How long before deposit is charged

bengalfreak

Mouseketeer
I have booked, using the online reservations system, a room at the Royal Pacific Hotel for June 5 with the AAA discount. I had to enter a credit card number and the order screen said a deposit was required but it never said how much my card would be charged. Its been five days now and my card hasn't been charged anything. Anyone know how much the deposit will be and when it will be charged? My rate was $167 for the night, not including tax.

Hi there

I posted a similar question sometime about a week ago (the thread is called "Portofino Deposit ??s") (or something like that!) I booked directly w/ Universal over the phone and was also told a deposit would be charged it never was and still hasn't. I booked on February 23rd at the Portofino.

Consensus seemed to be Universal/Loews Hotels hasn't been very consistent w/ this deposit policy for quite some time. Some people get charged immediately, others get charged a few days later, others never get charged at all until they get there. Seems to me that they would want to get a consistent policy going!

I am calling every so often to check on my reservation just to make sure it is still there! So far so good....I leave a week from Saturday! :)

They do not seem to be consistent at all. I have booked 5 trips so far (4 to RPR and 1 to PBH). The deposit for RPR last August was taken out the next day. When we staying at RPR in January, they never charged me for the deposit. When I booked for May, they charged me within a few days. I booked my trip for next week and a trip to PBH in July on the same day. The March RPR deposit was charged within 48 hours, but the deposit for our July PBH stay was charged 2 weeks later.

I would call and check just to make sure they do have your reservation. Everything was fine for my January trip even though they had not charged me for the deposit. I have always received the email confirmation within 24 hours.

I booked way back in Jan. (for July trip) and just rec'vd my credit statement today showing the deposit charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter