How do your teens carry their stuff around at the parks?

jody

Mouseketeer
My 12 and 15 year old DDs don't want to use fanny packs (they're not cool) but I don't want to carry all their stuff. What do your kids use?

All 3 of mine (DS17, DS14, DD12) use fanny packs, and I usually get my DS17 to help me carry the backpack. My ~cool~ DS14 has a sorcerer Mickey fanny pack (his favorite).

I guess if they didn't want to use a fanny pack they could wear clothes with lots of pockets, or I have seen lots of girls with the small backpacks that close with a drawstring.

I don't like a fanny pack either, so I carry a small bag that goes across my body, but that's probably not cool either.
I would suggest letting them choose their own bag, but insist that they have to have something to carry their own water, snacks whatever.

Bev

"Messenger bags" - a somewhat flat bag with the kind of adjustable strap that you can put across your body, seem to be the cool thing now. I have one and the bonus to these is that they are usually larger than a fanny pack and can hold more, the drawback is that they can be bulky and get uncomfortable as the day goes on & I'm not sure if they'll let you take in on some rides.

My 16 yr old son wears Cargo Shorts with lots of pockets. He carries his 2 way radio, cell phone, lanyard (sometimes wears it), rain poncho, film and various camera accessories and never seems to run out of pockets.

I usually carry a drawstring backpack purse type thing I got at Old Navy. It's not too bulky but enough to carry what I need.

I took my two style-conscious 17-year-old nieces down at Christmastime. They both carried small backpacks (not the big schooltype ones) and were very happy with those. I carried a drawstring backpack/big purse type of bag that I got at Meijer for $9.99 in a kind of shiny fabric. They both thought it was very cool and wanted to know where they could get one too. :D

When I was a teen I was not a big fan of the Fanny pack at all!!!!

I used to take a small backpack thing to carry my stuff round in. It probably wasn't that cool, but it was much better than a fanny pack anyway! LOL
"Messenger bags" - a somewhat flat bag with the kind of adjustable strap that you can put across your body, seem to be the cool thing now. I have one and the bonus to these is that they are usually larger than a fanny pack and can hold more, the drawback is that they can be bulky and get uncomfortable as the day goes on & I'm not sure if they'll let you take in on some rides.
On my last trip, i took one of these (although i was not aware they were called this!) and thought it was great.

I was able to wear / take it on all attractions.
The handy thing about these is that you don't have to take it off when you sit back in a seat. You can just pull the bag round onto your side (above your hips) and still be comfortable.

I would not have been able to do this, had i used the back pack!

Have a Disney day!

Carene

My "cool" 13 year old DD will only use a Messenger bag. She prefers it to the fanny pack & it does fit more things in it.

One of my "getting to be cool" 10 yr. old DD's wants the Messenger bag, while the other 10 yr. old DD is fine with the fanny pack. She is just so easy going - it's great!!

Anyway, I bet they'll be happy with the Messenger bags. I found some discounted at Wal Mart for our upcoming trip because they needed some new bags anyway.

BTW - I told my 13 yr. old that I thought I would use a fanny pack this time instead of my "messenger bag" & she said, "Mom, no way, that is so uncool. Pleeeeeease just use the bag you always use. You look like a "cool" mom then". Who can argue with that -we all want to be the "cool moms". :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter