How do you use your vacation club?

My goal when I joined DVC was to have enough points to stay at WDW for a month in a studio. Since I only go there during Adventure season (January), I finally achieved this goal--with 3 add-ons. :)
I travel to WDW by myself, have some solo time, and then I am joined by a friend for awhile. After my friend leaves, I have more solo time. Then my DH will fly down for a visit to spend a week or so. At the end, I always make sure I finish up my vacation with even more solo time.
It's a very relaxing vacation, as there is no pressure to rush and see everything. My DH doesn't really like going to the parks, so I stay around our resort more when he's there.
This works out great for us and wouldn't be possible without DVC.
:earsgirl:

We currently own 200 points at OKW(with the hope of adding on someday!), and we have mostly used our points to stay at WDW, in OKW or BWV. Once we used some points to stay at the Park Plaza Hotel in Manhattan(52 points for one night!!!) when DH took me to NYC to see Beauty and the Beast for my birthday, but really, the best use of points is for DVC properties.

Just joined last year, so haven't gotten into any type of routine or anything. First trip was to OKW in April of this year. Next year we are going to the Mauna Lani Bay resort in Hawaii. The plan for 2003 is BWV in January, and hopefully Disneyland Paris in June.

It is wonderful to have such a wide range of vacation choices! DVC is the best! :)

We have 400 points at OKW and love it there. This past January 11 of us went. We also like to go to VB for 2-3 nights every 2 to 3 years. Went for a week to HHI this year and loved it so much we added on a 100 points there, and will go every other year.

We started out with 230 OKW points and added on 150 more OKW points, so we have 380 all at OKW. We usually use our points to travel 2-3 times in one year followed by a year off and then start the cycle over again. This is to accomodate the annual pass schedule. We save so much by using the annual pass, it makes sense for us. We usually take family and friends along for part of the trip, but like to have at least 4-5 days to ourselves as well. We have traveled with just the 2 of us and with a group of 12. It is ALL great fun!:bounce: We are using points for an exchange to Hawaii in April. It has made our points for WDW slimmer this year, but I am sure we will find that use great as well. The thing that attracted us to DVC was the flexibility, and we find that to be it's greatest asset. Of course, we have been less fexible than we imagined we would be! We thought when we purchased that we would be using the Disney collection and staying at all the other resorts a lot. We found we love OKW so much, we have no desire to do that now!

We have only been members since summer of 2000, but I have it all planned out :D , God willing!
We have 160 points at BWV. That is enough for a week in a 2BR every other year in the summer (I teach so that's what we can do).
We added on 100 points at VWL, enough for 5 nights in a 2BR (Sun.-Thurs.) in the odd years.
With magical beginnings points, our trip next year will be the big one--5 nights at BWV, 4 nights at VWL.
In 2003 we plan on doing our 5 nights at VWL, then doing 2 nights somewhere with cash (probably the POly, DH's favorite).
Then in 2004 we hope to do the western caribbean cruise, but the points are so high we will probably have to pay for at least one adult and one child with cash:( .
Then in 2005, back to VWL, and back to BWV in 2006.
Robin M.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter