Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone, a lot of great links. Will start sifting through and working stuff out.

So sorry I posted this in the wrong place. I suppose I saw this as a Irma subject rather than a disabilities subject, and the fact that there were factual links and help to many areas, I thought it would be ok. I nearly posted it on the other hurricane Irma thread going on, but that seems to be going into a "judgy" direction, I thought bestvto keep out!! Didn't even realise there was a disabilities board (tend to go only to this one!) so perhaps I'll give that a shot.
Sorry again

Cross-posting is fine; some posters only read certain forums so you might get some different replies. You'll get more specific answers regarding your BIL's needs on the disABILITIES Forum. We have some posters very familiar with the local Orlando area who may have suggestions. Though if you are seriously thinking of having them move to a WDW resort someone needs to see if any wheelchair accessible rooms are still available and I'd do that immediately.

Good luck!

Hoping someone here can help. We're from the uk and my family are stuck in Orlando. They are due home next wed and have tried to get home via virgin Atlantic but no seats left before airports shut down. I know lots of info that WDW is safest place (and universal etc) but they are in a villa in davenport near WDW.

My brother in law is severely disabled and in an electric wheelchair, and has to be hoisted to transfer anywhere. They have got all provisions etc but we are all worried as in a strange country to them where they don't know how things work.

I managed to get CNN over here and saw the governors talk who advised those staying put to keep listening to local advice, but they don't know how to do that. We have advised them to try booking into a disabled access room in WDW but they would need to take their manual hoist with them but can't get it in their car.

Does anyone have any suggestions of tel numbers, channels, anything for them to get local alerts etc. Anyone have any ideas of who to contact to get the hoist to a hotel? It says on CNN that they are helping those people stranded who have special needs so was hoping someone could help us find out how to get that? My family over there are doing any amount of research they can but it's not easy for them as poor wifi and struggling to work phone system!!
Thanks so much

The governor just stated if you can't get out of any mandatory evacuation, whether for fuel or any reason at all, call 1-800-955-5504, right now! He said they will do anything in their power to help get anyone in a mandatory evacuation area out. Even if you are elderly, disabled, have pets, have no money, any reason at all they will get you and your loved ones out.

The governor just stated if you can't get out of any mandatory evacuation, whether for fuel or any reason at all, call 1-800-955-5504, right now! He said they will do anything in their power to help get anyone in a mandatory evacuation area out. Even if you are elderly, disabled, have pets, have no money, any reason at all they will get you and your loved ones out.
My daughter lives in Davenport and it is not a mandatory evacuation area - it's in Polk County. Emergency services won't be available for the family at this time.

My daughter lives in Davenport and it is not a mandatory evacuation area - it's in Polk County. Emergency services won't be available for the family at this time.

I suppose I thought it was Orange County since they were at Disney and posted on a Disney forum. Oh, well, maybe it will help someone. I am in a different part of Florida, so was not familiar with where Davenport is.

Any idea on Magical Express? We are at airport hotel in Orlando and want to take magical express tomorrow to Polynesian for our hotel stay. We are displaced from the 9/9 Fantasy cruise. Just trying to make it to Disney world where we can weather the storm for the week.

Any idea on Magical Express? We are at airport hotel in Orlando and want to take magical express tomorrow to Polynesian for our hotel stay. We are displaced from the 9/9 Fantasy cruise. Just trying to make it to Disney world where we can weather the storm for the week.
I would think the magical express will operate until the airport closes.

I posted this for katytrott. Her family is in Orange County, which is under mandatory evacuation for some, therefore, I hope they would help.
They are in a villa in Davenport. Emergency services won't transport someone who just wants to move to another hotel.
I know lots of info that WDW is safest place (and universal etc) but they are in a villa in davenport near WDW.

They are in a villa in Davenport. Emergency services won't transport someone who just wants to move to another hotel.

Nope, not to another hotel. I was assuming that was a last resort and that their main interest was in getting out. I could be wrong. Also didn't catch that they were in Davenport on the original post, so was curious why you even mentioned it. Read it again and it sure does say that. Odd.

I suppose it doesn't matter anyway since Disney is closing.

Central Florida is now in a Hurricane Watch. That is expected to eventually turn into a warning.
In the middle of the night, CMs are reporting they received the Hurricane Warning via cellphone Alert notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter