How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey if they open in June like mid June and you have to wear a mask. Like I am going there in July 9th through the 15th and I was wondering just a guess will we have to wear a mask still or no?
oh boy....
well considering that masks will be required for Disney Springs, its logical that when the parks reopen, masks will be required too.

Its been mandated by the unions as a clause for re opening.

So you have 2 choices,
Comply with the mask requirement and experience the parks
or
stay at home

something wrong with that price differential of $100....i stay there numerous times per year and the typical price difference is $20 -- the Swan is higher.
Both properties are very nice....Dolphin is huge....some people like the Swan because it is smaller.....you can't make a mistake.

My guess is that they will require masks, but it will only be strictly enforced when you go inside (store, show or queue -- not a restaurant, cuz you gotta eat).

We will know very soon if the country can function without masks. Georgia and Tennessee are paving the way for others. Yesterday retail shopping? Fewer than 20% wearing masks. Today at the zoo? We saw fewer than 10 guests total who had on masks. And there were A LOT of people. I've seen reports of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg being crowded, with practically no one wearing masks.

If there is a major 2nd wave in a couple of weeks in these areas, then we will have some data that points to the benefits of masks. But if death and/or infection rates don't go drastically up in the next few weeks, it will be harder to convince people that masks are necessary (although there do appear to be some who aren't going to budge on the issue, regardless of what happens).

This week marks the beginning of week 3 for Georgia, so we should see some numbers coming out soon from them. I think I'd pay particular attention to Atlanta.

As it is, I had already canceled July because I didn't think it would be safe. Last week, I moved October to December. I just think we also need to see what happens when schools go back into session.

Truthfully, I would not go if masks were required. I don't think it's safe to restrict your breathing like that, and there are a couple of reports from neurologists that would tend to agree. I will wear a mask inside a store, just not all day.

The Disney Springs website talks about the “appropriate face covering” requirement but doesn’t explain what they will consider an appropriate face covering. I’ve seen people wear a variety of options: bandanas, neck gaiters, and a range of masks from paper disposables to elaborate multi-later homemade designs. Are there guidelines somewhere for what Disney considers “appropriate” or do you think they’ll wait to see what people do and then base their guidelines on that (i.e. ban covers that look too thin or loose)?

I imagine anything that covers your mouth and nose (without covering your entire face, like the Halloween Party rules) will be perfectly fine. Wearing an n95 all day would be insanity, but i personally will be using a surgical mask. Theyre light and comfortable (unlike cloth masks) and protective to both the wearer and people around you (also unlike cloth masks, which provide minimal protection for the wearer and mostly only protect others).

This thread is to discuss masks at WDW not anywhere else, we don't need to see statistics, or data or opinions on any other state or place. No need for links on studies as to why or why not, masks work
The thread's name cearly states why it's here "how do you feel about wearing mask at Disney Parks"
Please keep in on topic

With that I will share the opinions of 3 CM friends, the CM will take the brunt of this, we know that masks are required at DS and if they are required at the parks you will know before coming, so coming is an easy decision, either you wear it or not. Here's what my CM say about this issue after reading so many comments on different sites and on the Disney Parks Blog

People forget... Disney isn’t essential or a necessity, it’s a luxury.
I’m not excited about getting yelled at over stupid things if I get to go back any time soon.

they're very bullheaded. Saying things like their stores, malls, beaches don't require these things but they don't realize how easy it is to avoid people at these places over a theme park. Logic is hard for them it seems

They can’t be happy either way. They bellyached the last two months about how they missed their beloved parks and now that something is opening it’s not good enough if it’s not perfectly catered to what they want. Like that’s what Disney wants though if you don’t want to do it, then stay home because there’s not gonna be enough capacity for everyone and there’s gonna be crapton of people who want to go to the parks still

So if you decide to come, put the mask on and don't complain

Last edited:
My personal opinion (and please don't attack me) is if you are unwilling to wear a mask then you should stay home. This is really serious. Have you seen the number of people that have died? If a mask means getting closer to normal then why not? People say they couldn't wear a mask in the Florida heat. Having visited 6 or 7 times in August I would say a mask is the least of my problems.

Given that you have probably never worn a mask in the Florida heat, how can you be so sure that you couldn't survive. Have you ever gotten Covid-19? What do you think your is chance of surviving that? More or less than the dreaded mask?

My personal opinion (and please don't attack me) is if you are unwilling to wear a mask then you should stay home. This is really serious. Have you seen the number of people that have died? If a mask means getting closer to normal then why not? People say they couldn't wear a mask in the Florida heat. Having visited 6 or 7 times in August I would say a mask is the least of my problems.

Given that you have probably never worn a mask in the Florida heat, how can you be so sure that you couldn't survive. Have you ever gotten Covid-19? What do you think your is chance of surviving that? More or less than the dreaded mask?
Thinking about it from a different perspective, I would say that if you’re someone who feels this is still serious enough to wear a mask in order to feel safe, you shouldn’t be going to a theme park. If you’re seriously concerned about dying of Covid, a mask is the least of your worries.

Thinking about it from a different perspective, I would say that if you’re someone who feels this is still serious enough to wear a mask in order to feel safe, you shouldn’t be going to a theme park. If you’re seriously concerned about dying of Covid, a mask is the least of your worries.

My perspective is that if everyone follows Disney guidelines with the mask, social distancing and hand washing, it won't be any more dangerous than my trip to the grocery store.

The danger, IMO, comes from the people who don't think they need to follow one, two or three of these safety standards for the virus.

My perspective is that if everyone follows Disney guidelines with the mask, social distancing and hand washing, it won't be any more dangerous than my trip to the grocery store.

The danger, IMO, comes from the people who don't think they need to follow one, two or three of these safety standards for the virus.
I agree with you. But the poster I was quoting seemed to have more serious concerns about the virus and the potential of dying from it. If I was truly that scared I wouldn’t be going to a theme park regardless of masks or any other precautions.

I agree with you. But the poster I was quoting seemed to have more serious concerns about the virus and the potential of dying from it. If I was truly that scared I wouldn’t be going to a theme park regardless of masks or any other precautions.

Gotcha! :rolleyes:

I have no issue with wearing a mask. I am not fearful of the virus but do know how easy it spreads. I do my best to help.

I just have to ask in regards to masks. I have to wonder if its not the heat is the issue but wearing a mask takes away from the Magic and escapism that people expect.

I think individuals or friends or families should do what they think is best to help protect themselves, the seniors, the at-risk individuals, their grandparents, their grandchildren, their mothers, their fathers, their children...all the children everywhere.

I will wear a mask if I go to WDW this December 2021 if that is still their policy.

I am a retired respiratory therapist and I am used to wearing masks.

I will not wear gloves.

I will wash my hands frequently or use hands sanitizer frequently if they don't need to be washed.

I really don't know if I will still go because of so much unknown about the virus and how it will change by December.

It seems like the scientists keep learning of new symptoms since the beginning as the months go by as they study and evaluate more patients of the various ages month by month.

Last edited:
Based on the advice of experts, wearing a mask has little to do with protecting the wearer from Covid-19. The purpose of the mask is to prevent asymptomatic people from spreading the disease. I wear a mask to show people that I care about their health and the health of my community.

I am going to have to seriously think about the mask issue. Today in TX it was 90 degrees and when I walked back from my car to the clinic where I work, I could barely breathe when I got inside. My trip is in Dec which should be better temperature wise, but holy moly I couldn't do it this summer or early fall. I wear my mask in public. Today was the first day the heat affected me wearing one.

I have no issue with wearing a mask. I am not fearful of the virus but do know how easy it spreads. I do my best to help.

I just have to ask in regards to masks. I have to wonder if its not the heat is the issue but wearing a mask takes away from the Magic and escapism that people expect.

For me it's all of the above. Heat is definitely an issue, I live in NYC and wear a mask anytime I step out and when it's hot out it's awful. When it's cold...still awful. I'm very uncomfortable in masks in general, so I rather wait to visit WDW when masks are not required because WDW is a very expensive trip for us and I don't want to be in a mask. It's my magical escape and the mask is a very unpleasant experience for me. My wife feels differently, she would be fine going with the requirement. Our next trip my sister-in-law is going (her first time!) and she feels as I do: it's going to detract from our expensive vacation so for our family, it's better to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter