How Much Is Your 2022 Disney Vacation Going to Cost You?? $$

Probably about $13,000 depending on what we buy. 2 adults/2 kids

15 nights mix btwn 1bd/studio (600 DVC points): $5,000

Flight - $2,000

Park hopper AP’s - $2,000 (split from other trip)

Miscellaneous- $1k

Food: $3k over 15 nights

$13,000

Last edited:
We are coming over from the UK for 24 nights. We will stay on our DVC points at OKW and BLT so our accommodation is sort of free.

Flights are $3250
Tickets are $1200 (but I'm crossing my fingers for an AP instead)
Car Hire $1600
Universal APs $950
Car parking at UK Airport $150
Travel Insurance $180

= $7340

+ food + gas and souvenirs

Gas/tolls/airport parking- $175
5 nights ASMovies (preferred) for 2 adults w/3 day PH tickets: $1650
Airfare: $45 (PWM-MCO on SW points)
Mears: $64
We already have magic bands, won't be doing G+/ILL, and have $250 gift card towards food, but of course we'll spend more on food and adult beverages :drinking1. This is our 30-somethingth trip to Disney, so don't expect to be buying more souvenirs.
TOTAL: $1934

Split stay 2 bedroom at home resorts BRV and BLT 11 nights total 0.00 with DVC.
Airfare for 6 adults one child one lap infant roundtrip 3483.00 (cross country mind you and first checked bag free)
8-day Park Hoppers $4766
Food $5970.00 (I did extreme research on every menu and what people will eat, plus a few meals in room)
Airport hotel for trip out includes parking cars at hotel 3 rooms 579.00
Groceries $150 (I work for frozen food delivery. I have earned $150 so far in rewards and will using them additionally)
Mears airport transfers 219.00 roundtrip
MVMCP tickets $1174.00

$16,341 total (I just threw up in my mouth a little)

DVC may mean $0 out of pocket during your trip, but it sure isn't free. You might want to recalculate that.
Most of us DVC owners look at it as a sunk cost. It's like owning a vacation home - you still paid for it when you bought it, pay taxes and upkeep but if you don't use it you don't get that money back.

DVC may mean $0 out of pocket during your trip, but it sure isn't free. You might want to recalculate that.

Most calculate it as their yearly maintenance cost b/c they have sunk the purchase price in...and if they use 1/2 year of points, they put 1/2 year of maintenance in, 2 years of points would be 2 years of maintenance.

As a timeshare owner, that's how I do it b/c I bought in my early 20's, so I paid myself back more than a decade ago and now every trip is truly just maintenance...

I'm pondering DVC, so when I read that I was curious what the maintenance fees are on a the stay that long and at those resorts.
Maintenance fees are based on the resorts you own and not the resort you are staying at. The fees are assessed on a per-point basis. If you're curious, you can see the full list of DVC resorts and their maintenance fees here:
https://dvcfan.com/2021/11/08/2022-disney-vacation-club-annual-dues/

Based on my home resort and the number of points it took to book a Cascade Cabin at Copper Creek for 5 nights, the dues cost me a little under $4K. If we were staying at Christmas, the cost would be a lot higher because it would require more points to book 5 nights at that time. If we were staying in September, the cost would be much less, due to the low per-night rate for points then.

Most dvc resort fees are about $8 a point or less and studio rooms are usually from 12-23 points a night so just say 17. That's about $136 or cheaper.

5 nights worth of dues in 1 bedroom CCV in November. Airfare on points and companion pass, so only a small charge for airport fees. 5 day single park tickets for 4, with Memory Maker and Genie+ added on (it's a Thanksgiving trip so I bit the bullet). Magicband+ for all of us. Souvenirs come out of our own pocket money, except for one toy each for kids. They know if they want more they have to save for it.

Above costs are $4,600. I'm going to give dining another $2,000 (which honestly I think is overkill but with inflation I'd rather overshoot), and another $250 for transportation (airport and Minnie Vans/Lyft on property).

Total just shy of $7,000.

My takeaway from this year's trip is the park ticket/MM/Genie+ bundle accounted for almost half of our trip and that is insane. Last year we paid $1,000 less, had an extra day, paid for park hoppers, and also a single day ticket for my brother. In the future, we'll do fewer days in the parks.

I always get nervous to add it all up 😂
It's just 2 of us, so we try to stick to the same under $5k budget but it doesn't always work out - we're driving for the first time ever because airfare would have blown the budget. We've already taken one trip earlier this year for my birthday but we're heading down again for MNSSHP so let's calculate for both. We like resort hopping so we move around a few times 😆

Jan/Feb 2022
10 days/9 nights
1 night at Copper Creek - $224
6 nights at Saratoga Springs - $1,073.48
2 nights at Riviera - $772.22
Room Total: $2,069.70 (avg $230/night)

2 day tickets w/ water park & genie plus - $706.76
Airfare PHL to MCO - $415.96
(flights were free but paid to upgrade to Spirit's Big Front Seats & two checked bags each way)
Uber XL from MCO to CCV - $39
Mears Connect to MCO - $32
Food - $1,350
Misc Ubers - $115
Jan/Feb Trip total: $4,728.42

Sept 2022

10 days/9 nights
1 night at OKW $90 (amazing DVC rental find)
2 nights at POLY - $850
2 nights at Bay Lake Tower - $640
4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani - $852.13
Resort Total: $2,432.13 (avg $270.24/night)

MNSSHP - $232.18
Epcot Tickets - $232.18
Universal 3 day Tickets - Free (Comp'd)
Gas PA to FL - $240 (est)
Food - $1,500 (est)
Sept Trip total: 4,636.49

I'm also a TA so I do make commission on my own trips and stock up on Discounted Disney gift cards, so my actual cost are lower than the total above as well.

Last edited:
We are in Orlando for 18 nights, clocking in around 20k at the moment for:
Flights for 5
Hotels at HRH, Cabana Bay (2bedroom), BRV (2bedroom), and Riviera (1 bedroom)
3 park unlimited Universal tickets for 5
8 day hopper tickets for 5

Food, souvenirs, transport are a bit of a question mark, but I am still a solid 10k under what we usually spend for a vacation a week less in length, so I am pretty happy!

Our package alone for 5 people, 7 nights in an AoA Cars Suite with 4 day non-hopper tickets and Genie+ (when you could still prepurchase) was about $5200. That was including pretty significant savings (about $1000) for the Disney Visa 30% off promo. This does NOT include flights, food, or souvenirs. Our flights were around $600 round trip for everyone on Spirit.

Oh, and add another $545 for MNSSHP.

Late August trip 4 night cruise + 6 nights at Disney for my family of 4 (kids are 13 and 7)
Airport parking: $87
Sunshine Flyer round trip transfers with summer promotion: $96
Flights with SW points: $44
Magicband Plus: $150
2 nights in ASMovies preferred room before cruise with Disney+ discount: $350
Disney Cruise transfers: $312
4 night cruise on Disney Wish deluxe family verandah room: $5200
4 nights AKL value studio DVC rental: $1000
MNSSHP: $450
2 day base tickets with Genie Plus: $1000

I don’t like totaling it up, haha! Over $8600 without food and any other additional items while we’re there. We’re set for food on the ship, we’re planning a grocery order for breakfasts, and we don’t have many expensive reservations. We’ll likely buy a few lightening lanes, but not many souvenirs.

Just booked, so I thought I would add our Last minute trip for 2 adults.
Flight - points + $50 for insurance and fees
Hyatt Airport - $120
Starcruiser - $5232 (both the point of the trip, and the biggest expense)
DVC stay 2 nights 1 bdrm - approx. $1200 (dues plus a portion of our initial buy-in 2 years ago. I am hoping to find an available studio before the 30 day cut off)
MNSSHP $282 (more than I would want to spend, but we’re not doing reg park tickets)

expected costs:
Food and alcohol: $400
Souvenirs and Star Wars cruft: $500
Cabs/lyfts/airport shuttle: $200

Total:
$7984

this is a silly amount to spend, but we really want to space cruise.

This trip will use the last of our non-expiring PH tickets and was planned far enough ahead to give me time to save up and earn through reward programs.

8 nights at Pop Century for 2 adults = $1843.89 paid with reward program $$$$$ = 0
2 Economy Plus RT airfares from Denver using airline miles = $431
2 non-expiring 5 day PH tickets purchased before 2019 = $933 (plus 1 complimentary PH pass already in MDE)
1 MVMCP ticket = $180
estimated food = $800 minus Gift Certificate for either Morimoto or Space 220 and saved change = $420
MCO to/from hotel = $125
Genie+ for 2 on 4 days = $120
2 MagicBand+ = $74

Estimated TOTAL using discounts listed above = $2283

-------------------------------------------------
8 nights at Pop Century for 2 adults = $1843.89
2 Economy Plus RT airfares from Denver = $1800
2 5 day PH tickets current cost = $1184
1 MVMCP ticket = $180
estimated food = $800
MCO to/from hotel = $125
Genie+ for 2 on 4 days = $120
2 MagicBand+ = $74

Estimated TOTAL without savings listed above = $6127

5 nights worth of dues in 1 bedroom CCV in November. Airfare on points and companion pass, so only a small charge for airport fees. 5 day single park tickets for 4, with Memory Maker and Genie+ added on (it's a Thanksgiving trip so I bit the bullet). Magicband+ for all of us. Souvenirs come out of our own pocket money, except for one toy each for kids. They know if they want more they have to save for it.

Above costs are $4,600. I'm going to give dining another $2,000 (which honestly I think is overkill but with inflation I'd rather overshoot), and another $250 for transportation (airport and Minnie Vans/Lyft on property).

Total just shy of $7,000.

My takeaway from this year's trip is the park ticket/MM/Genie+ bundle accounted for almost half of our trip and that is insane. Last year we paid $1,000 less, had an extra day, paid for park hoppers, and also a single day ticket for my brother. In the future, we'll do fewer days in the parks.
So if you have 300 points you pay 2400 a year in fees?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter