How many of you go all day?

NvrBnToWDW

Mouseketeer
This will be our first trip and we want to get the most out of it. We will be in the parks from May1-5 (Sun-Thurs) and since we'll be staying on-site we want to take advantage of EE days. The crew is DH, Me, DS10 & DS12, so their old enough to keep going. I was thinking that it would be better to rest in the parks (dining, sit-down shows, etc) than the trouble of going back to our hotel (ASMovies). I was wondering how many of you do this and if anyone had any itinerary ideas that included EE days?

:earsgirl: pirate: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I think a lot of it depends on how late the parks are open when you are there. When we visited in early December, the parks closed early so we did stay in the parks all day. Since we were able to get the kids to bed at a decent time, we didn't feel the need to go back to the resort and rest during the day. I think that the only time you might want to go back for a rest during the day is if you plan on making a late night of it, like an E-night.

Since you have older kids you should have no problem staying all day. I did it with my older girls last year 11 & 9, and they had no trouble whatsoever. I have never been on EE night because I haven't stayed onsite before, but I can tell you that a few years back my oldest daughter and I did the Halloween party. We were there all day and stayed until it closed which was midnight I think. My daughter was still going full speed ahead at midnight and didnt want to leave, she had just turned 10 at that time. I on the other hand was exhausted from all the fun!! Have a great first trip to the world!!!

Yes we generally stay all day long in the parks...We take an afternoon break and sit for a bit, a cool bench for a half hour or so does wonders for your energy level, also good people watching time....:sunny:

We have gone in October and August and we have always gone all day. The only "break" that we have ever taken was when we went from the MK to Trail's End in FW for lunch one day. That was nice, but even then, DH was cranky about missing the afternoon parade (which we have seen every other visit that we have taken.) He hates missing ANYTHING at Disney. :rolleyes: ;)

The last time we went to Disney my DD was 3 1/2, and we stayed all day everyday. Even caught Illuminations every night. My daughter did great and we didn't even get a stroller for her.
I think she was just like me, didin't want to miss anything! :wave:

We usually stay all day, and then just rest at a bench or something. Sometimes our rest time is when we are eating!:rolleyes:

I think if you are staying on site it wouldn't be too bad though if you got really tired, I would probably do that on the days that we were at Epcot as that can be a long day if you are waiting to watch Illuminations of Earth which usually starts at 9pm.:teeth:

Just call us wolverines! We went in June 2001 and stayed all day and all night. DD was 13 and DS was 10. We didn't want to miss anything. We did EMH and E-night. I think we are officially DISaholics.

Is there a support group for that? LOL.

When we hit the ground running, we don't stop till WDW does.

We usually stayed all day. Well, at least until dinner time. We would go back to the hotel around 6 or 7 and get dinner and then relax at the pool. My DD was 9 at the time and never complained of being tired. Only one night when we went to DTD with DH, we stayed out around 9:00, so she was tired then.

We're just two adults, but we go all day. When I was a kid going with my parents, they had my brother and I in the parks all day too (this was 10 years ago though...)

There are plenty of places to rest in the parks. Although, you might want to go back to the resort for a dip in the pool midday if it's hot.

Have a great trip!

For as long as I can remember, my family and I have stayed at the parks all day. We always consider having lunch/dinner or waiting for a parade to be a break. I never been there on the E night, but I can't imagine myself leaving the park to take a break. Our neighbors go back to the hotel and take breaks, but my family would much rather stay at the parks and enjoy as much as we can while we are there!

I am going in a few weeks with DD's (ages 7&9). And we plan on spending the whole day in each of the parks. We are going without my infant son who when we went last time needed to go back for naps. And my wife will be home with him and she usually tires out before my DD's and me. So we should be good to go.

:crazy:

If we visit in the summer, we take afternoon breaks to swim and get out of the heat for a while. But when we travel other times of the year, we stay all day in the parks - especially since the parks close earlier at the other times of year that we've visited.

our park days tend to be about 6-8hrs
10am-4
9-3
etc

we actually had a longer SeaWorld day this past vaca than we did a Disney day

The hours will be fairly short while you are there, probably...I'd go all day! We went during that same week two years ago and we opened and closed the parks except for Epcot...we were worn out in the heat and so we missed Illuminations. We took a break the middle day and did TL and DTD - much needed slower-paced day. Have a great time...we're following you a month later!

We have always had park hopper passes so we do go all day, just not every day. We are going to by AP's for our next trip so this may change our plans somewhat.

We have never gone back to the room for a break and this will be our 9th trip. We started going when my girls were almost 4 & 5. We didnt even have a stroller!! My DS is now 3 and this will be his 6th trip. I never had to go back for him when he was an infant. If you are going to watch the parades in all of the parks, make that your afternoon break. You need to get your spot an hour early anyway. So find a shady spot, grab and late lunch or a snack and take a break! We always get hotdogs and fries at Caseys in the MK. We get to Main St. at 2, get our spot, send one of us and one kid for the food, and sit and eat it while we wait .By the time the parade gets to Main St, its about 3:20. When its all over, you have been resting for over an hour and a half... and you ate, sat, and watched the parade with a great front row spot!! Thats how we rest ::yes::

With your kids being 10 and 12, oh yeah, stay from opening till they kick you out!

AK closes at 6. We just had dinner and used that to relax before Fantasmic or Wishes or Illuminations.

Although, we did find Epcot a bit short of things to do our second time But it was our second time.

Count us in; We're there when they open and till they close.

Breaks?!? You can sleep when you're dead! :hyper:

and we rarely went back to the room. We made it fine. We were beat by the end of the week but it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter