How to use LL with the NEW Modify Experience feature - WDW

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
As of 12/25/2022

DO NOT sit on the Tip Board screen refreshing for the return time you want. This is NO LONGER a good strategy.

You want to list your top attraction experiences on the Tip Board screen, but as soon as you are allowed to book a LL you want to do it RIGHT AWAY. It does not matter which attraction you book. You want to do this to at least start the 2 hour window.

Once your LL is selected, on the Tip Board you want to select the 3 dots next to the return time (green section) and select Modify Plan.
Note: you want to do this on the Tip Board (My Day sometimes works as well) because if you select Modify Plan under the Attraction Screen part of the app you do not see the Top Attraction Experiences.

So once in the Modify Plan screen you can see the LL you chose, PLUS the top attractions you listed near the top of the screen. This makes it a lot easier to modify your LL return times based on the attractions you actually want.

At the same time you are starting a set 2 hour window that does not change unless you find a return time before the 2 hour window.

Last edited:
I was wondering if this were the case. Glad I came across this post. Things will change most likely by the time we go but this would be our strategy. Book whatever attraction we can (especially at HS/EP after your first couple), then try to modify it to a different ride we really want but keeping the two hour window as early as possible.

I was wondering if this were the case. Glad I came across this post. Things will change most likely by the time we go but this would be our strategy. Book whatever attraction we can (especially at HS/EP after your first couple), then try to modify it to a different ride we really want but keeping the two hour window as early as possible.
Thank you. But why wouldnt I select the attraction I want first instead of a random one? Is it because it will be easier to get a time I want with an attraction I want if I modify instead of trying to get it outright first?

I thought we couldn’t modify an existing time, and that we had to cancel first then rebook? Is this new feature only visible after you book the first attraction?

Thank you. But why wouldnt I select the attraction I want first instead of a random one? Is it because it will be easier to get a time I want with an attraction I want if I modify instead of trying to get it outright first?
You should select the attraction you want as a first option, but in some cases the attraction may be out of LLs so you need to pick up anything else.

For example, yesterday HS was out of LLs for all the top attractions. I selected Star Tours which was still available and fished for the others. That Star Tours LL eventually became a Railway LL.

The most important thing is to jump on a LL as soon as its available to start the 2 hour booking window.

If the attraction you want is available at the two hour mark I would do that then try to modify the time if you need to. That way you’re at least guaranteed what you want.

After the second LL (so picking my third) in HS during spring break I had to keep refreshing to get a top ride. We got sdd at 830, tot at 1030, at 1230 we wanted rnr. I had to refresh for about 20 minutes before one popped up. So now my next LL pick time was 250 instead of 230. Doesn’t sound like much but that little bit of time helps with stacking for the evening. Because then I had to keep refreshing at 250.

Back then you couldn’t modify so it was the best way to do it. Now I would’ve just picked whatever at 1230 exactly then tried to refresh that to rnr so my next pick time was 230 instead of 250 like during spring break.

Not sure if I’m explaining this well or not.

Definitely get the attraction you want if it has a return time that's acceptable especially for the first one or for popular attractions as those times change quickly! I think the main point was don't sit there for 20 minutes trying to get a specific ride at a specific time. You'll get the same results by grabbing anything and then modifying but you start your timer quick.

My head hurts - just went in early December and had it working for us. Going back later in January - sounds like have to relearn. Love Disney... a bit tired by the insanity...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter