• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How soon before a trip will ABD cancel it?

PixieDustLuv

On our way to Disney Destination Heaven!
Not that I want my trip cancelled, but how soon will ABD contact us if our Knights and Lights in Dec. is not a go? I am anxious to find out if they have enough people booked. My TA is still waited for the Christmas itinerary from ABD. :scared1:

Not that I want my trip cancelled, but how soon will ABD contact us if our Knights and Lights in Dec. is not a go? I am anxious to find out if they have enough people booked. My TA is still waited for the Christmas itinerary from ABD. :scared1:
I think you really need to ask ABD that. They may not even be able to give you an answer. From what we've seen here at the DIS, this year they seemed to cancel the trips that were low on people very early in the process. My Canadian ABD, scheduled for this week, was canceled back in February. Year before last, they canceled some within weeks of the trip, but I haven't heard of that happening this year. I think maybe they heard people's displeasure & decided to cut their losses much earlier.

However, if you look at their policy, they reserve the right to cancel a trip up until the day it leaves. I've never heard of that happening, and, as I've said, I've not heard of *any* last-minute cancellations among DISers. Not trying to scare you or anything. This policy, along with the short 14-day cancellation period without penalty are probably the 2 biggest gripes that people have with ABD.

I'd call ABD and ask them how it looks for your trip. Maybe they can put your fears to rest.

Sayehello

As of now they don't give a time frame of when a trip will actually go forward. They cancelled many trips for May through the summer in January, I do remember a post last year when someones trip was cancelled less than 90 days out. I was also told that starting with the 2010 itineraries they have 85 day out guarantee that if the trip isn't cancelled at least 85 days before departure the trip will go forward. I know this isn't the answer you wanted but this has been my experience (2 x they cancelled my trips). Good Luck and I hope your trip is a go!!!

I'd call ABD and ask them how it looks for your trip. Maybe they can put your fears to rest.

Sayehello

They may not tell her, remember after the great cancellation debacle they stopped telling people who asked how full a trip was. They also refused to tell people how many kids were on the trips if they asked.

I hope the OP can get an answer.

They may not tell her, remember after the great cancellation debacle they stopped telling people who asked how full a trip was. They also refused to tell people how many kids were on the trips if they asked.

I hope the OP can get an answer.
Yep, Tozzie, I know. You are right But hope dies hard... :confused3

Sayhello

It is my understanding that all remaining 2009 trips will go as planned. In a meeting with some Disney folks a few months ago we expressed the concern many people were having about cancelled ADB trips and I was told that all remaining 2009 Adventures will travel as planned (barring any major unforeseen circumstances) and there will be no further cancellations in 2009 based purley on participation levels.

Now, they may have told me this just to shut me up :lmao: - but my guess is if they were going to cancel your adventure in December for lack of participants they would have done so by now. Hopefully your adventure will go as planned.

Just as an example, I was notified that my June 2009 Australia trip was cancelled in Dec 2008.

Thanks for all of the info about trip cancellations. We would be devastated if our trip were cancelled; as I'm sure those of you who had that happen know! As of now I am going to lay my apprehension aside and enjoy the anticipation of spending Christmas Eve in Paris. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter