How long before a reservation is kicked back in the system

Jimminy Cricket 123

Earning My Ears
So I was in the middle of booking a reservation (that I set the touringplans finder to find for me) and my phone died, haha. Can't help but laugh...

Anyway, of course it's showing as not available now. But I know from experience, when trying to book a reservation and the website crashed, the booking time isn't available right away, but it is kicked back into the system shortly after (maybe an hour or so?). Doesn't seem immediate.

Was just curious if this was a common known timeframe?

Thanks!

I guess I assumed that touring plans was just alerting you that it was available and not actually holding it for you. Perhaps I misunderstand though.

You get a text with a link. When you click the link, it sends you right into reserving the reservation for you. Either way, it popped back up a little over an hour later. Woot woot!

Dinner at Artist Point on 3/20/2019. Set the finder around 9:00 AM and got the reservation hours later. Love that thing.

I would guess that the reservation was probably grabbed by someone else. :( In my experience, the ADR's I've cancelled have gone back into the system very quickly! The other day I cancelled a reservation that I still had a TP alert set for and I got the text from TP that one was available a minute after I had cancelled it!

I've had reservations to cancel that I coordinated with other people on this board. We set an exact time for me to drop the reservation and they would check at the same time and it was instantly available.

I've had a few different experiences with computers or websites glitching in the middle of reserving and doing drop-and-grabs between MDE accounts. When I've experienced glitches in the middle of reserving, I've found it takes about 30 minutes for the reservation to pop back up. With drop-and-grabs where you are actually cancelling a reservation (not trying to make an available one), it's typically instantaneous and if you don't see it on the main reservation page (where all available reservations are listed), you may find it on the individual restaurant page. I would just keep your TP finder on and keep refreshing in the hopes it pops back up again.

Yes, there's a difference between just letting go of a reservation and having the website crash on you in the middle of booking a reservation. (or in my case, phone died, lol)

Letting one go instantly opens the reservation. But the reservation system must need to refresh after a reservation has been started for a specific time slot, but not finished, for whatever reason for it to again appear available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter