How late can you check-in

papopup

Mouseketeer
We are driving for the 1st time in June and I am thinking if I feel good when we hit Georgia (around 4PM)that I may just push on through to FW(around 10PM).Is that to late to arrive and get to our site?I would call ahead to make certain there is a site available.Does this sound doable or am I just to excited about our trip and dreaming?
Thanks

Well, it'll be dark so you may need to consider what you'll be setting up. Doable in a motorhome, less so in a TT, even less so in a tent or pop-up, I'd think. We usually hit south GA about 7ish and stay the night and arrive the next day a little fresher.

I have checked in as late as 1am to set up my tent and get settled in. I just pull out my lantern, turn it on and set things up.

About 10pm should be no problem. At that time of night, I would feel comfortable setting up by the light of my headlights.

We arrived at our campsite at FW in April 2002 under the cover of darkness around 9:45 pm. We had a tent (an easy-to-set-up model, but not one of those newer "nearly instant set-up" varieties now available) and didn't have any problems in setting up. For lighting, we just got out the one light we brought with us; a flourescent-style plug-in strip light that we got at either Canadian Tire here in Ontario or The Home Depot (also here in Ontario) - can't remember which! :confused: :p

Regardless, it only took Brian and I about 15 minutes at most to set up the tent, and that included interruptions from our girls every 30 seconds... "eeeek! Mommy!!! Daddy!!! There are ***BUGS*** here!!!!" (This after 2 weeks of "I can't *wait* to go camping!!!") :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Kids... ;)

You'll be fine, but the final choice is up to you, of course.

Sandy (and Brian, Bonnie & Kellie!)

oh, and by the 2nd night, the girls weren't as freaked out about the insect "CMs" at FW... well, not *quite* as freaked out, at least! ;)

When we stayed there in Dec., we were heading back from the park one night, I KNOW it was well after 9:30 and there were people setting up a pop up with a tent behind it, next to the picnic table. For lighting, they reversed their car after unhooking so that the headlights faced the pad. :) They didn't need to worry about the headlights shining into a campsite behind them because the loop we were in backs up to a canal. Seemed to work out fine for them.

If you aren't too tired, that is doable. People come in all hours of the night. You will just have to pay for that night, as well. Have a safe trip and don't push yourself.

Thanks for all of the input,I don't know if I will try to go the rest of the way or not.I'm sort of thinking that at that point I will have my second wind and a few more hours won't be to bad.Plan on leaving central PA around 2 AM (will be to anxious to sleep anyways) and hope to be in the Savannah area around 4 PM and will make the call at that time. Setting up shouldn't be much of a problem we usually work very well together.
Thanks

As anxious as we always are to get into FW, I try to think about this also. Your drive down will be a long one (believe me, I know! ;) ), setting up will take maybe a half hour - 45 minutes. Going from 2 am - approx. 11 pm is REALLY going to hit you the next day! :eek: We always stop in SC for the night, get on the road before sunrise the next day and check in early afternoon. There is still plenty of time the day you check in to go down and check out some of the things FW has to offer, catch the fireworks and electrical parade at night....:bounce: Gosh, I can't wait til next year to go back!!!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter