Hurricane Irma Updates ***Check First Post for closures and more info***

There's getting 60 now...

The "good" news is that the more land it covers, the weaker it gets...

So that's good.

The pictures Earlier today of the Tampa bay actually DRAINING as the storm pulled in water of the coast is beyond surreal...
Hope the Swan and Dolphin survive if this is the worst storm to hit Disney.

I forget what year, but one storm blew out the windows in the Swan and Dolphin. The hotels were closed for over a year for repairs. This is supposed to be the strongest hurricane to date so wondering how the windows will hold out this time. Are these the highest hotels on property (other than Disney Springs)?

I forget what year, but one storm blew out the windows in the Swan and Dolphin. The hotels were closed for over a year for repairs. This is supposed to be the strongest hurricane to date so wondering how the windows will hold out this time. Are these the highest hotels on property (other than Disney Springs)?

Probably Chazz or Ivan

If they were worried I'd imagine they wouldn't be having people right now. For instance Kristen Bell and Josh Gad's parents are staying at the Swan.

If they were worried I'd imagine they wouldn't be having people right now. For instance Kristen Bell and Josh Gad's parents are staying at the Swan.

I'm sure they're not overly "worried"...

...but on the other hand when you're stuck, you're stuck.

Kristen Bell is there per her twitter. Her twitter also suggests that the Swolphin took in evacuating Seniors and that they're all being pampered and entertained. Her twitter is pretty sweet.

ETA: I don't want to get a rep for being anything other than a pretentious child hater, but she kinda is acting like a real Disney princess and it's just nice.

Is anyone actually expecting disney employees to act like jerks during a hurricane?

That's not even a thing. Everybody acts their best during these things...it's a human condition...not a disney one. I wouldn't expect less.
Yeah, everyone acts their best. That's why store owners were ripping people off, charging $30+ for a case of water that a week ago cost $3.

Kristen Bell is there per her twitter. Her twitter also suggests that the Swolphin took in evacuating Seniors and that they're all being pampered and entertained. Her twitter is pretty sweet.

ETA: I don't want to get a rep for being anything other than a pretentious child hater, but she kinda is acting like a real Disney princess and it's just nice.

(Kristen Bell has my love because she's one of the smartest/sharpest actresses I've ever seen interviewed. So quick witted it's frightening.)

As long as they were fixed, no big deal, but I love when the fountains on top are working and lit.

Right now, I'm just hoping everyone is safe and damage minimal in general.

The statues are gaudy...maybe not when they were designed in 1986...but Now?

I'm assuming damage will be minimal propertywide...as I said the other day: there's a reason they chose THAT swamp to build on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter