Hurricane Update....

They are safe, have power, <i>but are mad as hell at Marriott!</i>

Apparently Marriott began cutting off services to their Vacation Club guests (<i>guests</i> are usually treated better than members, and my brother is a guest, not a member) yesterday. They suspended all services including cleaning, valet parking, van to the main building, etc. Even though, as of yesterday, the parks were not closed!

They have the main hotel filled with some rock fashion show (Translation: sluts who dance). They're transporting <i>staff and their families</i> back and forth to the main building, but they have refused to do the same for guests.

Jeff said that since the storm slowed, the winds are not as strong, but the storm hasn't passed off as soon as predicted.

We all know the most important thing is that he and his family are safe. But, as our local DISpals have mentioned, they are now the victims of prolonged <i>cabin fever!</i> :rolleyes:

Just spoke to Ed, power went out at 7:00AM and wind is blowing too hard for the crews to fix it!He says, he's wet, he's wild and he's in the front yard with the American flag screaming; "Bring it on, is this all you got?" Frances is pounding Orlando at this time, here in Ft. Laud. we are now getting quite a bit of rain!

They have the main hotel filled with some rock fashion show (Translation: sluts who dance)

You make it sound so cheap Robyn!!!!...I am sure these are lovely young ladies with ambition!

I am sure these are lovely young ladies with ambition!

OK, Manny, I'm willing to amend my description:

I should have described them as <b>ambitious </b><i>sluts who dance.</i>:p

Ok, It has been a little while since we have heard from
Donna, Ed, June, Bob, Amber, Jo Ann, Robyn?????

We just had another band come through still......We
thought we were doing really well and had no leaking
in the roof etc etc etc.. But no now the storm goes
the other way and starts hitting the house on the
other side and we have a minor leak on that side of
the house happening.

There was a big chunk of 95 by Forest Blvd that looks
like a sink hole on the north bound side that happened.

Missing everyone and thinking of all of you, so I know
it is pretty rough right now but when you get up and
going again, let us know you all are ok.

Miami and Ft. Laud Beach is starting to open up some
stores and places to eat.

Now we do not want to deal with IVAN!!!! At this
time he is going 21 miles an hour and has 115 winds.
We all are in no mood. So we hope there is some
type of system on its way to blow it out of here, we
hopefully have a event to attend.

Thinking of everyone!!!

Dana, Michael, Justin and Brittany!!!

DH Malcolm had a suggestion on this brewing <i>Ivan</i> problem. But it's going to take a lot of coordination and organization for this to work.

Here's the plan:

1. We set a time, and synchronize our watches. (My PC clock shows 5:25 PM EDT right now.)

2. On the count of three, everyone has to go outside, and blow <b>really hard</b> to the East! :smooth: ::yes:: :p

<b>Special note to Michael:</b>

Whatever you do, <i>don't let Judy Sue out of the house!</i>

We've been watching the reports from the Orlando area on the Weather Channel. Unless Judy Sue has significantly "chubbed up" since you guys moved to Florida . . . She could easily become airborne on a half-decent gust of hurricane-force wind! :earseek: :scared: :upsidedow

Well, it's over! (Thank God!) It got really bad last night about 10:00 and went straight through till about 7 this morning. We lost power at 4:30 AM and it was out for exactly 12 hours.

Mom and I were very, very lucky! We heard 3 "bangs" outside during the night. Found out this morning one was my neighbors tree being up rooted, one was another neighbors tree falling on my next door neighbors roof and back porch (which is no more) and the third was a hugh branch falling right outside my bedroom window and missing our screened porch by inches! But the clincher was going out front and seeing the tree that was between my neighbors and our house split in half and the fallen half sitting neatly between my car and my house! <phew>

Like I said........... Lucky! (and for having power back by 4:30 PM - God bless FP&L) ;)

Lisa and Donna, hope you guys north of us are doing okay.

Oh and as for Ivan.......... Don't even go there!:faint: :scared1: :crazy2:

OMG Robin! What a miracle real life experience! I am glad to read you & your mom survived despite al lthat went on around you.

I spoke to Luv2Roam/Barb earlier this evening. They lost cable about noon today, & therefore they have no Internet access. When we spoke they still had power, water & cel phones. She did say they were very glad they boarded up their windows with plywood the other day, & they might not take it down right away. Their home seems to be intact despite the continuing rains & wind.

My continued thoughts & prayers to everyone in the path of Frances.

I'm glad you made it through okay Robin!! Wow, Florida power is SO much better than Dominion Power here. Sheesh - we lose power and you KNOW it will be at least 24 hours! :rolleyes: Even without a hurricane!

Glad to here Barb's okay too!

We tried calling Donna and Ed several times yesterday and got no answer and they haven't answered their voicemails. Hope they are okay. :(

Has everyone else checked in?

I hope all my pals come through this okay! Barb....BIG Lots lost there roof? Darn, I love shopping there! Any word from the other's in this area yet?

Whew! so nice to be back in the electric world! Lost our power for 24 hours...boy can a house get hot with no A/C and and the windows all closed!

I haven't made a tour outside yet, it is still raining and windy here but everything seems intact.

Last night, from about 8pm on, we got the strongest winds we had the whole time, even though TOM on channel 6 was telling me "we should be through the worst by now". It was scary....didn't know a 2 yr old house could creak and groan so much!

The only other thing is I have is a small amount of water coming in the bathroom on the north side wall. Amazes me that a house this young could have a leak, and my 60 yr old house in Philly never had leak....go figure.

So, all in all, once again I consider myself so very very fortunate!

Need I mention how Ivan is scaring the pants off me!?!!?!?!?!?

Lynnie!!!

Put your pants back on!!! :eek: :p

Glad to see you made it through okay!

Well to put it bluntly..This Really SUCKED!!!!!!

We just got our power back...and as soon as the wind calms down we will be on roof repair part 2...part 1 was during the storm...

They are telling us if we boarded up to keep the boards up until we see just what Ivan is going to do...:eek:

After standing in that stuff twice last night..I know how those newscasters feel..

June & Bob lost part of their porch, and had leaks all over, but finally got their power back on last night...they are near Lake Wales...

Our roof is toast. but Home Depot is coming to look at it tomorrow...but who knows when they will get it done...Oh Well...we are so lucky compared to what our fellow floridians have gone through....the whole state has been effected.....again...

Man, your roof has just taken such a beating! Please tell that Ed to be extra careful!

Heard some lady on the news talking about Lake Wales, they did get really beat up! Glad Bob and June are okay themselves, though.

I was just outside to talking to a neighbor and rain was like little bb's hitting your face, just like the news reporters were saying!

Made my neighbor happy though, I hadn't put my pants back on yet! :tongue:

Lynnie, so glad to see you back online - that means you have electricity!! Now put those pants back on before Sean tells the Ray what you have been doing in the neighborhood :)! At least you have your sense of humor :).

Our friends in Miami, Naples & Orlando are all planning to keep up storm shutters or plywood until further notice.

They are telling us to stay boarded...i think we will be doing the gnerator thingy this time, and have it hooked right to the house...

I wonder if you can get those things to run off of your electricity to save gas???:crazy:

We have a lovely leak in our bedroom, and if the rain, wind and tornados would just stop...we could get some stuff done..

and Linnie ..doesn't that rain hurt?????? I was sore by the time we got in last night....

Everybody needs to keep on top of what is going on down here before you come, so that you are totatly prepared...raingear is a must....Disney is open today, and the other theme parks...and I'm sure those people are waterlogged..

PLEASE get Ed off that roof! I am watching the news....tornados abounding in your area.

I was going to go out the food store just to get out of the house, but just staying here....don't want to be a tornado chaser!

Originally posted by GotAnyPins
Our roof is toast. but Home Depot is coming to look at it tomorrow...

Ok, I think I have spotted the problem as to why you are having so much trouble with your roof. Donna, you really need to tell Ed that if he is going to make a roof out of toast, he should call Denny's and not Home Depot when it starts to leak. They can bring over some honey and jam and maybe you can get this thing taken care of once and for all. If you have to replace the roof, I suggest you go with the pancake roof next time. Those soak up more moisture and they are easier to maintain, you just pour some maple syrup on them.

Jeff

So glad to see that everyone is coming through ok!
I'm sorry for the damage being done to homes.

Now, I want to know WHO invited Ivan to the pin meet next week-end??? Someone had better withdraw the invitation!

I truly hope his path gets blown a different way... don't think Florida can handle another ones of these right now!

prayers and Pixie dust to all!!
Kathi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter