a variety of options: bandanas, neck gaiters, and a range of masks from paper disposables to elaborate multi-later homemade designs. Are there guidelines somewhere for what Disney considers “appropriate” or do you think they’ll wait to see what people do and then base their guidelines on that (i.e. ban covers that look too thin or loose)?

I am a RN and have been wearing a mask everyday I work for 2 months and it is not something I care to do on vacation at Disney.
I will most likely cancel our late August trip if masks are required, what a bummer!

Agreed. As an RN wearing a hot mask for hours on end will it even do anything???

I am a RN and have been wearing a mask everyday I work for 2 months and it is not something I care to do on vacation at Disney.
I will most likely cancel our late August trip if masks are required, what a bummer!
This is us. Currently booking a beach trip for August. I'm a doctor and it's not fun to wear a mask all day. Plus, my 4 year old melts down whenever we try. She has sensory issues. It took 2 years to get her to take a bath in the bathtub. In 2 years when she is use to it we won't need masks anymore

Hey if they open in June like mid June and you have to wear a mask. Like I am going there in July 9th through the 15th and I was wondering just a guess will we have to wear a mask still or no?

We have a trip starting on July 5th. We are all going in assuming masks will be required. I recently bought some breathable masks / bandanas just for the trip. Our thought process, we are OK with masks if we can go in with a reduced crowd. If we are required to wear masks and they are not limiting capacity we are delaying.

I would be shocked if they allowed entry without masks.

No one knows. Any answer will be a guess, so your guess is as good as anyone else's. My guess is that I agree with the poster above.

I don't know when the WDW parks will open or if masks will be required (everything is still so up in the air). I would be prepared to wear masks though. I pre-ordered some of the cute Disney face masks too. I figure we'll be having to wear these lots of different places for a long time and thought these would be fun to have. https://www.shopdisney.com/face-masks/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter