Hurricane Irma Updates ***Check First Post for closures and more info***

Oh yes. I thought about the tents and things - not much hurricane protection in those - but wondered about the actual resort hotel and why that was closing. I've never stayed there so didn't realise it was quite so wooded. Thanks for the info, hope everyone stays safe
Wilderness lodge is open and has guests. Ft. Wilderness campground and cabins are closed.

Oh yes. I thought about the tents and things - not much hurricane protection in those - but wondered about the actual resort hotel and why that was closing. I've never stayed there so didn't realise it was quite so wooded. Thanks for the info, hope everyone stays safe
There is no hotel at fort wilderness. The wilderness lodge is separate from fort wilderness. People on the camping board have reported they've been allowed to take their pets to another resort with them.

There is no hotel at fort wilderness. The wilderness lodge is separate from fort wilderness. People on the camping board have reported they've been allowed to take their pets to another resort with them.
Oh yes. Doh! I was thinking that Wilderness Lodge was closing too. Now it makes sense. I hope everyone (and their pets) get sorted x

I'm sure this was asked before but have Disney parks/rides ever really sustained damage from a hurricane before? They look to get hit with cat 3 winds this time.

Ft Wilderness has called those of us with checkin dates during the closure. Right now, they are planning on reopening Ft Wilderness on Wednesday. This is what happened last year during Mathew. The Fort was closed a day longer than the parks to allow clean up of downed trees and branches.

For guests that were evacuated with pets, they were allowed to bring their pets to the WDW resort they were moved to.

j

Ft Wilderness has called those of us with checkin dates during the closure. Right now, they are planning on reopening Ft Wilderness on Wednesday. This is what happened last year during Mathew. The Fort was closed a day longer than the parks to allow clean up of downed trees and branches.

For guests that were evacuated with pets, they were allowed to bring their pets to the WDW resort they were moved to.

j
That may seem like a small thing to some, but it's actually pretty wonderful.

A mandatory curfew is in place for Orange county which cover much of the WDW area. It begins at 7PM tonight.

A mandatory curfew is in place for Orange county which cover much of the WDW area. It begins at 7PM tonight.
The weather channel said it is in effect until 6pm Monday so it is doubtful they will open the parks on Monday like some have suggested, unless Orange lifts it early due to the storm being totally out with minimal damage by early Monday. Last year for Matthew, they opened DS at 5p for WDW guests and waited until the next day to open the parks

This makes me proud to be a Disney fan, DVC member, and a shareholder. People are blown away by the CMs and that's why WDW has the mojo that keeps people coming back. Of all the property owned by Disney--both physical & intellectual--what they do with their people is among their biggest assets. I hope they don't lose sight of that. :)

Is anyone actually expecting disney employees to act like jerks during a hurricane?

That's not even a thing. Everybody acts their best during these things...it's a human condition...not a disney one. I wouldn't expect less. These are one of the few "we're all equal" scenarios in our country.

Just being fair.

But the track of the storm has sucked more inland...which means disney quite possibly (almost definitely actually) is going to experience its longest, strongest exposure to a storm in its history...

...she's heading right for it.

Is anyone actually expecting disney employees to act like jerks during a hurricane?

That's not even a thing. Everybody acts their best during these things...it's a human condition...not a disney one. I wouldn't expect less. These are one of the few "we're all equal" scenarios in our country.

Just being fair.

But the track of the storm has sucked more inland...which means disney quite possibly (almost definitely actually) is going to experience its longest, strongest exposure to a storm in its history...

...she's heading right for it.
80 MPH gusts expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter