Hurricane Irma Updates ***Check First Post for closures and more info***

News is starting to come in from CMs that all Disney Parks and Disney Springs will close Saturday 6/9, with a target to re-open Tuesday 9/12. Still no official confirmation on Disney's website though

News is starting to come in from CMs that all Disney Parks and Disney Springs will close Saturday 6/9, with a target to re-open Tuesday 9/12. Still no official confirmation on Disney's website though
That would be a significant closure, but this is a significant storm, afterall.

From CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/07/us/hurricane-irma-florida-latest/index.html

Disney World

• Walt Disney World Resort will close early on Saturday and stay closed through Monday, but resort hotels will remain open.
  • Disney’s Blizzard Beach will be closed Friday through Monday
  • Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will be closed Saturday through Monday
  • ESPN Wide World of Sports will be closed Saturday through Monday
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom will close at 7 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will close at 7 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday
  • Epcot will close at 9 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday
  • Epcot will close at 9 p.m. on Saturday (and the evening's fireworks are cancelled) and stay closed through Monday
  • Disney Springs will close at 9 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday
Universal Studios:

• The park will close at 7p.m. on Saturday and will remain closed through Monday
  • Officials anticipate the park reopening on Tuesday

Ride out crews for WDW have been notified and will be ready to go as soon as parks close on Saturday.

I'm surprised to see magic kingdom, Epcot and the springs open til 9 whereas everyone else is closed earlier, or in the case of legoland all day. For all of those in Florida, my family and friends, stay safe!!!! I'm calling my dad tonight to wish him luck. This is his first hurricane since mibing there but he did ride out Charley is all stars sports so I want to check up on him despite everything between us. My other friends and family I've accounted for

My Aunt, Uncle and Cousin and her family (herself, husband and two children) were at Disney and they were scheduling to leave tonight however, their flight was cancelled and now they have to rent a car but gas stations are out of gas. Hope they can get out of the state at least!

My Aunt, Uncle and Cousin and her family (herself, husband and two children) were at Disney and they were scheduling to leave tonight however, their flight was cancelled and now they have to rent a car but gas stations are out of gas. Hope they can get out of the state at least!

Any chance they could just stay longer at Disney? Wonder if that might be better at this point

Either way I hope stay safe!

National Hurricane Center is predicting Irma will strengthen into a Category 5 hurricane through the Florida Keys.

Only three other Category 5 hurricanes have hit the US: The so-called "Labor Day" hurricane in 1935, Camille in 1969, Andrew in 1992.

It's still a Category 4 right now — but that's still dangerous.

"THIS IS AS REAL AS IT GETS," the National Weather Service in Key West tweeted. "NOWHERE IN THE KEYS WILL BE SAFE."

My son just got word that he will be part of the ride-out crew at AK. He reports at 11 PM tomorrow. He's happy that he won't lose two days pay when the parks are closed.

Hope he is safe. I was thinking of the people doing it and seems like it would be a really unique experience

That would be a significant closure, but this is a significant storm, afterall.

This would be the 4th category 5 in recorded history to hit the United States...if the Current prediction holds...

1935 - 1969 - 1992 (little Andy...half the size) - 2017

All the big storms of recent years have been 3s or 4s

My son just got word that he will be part of the ride-out crew at AK. He reports at 11 PM tomorrow. He's happy that he won't lose two days pay when the parks are closed.

We should talk about that statement someday...when things are "normal"

National Hurricane Center is predicting Irma will strengthen into a Category 5 hurricane through the Florida Keys.

Only three other Category 5 hurricanes have hit the US: The so-called "Labor Day" hurricane in 1935, Camille in 1969, Andrew in 1992.

It's still a Category 4 right now — but that's still dangerous.

"THIS IS AS REAL AS IT GETS," the National Weather Service in Key West tweeted. "NOWHERE IN THE KEYS WILL BE SAFE."

Lol...sorry...I repeated all this...

Any chance they could just stay longer at Disney? Wonder if that might be better at this point

Either way I hope stay safe!
Thanks and
No need to stay, as I just for word they are in a plane home! Don't know how yet but thank goodness!

Although, my other Aunt's daughter pulled apart her fence down there to board up their windows! Hopefully they stay safe ! And my dad's cousin's daughter is out buying prep for their own family in GA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter