How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

Our trip is coming up in May. 4 adults, 1 disney kid adult, 2 kids.

Hotel, 2 rooms @ Swan for 7 nights: 4570
Tickets: 8 Day park hoppers: 4433
Airfare: Booked on Points
Car Service to/from airport: 315
Stroller Rental: 121
Food: 2500 estimated (only 2 sit downs planned)

$11939
Kind of regret seeing that number

Flights are re-scheduled from 2 years ago, so they feel free but cost aprox $1,300
kept delta card for free checked bags- $99 yearly fee x 2
tickets- originally $2,537
Upgraded/changed dates $541
Staying on DVC points so cost is buried in years of averages.
Food Budget - $2,500
Misc Crap (souvenirs) - $500
Magic bands - $106
ride to/from airport $165
airport parking $100
1 night at MCO hotel $246
D23 preview $80 (comes with $40 of food vouchers, yay)

Aprox $8,273 + whatever 4 night poly/4 nights 1 bedroom AKL is

We are sending our daughter on a separate graduation trip with a friend overlapping ours, making this our first 4 person trip - the meals they have with us are above, but that should cost-
flights - $594
ticket $557
modifying their tickets $169
airport parking $60
magic bands $60
misc grad themed gifts $100
food +souvenir gift card $600
anticipated room charges because she can't budget and is a teenager $350
Ride to/from airport $165
$2,655

Ouch, $10,928 + whatever 13 DVC nights are worth. I knew there was a reason I wasn't adding this up. At leave most of it is already paid for. Ugh, We will end up renting a wheelchair most days too.

Last edited:
Ouch, $10,928 + whatever 13 DVC nights are worth. I knew there was a reason I wasn't adding this up. At leave most of it is already paid for. Ugh, We will end up renting a wheelchair most days too.
Reason I've been following the Updated Disney Gift Card Discount thread for the last year.... In general I can save about 15%, which can add up if your doing a vacation or two a year to Disney. Can be a little work, but we are talking big dollars these days.

Reason I've been following the Updated Disney Gift Card Discount thread for the last year.... In general I can save about 15%, which can add up if your doing a vacation or two a year to Disney. Can be a little work, but we are talking big dollars these days.
I do pay many of the costs with discounted gift cards. I don't take my chances with the deeply discounted ones that randomly pop up though, so it's generally in the 5-10% range. Mostly just Target so I can buy as we go through the year and not feel it so much.

We are bringing son, DIL, and GD. We are staying CR Atrium Level 10 days.
Airfare $2500 5 people
CR w/9 tix $13,575
1 day @ Universal $545 plus express pass
car service to airport/back. $200
care service to and from CR $160
Magicbands $60
Food…. Not sure but figuring $2,500-$3,000 ($1,500 in discounted gift cards) hoping BB comes back and I get CRT
souvenirs $200??

hopefully getting tix to the Halloween Boo Bash

After seeing all these trip prices what I am spending on my trip to Hawaii doesnt seem so outrageous!!!
I know! I didn't feel so bad about my cruise to Alaska after adding up what I'm paying in May. Somehow in my mind "Alaska Cruise" > "WDW Trip" and it's not!

It's really made me rethink my planned September trip for Food and Wine at BWV. I have been dabbling with snow birding in the Orlando area but $3k+ a month for a condo was making me pause. Compared to what I'd be paying for November, that doesn't seem so bad after all.

Last edited:
After seeing all these trip prices what I am spending on my trip to Hawaii doesnt seem so outrageous!!!
I hear you! We’ve been to the Hawaiian Islands 18 times and we could have taken both kids and spouses to Hawaii for what we are paying at WDW. The only reason we are going back to Disney is for my soon to be 6 year old GD. We both are in our early 70’s and this will be our last time there. Next year back to Hawaii. Enjoy your trip!

We just got back last weekend. Total cost for family of 5 (2 adults, 2 teens, 1 child) was $8,649 all in.

This includes:
Gas to drive from NJ to FL and back.
1 night hotel (on drive down).
5 nights CBR.
5 nights parking at CBR and 1 valet at Kidani Village
4 day park hoppers (4 adult, 1 child).
Genie+ (x5 on 2 days, x2 on 1 day)
3 sit down meals for 5 (2 dinners, 1 breakfast).
5 counter service meals for 5.
5 x Resort mugs.
1 x refillable popcorn bucket (plus 5 refills)
Many, many, MANY snacks (especially in EPCOT at Flower and Garden Festival)
Souvenirs for all (except teens bought their own high prices souvenirs like Droids)
Memory Maker
2 x Capture Your Moment photo sessions (EPCOT and AK)

Edited to add: that was the sticker price. I didn't pay that much. I paid for the entire Disney portion of the trip using discounted Disney Gift Cards that I've been accumulating for the last 18 months or so. And all of the non-Disney portions were paid for using cash back credit cards. So, the actual cost was like $7500.

I know. My 16 day trip to Europe and 11 day cruise is only 8k. I say only because compared to what people are willing to pay to go to a theme park it seems like pocket change. There definitely some very deep pockets on this forum. I hope it’s worth it. The feedback on the theme park forum isn’t that positive these days.

Candlewood Holiday Inn points arrival night but $16 to park the car
April -3 nights okw our dvc points

1 day Typhoon lagoon - from old non expiring tickets fun days $0
Hey hey cone and nachos $20. This day we could only stay till 2 pm.

One park day - a free hopper ticket Disney CM gave us both once :) $0
We shared a 7 hour VIP tour with 4 other moms and daughters $597 plus $100 tip. We bought LL for FOP after the tour ended. $22
Food $37

One day Disney springs.
planet Hollywood -Disney rewards $60.
Giadians ? Cookies $34
I had roughly $125 rewards and $25 gift card.

We bought new Disney ears. $25;
3 new hats cause I came from less than 30 degrees to 90 and I did not want to fry $38. One hat was for the water park to ruin. 2 water shirts $35 day one again not to burn for the sun day One!
Starbucks for the spoiled one every day. $34?

$100 gas. I flew to DD’s state and we went to Vilano beach first/St. Augustine for 3 days prior and then back. I would of stayed till Sunday but no matter if I flew from MCO or her state it was $500 one way for Sunday. Nope

I had breakfast in room. DD not really a breakfast person. She is finishing her masters this week so Tuesday and Thursday she had to be in the room 3pm to 9pm.

I fetched us outside food. $50 for the supper ones.
Wendy’s. Jimmy John’s. Panda. Panera for the lunch ones. I had year old gift cards for the lunch ones.

I know. My 16 day trip to Europe and 11 day cruise is only 8k. I say only because compared to what people are willing to pay to go to a theme park it seems like pocket change. There definitely some very deep pockets on this forum. I hope it’s worth it. The feedback on the theme park forum isn’t that positive these days.

Agreed, there must be some very deep pockets on here. I have always kept each trip to around $5K Canadian or so. I usually go for about 10 days if doing WDW (not that many days at the parks, but 10 day vacation). I stay at a rented villa off site, etc. If going to DL I normally go for 8-9 days (maybe a 5 day Park Hopper, and a day at Knotts, etc). Never stay on site. Just get a "decent" but cheap (for the area) walking distance hotel. I use my Alaska Airlines Mastercard points for the flights, etc.

I really wish I didn't see this thread, lol. This trip is not our usual. It's usually just me and DH. We use DVC, SW points AP, Raglan Road maybe California Grill and Epcot food booths. No extras. I'm in sticker shock but I do use all the tips here to get discounted GC.

$3700 - OKW 2 bedroom 10 nights 7 adults me, DH and young adult children427pts (dues cost)
$788 – Alamo mini van 11 days
$ 3555 - 5 9 day tickets w park hopper plus (all but the 20 year old college student bought their own)
$1620 – 2 Annual pass renewal
$0 – 7 Flights Southwest – 6 with pts 1 comp pass
$2300 – R & C Dining package, MK enchanted dessert, splittsville, beachcomber shack
$ 2000 - Via Napoli, Raglan Road, Whispering Canyon, Epcot F&G booths, T-Rex (tradition)
$2500- lunches, snacks, drinks and DRINKS
$650 – Groceries- Alcohol
$900 for Genie+ and ILL
$95 airport parking
$19,908

This is about $1810 a day for 7 adults.

Last edited:
Welp, I am cheap compared to alot of you.
DL
3100.00 4 day park hoppers with G+ with good neighbor hotel for 4 nights.
(all paid for with rewards dollars)
2500.00 Flight for 4 people
1500.00 VRBO Beverly Hills 3 nights
2000.00 Food and Drinks
1500.00 Car rental/ Gas/misc

So 7500.00 OOP.

Agreed, there must be some very deep pockets on here. I have always kept each trip to around $5K Canadian or so. I usually go for about 10 days if doing WDW (not that many days at the parks, but 10 day vacation). I stay at a rented villa off site, etc. If going to DL I normally go for 8-9 days (maybe a 5 day Park Hopper, and a day at Knotts, etc). Never stay on site. Just get a "decent" but cheap (for the area) walking distance hotel. I use my Alaska Airlines Mastercard points for the flights, etc.
At least there are some people in the world not feeling the inflation pain.🙃 I may spend 20k vacationing every year, but it's spread out on different trips, not just WDW. I would never spend 20-30k on WDW. We are going to WDW this month. I rented points at SSR 1,667 for 7 nights' preferred studio. I would never pay what they are asking for the deluxe resorts right now. I'll wait for the coming recession when the 40% off comes back.

Approx 18k plus food BUUUUT we are going for 2 full weeks and paying completely for 3 extra people to come along and partially paying for another person. We are staying at an airbnb, we will be doing 5 day park hopper+ with genie+, MNSSHP, Universal 2 day park to park tickets plus express unlimited passes and 1 day at seaworld. We will driving down and back from the nyc area. And that doesn't include food. Which we will be having breakfast in our airbnb carrying in lunch and snacks and buying 1 meal a day (dinner) and the occasional snack.

Approx 18k plus food BUUUUT we are going for 2 full weeks and paying completely for 3 extra people to come along and partially paying for another person. We are staying at an airbnb, we will be doing 5 day park hopper+ with genie+, MNSSHP, Universal 2 day park to park tickets plus express unlimited passes and 1 day at seaworld. We will driving down and back from the nyc area. And that doesn't include food. Which we will be having breakfast in our airbnb carrying in lunch and snacks and buying 1 meal a day (dinner) and the occasional snack.
And for those who would like to know we only go to Disney once every 3 yrs or so. We take smaller vacations closer to home in between (indoor water park resorts) we usually spend about 7-8 k on disney for a week when we are only paying for us but we are paying for more people this time and staying twice as long so it seems about right compared to our usual.

The Nov. trip, meeting friends, 10 nights at Pop, food-no sit down, 10 day ticket, transfers to airport-home and MCO, tips, air from home R/T, is about $5700.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter