How to sell a Pizza Garden

danjoealexis3006

Mouseketeer
I am always trying to come up with more ways to earn money so we can go see Mickey. I got this hair brain idea that I could sell pizza gardens at a couple of out door art shows comming up in May and June. I can grow just about anything so that is not a problem, however, I need to attract customers to my booth. I am trying to think of an idea to package the pizza garden (earth friendly of course). I was thinking of pepper, tomato, oregano, and basil plants sold together. Any ideas would be so helpful!:yay:

I read this just because I couldn't figure out what a pizza garden was! I think it's a great idea. We plant a "salsa" garden every summer with tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro. Maybe I need to add the pizza ingredients.

What a creative idea!!! I also read it to see what a pizza garden was and think it's a unique idea! :thumbsup2

Well - You could plant the garden of course in a clay pot...but first decorate the pot by painting some red, white and green stripes on it. Or you could tie a red,white and green ribbon around it. I think that my Target had little Italian Flags at the dollar spot area a while back, you could stick one of those into it. Or you could get some pizza cutters at the dollar store and tie it onto the pot.
I'd decorate the booth in the red, white and green crepe paper...and name it something like - Pizza Gardeneria...or Gardeneria of Pizza..you could play Italian music in the background...and to be really noticeable...you could simmer some garlic in a crock pot .... boy that would get their attention!!!
It sounds like lots of fun...I kind of wish I was doing it!! Dress yourself up in a chef's apron and hat.....you'll be a hit!!!
could you tell me how to grow a pizza garden? Could I keep it on my porch? Have fun...let us know how you make out! Barb

This is a wonderful idea! A pizza garden has oregano, tomatoes, peppers and basil in it. I am not sure if you could keep it on a porch in one container, though. I think it would have to be a really BIG pot! I do think you could keep it in a couple of pots. I am growing some for my sister and she lives in an apartment building. I am going to put it in three pots but I am also going to add flowers (merigolds in the tomato), ect. to dress it up some. She likes the idea. The herbs are going in small pots that she can keep year round, I found some at Target in the dollar spot. She can put these outside in the summer.
I like your idea about the pots and the flags. I think I could also do this with the salsa idea! Thanks :cool1:

Great idea! I have never heard of this, but so smart and would appeal to so many people. Thanks for sharing.

If you are looking for a convenient way to package them, put the seedlings into their own little spot in an egg carton. If you are selling four plants, you can split a dozen carton three ways. Recyling is great. If you happen to have paper cartons, they can be planted just as they are in the garden IF you soak them really well before hand.

Good luck selling!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter