"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Oh Meghan, I got all choked up during the first look post!! You both look great!!

ulNc5eu.jpg

Holy cow. This is stunning!

My favorite!! This setting is lovely.

This is very Flynn and Rapunzel :lovestruc

and it made the Great Balloon Caper totally worth it.

Oh my gosh, it TOTALLY made it worth it.

The one of just you is still my fave, but this one is wonderful too. I really, REALLY like this particular setting I guess!

I understand about the photographer not shooting in exactly your style, but they really came out so wonderfully. And even though the makeup wasn't your favorite, it came off great on camera.

I'm so impressed that you powered through that early wake up call. You were the perfect Disney bride :hug:

Oops! Naw, Nate's seen that face many times over the years, and it typically means tired or hungry...often both.

Tired? At that time of day?
Who'd a thunk it?

It was definitely dense! I'm not sure how they packed so many flowers into that amount of space! And roses are fairly dense and heavy themselves anyway. I should have gone with a little fluff ball of hydrangeas or something... :laughing:

"My bouquet? What is it? A dandelion."

Thanks! It was one of my favourite things about the dress. I asked Amanda to get at least one shot that showed off the back, but she was on it anyway.

::yes::

I think that's a great idea! If I'd gotten married anywhere but Disney I would have done the same thing. I just sweat like a football player in the summer heat/humidity in Florida, and I knew I wouldn't be used to doing my makeup for those conditions. So I wanted a Florida native to do my makeup and be able to combat the humidity better than I could! That, and I wanted airbrush foundation, which I can't do myself. But I always do my own makeup for special occasions. I also did my own prom makeup, and for my grad pictures, etc.

I definitely sweat too, but I think I've mastered doing my makeup in FL to a degree :rotfl:

Haha, I had to jump in on this conversation. You two always have your makeup done so nice! On my high school prom night, I came downstairs and announced I was ready, and my mom freaked out because I had no makeup on haha - she told me I had to wear it on a special night like that :rotfl:. I so rarely wear makeup, even these days, that whenever I do I always have people telling me how nice I look that day - guess my makeupless face isn't that great :laughing:. I had mentioned doing my own makeup for my wedding day, and my mom shot that down pretty quickly, and then told me she would pay for me to make sure I actually wore makeup to get married.

Aw thank you. I actually really liked how my prom makeup came out, and I wouldn't want to wear anymore makeup than usual so I think that might work for me. Although I almost never wear makeup to work anymore, and I do get a lot of people asking if I'm sick or tired when they see me without it :rotfl:

Also have to jump in on the makeup conversation @fallonkendra @MeghanEmily @Raeven One year in high school, our homecoming was on a Friday so I came home from school to get ready. The first thing I did was paint my nails, and when I went to show my mom, she went, "But what about YOUR FACE!!" :rotfl: Maybe she thought I was going to skip it because I had only become interested in wearing any about 6 months before, around the end of Freshman year. Now I can get by with my eyeshadow/mascara/liner... I used to be faster at it but I don't wear makeup to work anymore... I only pull it out occasionally on weekends and on trips :rotfl:

:lmao: I pretty much gave up on wearing makeup to work too!

We popped over to the breezeway area under the castle next:

ihEG6wa.jpg

Love this picture!

Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Tangled tower bathroom area,

Ooo that's what I would pick!

I even include horribly unflattering pictures,

What's a TR worth reading without unflattering photos??

Love it! The back is perfect.

I never had to steam it once.

SCORE!!!

She works part-time at a David's Bridal shop, so I trusted her above all others to make sure I was good to go!

Good choice for sure!!

That was when I met Amanda. She was the absolute opposite of a regret! :lovestruc

The photog can make or break a wedding in less than 30 seconds. Soooo glad you got a winner here!

I didn't have safety pins, and neither did anyone else.

Well, crap.

I came prepared and wore flip flops for most of the morning.

Now THAT is a smart move, Lady!

N also got his boutonniere, and so began the equally-difficult challenge of keeping it pinned on.

The boutonniere is often the bane of weddings. :(

The thing was incredibly heavy for its size!

I'm guessing it was partially due to water weight as well.

I like this one best for color!

Amanda’s photos weren’t 100% exactly my style if I'm being honest. I have a few photographers at home who I follow and whose photos are much more my style, and I even researched a few Orlando photographers with similar portfolios. But I had been so worried that our Disney wedding photographer would be terrible and I would hate all my photos, that I was so pleasantly surprised with the photos we got. Moreover, Amanda was confident, relaxed, and had a super personality. She was able to pose us easily without making us feel anxious or awkward, and that was reflected in the images she got. I also knew in advance that MK shoots usually only included further-away shots because the photographers wanted to showcase the MK backdrop, so I wasn’t disappointed with what we got.

What a treasure trove of beautiful photos you have. So so pretty! She really did a fantastic job for you all the way around- glad you got your money's worth!

I am still following and lurking, but just have to echo all others that your photos are amazing!! And allt e parts go together so well, I know you said your makeup isn't exactly what you wanted, but it is gorgeous and no one would ever know you had been up since way too early-you look fresh and excited and lovely! Gorgeous on all fronts!!

I'm still hopeful that another FP time will show up at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. I realize that it's Flight of Passage...and on New Year's Day...
Well, I know that is a busy day, but I keep hearing stories of new FoP FP's popping up as the time nears. Just keep checking!

I also couldn't leave well enough alone, and I booked another ADR (because I'm a gluttonous crazy person!) for a lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We did this on our honeymoon, and I mostly want to repeat it to eat more gluten free corn bread...which is basically yellow cake mix with cornmeal in it...I know, because I asked how to make it, because I was addicted. :hyper:
I don't think I tried the GF cornbread there when we ate there with Sis. I should try it sometime. I love the regular cornbread from there and we make it at home fairly often.

Remember that terrible alarm? Remember how awful it looked?
::yes::

et me just confirm that it didn't look any better when it was going off merely a few hours later.
Doesn't matter how important the reason... waking up that early just sucks.

In the interest of leaving out zero details, I even include horribly unflattering pictures, because I care for you all that much!
It's wedding day! Let's get pictures of everything!!!!

I slithered into my dress next, and my friend and bridesmaid, Erin, laced me up and got me squared away. She works part-time at a David's Bridal shop, so I trusted her above all others to make sure I was good to go!
Great planning on the bridal party! :thumbsup2

Looking back now, I remember the big events of this morning prep session, but it feels like so much of a blur that I may as well have slept through it...and it's entirely possible that I mostly did. :laughing: It feels like I was hardly even there. I remember it, but it felt more like 20 minutes than 2+ hours.
I get it. The big moments in life just seem to be that way. I know I was there. I remember it well, yet I kind of don't.

Amanda shot my shoes. (With her camera! It would be hard to wear them for the wedding with bullet holes in them!)
:rotfl2:

Soon our ride arrived, driven by Amanda's assistant/second shooter (though I don't think he ended up taking any photos...he mostly positioned lights and became my absolute best friend because he was a wizard at gathering and helping me carry my dress! ...but I'm getting carried away here. All in good time. Anyway!) I thought his name was...something, and I called him that on at least one occasion, never being corrected, only to find out later that I was pretty sure his name was actually...something else...and now I can't remember what either of those names were!! :rolleyes1 ...come to think of it, I may have called him "Matt," so I'll go with that for the purposes of this TR.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I'm going to guess that it was probably Pat.

It was also at this point that I took a selfie to commemorate how much I was loving the early morning...
You look thrilled...

Amanda asked when they’d be finished, and it was going to be a fair bit longer, basically as long as we’d still have the darkness to work with, so she asked how we felt about having Halloween images in our photos. I was okay with it, and N was thrilled—he loves Halloween and is an overall quirky human being—so we started our shoot.
Cool! Maybe not the original plan, but it turned out great! My sister would love that. She's always said she wants to get married at the Haunted Mansion on Halloween.

By this point, Matt had taught me how we would deal with my dress for travelling for the remainder of the shoot, and I was getting pretty good at it. I would hold out one arm—the free arm without my bouquet…(though it was often N’s “job” to carry my bouquet from one place to another)—and Matt would gracefully gather my train together and drape it over my arm for me. My dress would be lifted off the ground enough to facilitate walking, and off we’d go! It was pretty impressive, really.
Sounds like he's had plenty of experience with this and has the process down to an art.

…and we finally got one of my favourite photos of the whole shoot! It’s hanging in our living room now, and it made the Great Balloon Caper totally worth it. Here it is:
Love it! well worth the effort N had to go through.

The pictures are all fantastic! Honestly, I'm impressed by the overall quality of all the shots. They look great, as do you and N!

Wow! Your wedding pictures are beautiful! You and Nathan both looked wonderful and so happy! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. I need to start saving my money big time because now I have my heart set on seeing my daughter married at Disney World. I can't wait to see how the rest of your day goes.

Wow I can't get over how beautiful your MK photos are. I think my faves were of you on the steps behind the castle because the train of your dress fell so gracefully! The ones inside the castle that were dark were also fantastic. I mean all of them were amazing but those stood out to me. Can't wait to see the rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter