• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to use extended points

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
I had a May reservation cancelled and the points was returned to their current UY which is June.

Since the points have been extended for 6 months, How do I use them for a reservation after 6/1-2020?

When I try to book a new reservation I can’t use the points it’s as if the points are stuck in their current 2019 UY.

I had a May reservation cancelled and the points was returned to their current UY which is June.

Since the points have been extended for 6 months, How do I use them for a reservation after 6/1-2020?

When I try to book a new reservation I can’t use the points it’s as if the points are stuck in their current 2019 UY.

you have to call DVC member services.

Yes, it sounds like they are not going to show up online and must be done by calling. Not sure they are letting those with June UY use them yet,

Those that had April and June UY 2019 points will have them moved the first week in June. Not sure if those will be the same or will be bookable online

Most reports I've read about in that situation are told they have to wait and that by early June the points will show up extended in their accounts.

So if I understand correctly if I need to book now I need to call. If I can wait until early June then I can do it online?

So if I understand correctly if I need to book now I need to call. If I can wait until early June then I can do it online?

I have read the banked 2018 that will be extended will not show up online. One must call for those. It wasn’t clear if those can be used yet, even with a call Or they will follow the same timeline of the 2019 UY points being put back as a late banking. Which not be available for bookings until June 5th.

i would do an online chat to find out for sure they may be treated the 2018 points differently.

They are originally from June 2018 banked into 2019.

right now they show up online in my 2019 UY but unusable.

Okay,,,then maybe the reports I read elsewhere that they would not be usable online was not accurate.

I hope you do get a chance to book them that way!

Okay,,,then maybe the reports I read elsewhere that they would not be usable online was not accurate.

I hope you do get a chance to book them that way!
If we can’t use the points online, then MS are gonna get flooded with calls starting 6/5.

The longer we wait the more scarce the availability will be.

That got me thinking perhaps I can do a point reallocation. It’s BWV points and I have a reservation in November so maybe I can just swap them.

That got me thinking perhaps I can do a point reallocation. It’s BWV points and I have a reservation in November so maybe I can just swap them.
I would think that should work assuming the Nov reservation and the points you want to swap are from the same contract (I know many DVC owners have multiple home resorts/UY)

It will be interesting. I have a theory that the extended 2018 points may be developer points and not an actual owners points, which would get around any law about double banking, as well as absorb some of the extra points,

Of course, it’s just my speculation, and the not showing up online and having to call in fuels it,

Now, if you are able to reallocate into an 11 month rreservation it blows that theory up it will be good to hear in a month if you can!

Last edited:
I don't know about banked 2018 June points but I have 2019 June points waiting to be "banked" to 2020. I was told by Member Services that it would happen automatically by the first week of June. Unlike the "un-borrowing" of points that can be done by calling, this cannot. We must wait.

It will be interesting. I have a theory that the extended 2018 points may be developer points and not an actual owners points, which would get around any law about double banking, as well as absorb some of the extra points,

Of course, it’s just my speculation, and the not showing up online and having to call in fuels it,

Now, if you are able to reallocate into an 11 month rreservation it blows that theory up it will be good to hear in a month if you can!
No matter where DVCMC is getting the extended points, my guess is that booking with them (at least those originally banked from 2018) requires a manual intervention by MS. It would be great if they could show up online and reservations be booked that way, but I don't think that's how it will turn out to be.

No matter where DVCMC is getting the extended points, my guess is that booking with them (at least those originally banked from 2018) requires a manual intervention by MS. It would be great if they could show up online and reservations be booked that way, but I don't think that's how it will turn out to be.
I wonder if a reservation made manually by MS with those 2018 points could then be modified online?
If so, my strategy would be to call MS and have them manually book a reservation that used as many of those points as possible as soon as that was allowed. Then I would have control over those points and could modify that reservation online without having to call MS if more preferable dates/resorts/room categories became available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter