Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saratoga check in. A couple trees down in our section really nothing else. We were here for Frances in 2003 and they did open Epcot first. Would expect that again. Epcot and MK will hold the most guests so I suspect they are concentrating their cleanup efforts on those 2 parks. Looks like I'll have to re book my Brown Derby ressie. Not to mention that pretty much everything at Epcot is inside other than test track.
When heard Irma was headed for Disney we did not blink an eye. We rebooked flight and came in a day early to be sure we got in. No one does a better job than Disney during a hurricane. Not to mention it is literally the safest place in Florida during a hurricane. Hopefully the rest of Florida will recover quickly. My dad owns a house in the Keys so don't know how it weathered the storm yet.
Stay safe and my prayers to anyone who has suffered loss or are still in Irmas path.

Looks like "stay in your room" directive has been lifted here (assuming at least some other places as well that have exterior doors--looks like POFQ may have gotten quite a bit of tree debris though):

upload_2017-9-11_11-10-48.png

Dining and merchandise is available at noon but they request if you leave your room to be aware of your surroundings. My husband did go out not too long ago to check the rental car (which appears to have no damage) and looks like Disney crew is very fast at work getting trees cleaned up as well as hallways and whatnot.

We are hoping for Magic Kingdom tomorrow. Have our FP+ lined up for the rest of our stay (which is unusual for us), and hoping to get back to the Disney Magic!

Mk supposed to have mnsshp tomorrow if they extend hours it would mean canceling another party. Do you really think they'd do that?

Mk supposed to have mnsshp tomorrow if they extend hours it would mean canceling another party. Do you really think they'd do that?
The announcement for EMM, Canceled for tomorrow morning, was made prior to Irma's arrival.

The "extended hours" could refer to the extra time in the morning - no one knows; actually the ones who do know haven't announced the plans.

You have NO idea how tempted I was to go run in there and snap a couple pics. Unlike the curfew, I knew I wasnt allowed in there :P A ban and/or trespassing arrest wasn't in the plans for me. Not worth it. I'll likely die regretting NOT doing it though. :)

Come to that, anyone could hop over those barriers anytime; it's not as though a string across the entrance is going to stop anyone who actually wants to get in. Do they normally post security guards at the entrance when the parks are closed? Either way, I'm certain there are cameras all over the place; I'm sure you wouldn't have gotten far. I understand the temptation though! Thought the same thing myself when I saw the video.

Thanks for going back and sharing!

Tree outside Yacht Club

IMG_6390.JPG

Some siding off at Beach Club

IMG_6391.JPG

Damage to a light

IMG_6392.JPG

Flooded Beach Club volleyball court

IMG_6393.JPG

Destroyed awning at Swan Dolphin

IMG_6394.JPG

Tree down on walkway to DHS

IMG_6395.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6396.JPG
    IMG_6396.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 23
As soon as the curfew is lifted, all overnight CMs are reporting for work. Double-checked and CMs scheduled for AK tomorrow are reporting for work.
Any damage inside the parks being reported? For example I've heard Jungle Cruise might not be open tomorrow.

Saratoga check in. A couple trees down in our section really nothing else. We were here for Frances in 2003 and they did open Epcot first. Would expect that again. Epcot and MK will hold the most guests so I suspect they are concentrating their cleanup efforts on those 2 parks. Looks like I'll have to re book my Brown Derby ressie. Not to mention that pretty much everything at Epcot is inside other than test track.
When heard Irma was headed for Disney we did not blink an eye. We rebooked flight and came in a day early to be sure we got in. No one does a better job than Disney during a hurricane. Not to mention it is literally the safest place in Florida during a hurricane. Hopefully the rest of Florida will recover quickly. My dad owns a house in the Keys so don't know how it weathered the storm yet.
Stay safe and my prayers to anyone who has suffered loss or are still in Irmas path.

Just curious if you heard anything about the Treehouses? We have a week stay planned starting this Saturday in the TH, but curious if we need or will get changed. I plan on calling tomorrow but first hand info is always good too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter