"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

Then we napped on and off and nibbled on some snacks for a few hours. We had also put the wedding cake into the fridge in hopes that it would be revived and would be edible later. Spoiler alert: this was only moderately successful.

Sorry to hear the cake didn't fully recover but smart of you to refrigerate it!

It gave us 18 TS meal credits, which we used to pay for 18 of the 20 people we were about to host at Boma that evening!

I didn't know you could pay for other people's meals using dining credits. That was a really smart idea on your part.

.he asks, "Do you want the Disney guy!?" in the pictures. The Disney Guy. AKA: himself.

:eek::rotfl:
Well then...he was certainly an interesting fellow.

So the rest of us showed up in mildly cool-for-summer-but-dressy attire, and Brad wore a Captain America T-shirt!

I wondered about that in your earlier photos of everyone in the limo! I just assumed he was the kind of guy who hated dressing up.:rotfl2:

N proposed to me on the balcony of our savannah view room last December at the moment when the giraffes first walked by

I didn't know that! Alex proposed to me in front of giraffes, too. See, I knew there was a reason I liked you...we both have excellent taste in animal preferences.

our server offered to take a photo of our table, which was totally appreciated!

Great photo. Although, I'm sure you were quite sick of photos by that point.

I'm sure it'll sound suspiciously innocent for me to say we had an early night and immediately hit the hay on our wedding night...but we were wiped out and that's exactly what happened!

:rotfl2:

In all seriousness, Winnie the Pooh happened to be the first ride I took N on when we went on our first trip together a couple of years ago, and so we decided we wanted it to be our first ride as married folks.

Aww, I love this. How very fitting to make Pooh your first married couple ride.

She offered to take a picture of us around the table.

Seems like all the servers were really helpful!

You may already know that this isn't my favourite ride, but it's a classic, so it was necessary.

Sshh, I won't tell Landon this. He'd be incredulous. :rotfl:

Finally caught up after the holidays! The rest of your wedding day looked fantastic. You're so brave going short and it suits you! There's something very liberating about chopping it all off after it being a focus (for me at least) during the wedding!

The honeymoon seems to be off to a great start. Can't wait to hear more!

...no? Not your typical first stop? Weird. We must be the only ones... o_O

In all seriousness, Winnie the Pooh happened to be the first ride I took N on when we went on our first trip together a couple of years ago, and so we decided we wanted it to be our first ride as married folks.

We have the same tradition! Pooh was our first ride ever at Disney, so now it has to be first every time!

We're back!! Our marathon weekend trip was a moderate success—exhausting, freezing (literally), and mostly fun with a bit of frustration thrown into the mix. I did end up taking notes and a decent number of photos, so I think I'll probably write a trip report...? Just like our last May trip, we came up with FAR too many good trip report titles, so I feel like I need to write a TR just to give some of them the justice they deserve! I'm not sure if I'll get started on it soon, or wait until after this one is done...I'll probably wait for ease of keeping things in order and not taking on too much at a time. I'll be honest though, because I always appreciate things like this in other people's trip reports: I wasn't as sad to come home from this trip as I normally am. Disney is my happy place, and I feel like I should be more grateful with the time, effort, and money that we were able to put in to make this trip happen, but if I'm being honest I found it a fairly difficult 10 days. I was under the weather for a lot of the time, the ACTUAL Florida weather was definitely "under the weather"—our race morning it was -1 C, or 30 F—we were tired a lot of the time, even though I was prepared for them the crowds were still horrendous, and there were a few minor frustrations with touring with my family that I hadn't really expected which affected my mood more than they should have. There also were, however, many bright moments in this trip, including two great Dismeets, completing a 5K race, getting Universal APs for the first time, some amaze-balls meals, and a small amount of Florida sunshine. I'll be writing my report honestly, but I'll be trying to focus the most on those wonderful moments.

Miraculously, our flight home was one of the ones that was timed just right so as not to be delayed or cancelled by the ginormous storm that just hit the east coast. We even managed to drive the 2 hours back from the airport today. We're all exhausted after getting up at 3am two mornings in a row (for the 5K, and then for the flight,) but glad to be home safe and sound, and thankful to have power here. I will get back here for some replies/catching-up as soon as I can...but man, you guys need to stop being so prolific whenever I go away!!

Exhibit A:
vvwKN9s.png

I'll be writing my report honestly, but I'll be trying to focus the most on those wonderful moments.
Please do be honest. I experienced a lot of negative on our last trip and understand wanting not to focus on it much. Not every Dis trip can be awesome, especially with all of the different people around.

exhausting, freezing (literally), and mostly fun with a bit of frustration thrown into the mix.

So...... (other than the freezing) pretty normal, huh?

I did end up taking notes and a decent number of photos, so I think I'll probably write a trip report...?

Yay!

like our last May trip, we came up with FAR too many good trip report titles, so I feel like I need to write a TR just to give some of them the justice they deserve!

Oh, goody. :)

I'll probably wait for ease of keeping things in order

I would suggest that. It's hard enough doing one at a time! I don't get how some people do more than one at a time.

but if I'm being honest I found it a fairly difficult 10 days

:hug:

and there were a few minor frustrations with touring with my family

A "few" and "minor"..... I'd call that a win, then. At least when it comes to touring with family.

two great Dismeets

Oh, good! :)

completing a 5K race

Congrats!

getting Universal APs for the first time

Really!

We're all exhausted after getting up at 3am two mornings in a row

Ouch. Yeah, that's a bit tough.

Welcome home, Meghan. :goodvibes

I am following along! I am slowly catching up.

We had so many near misses avoiding potential accidents with insane drivers who were passing in traffic through nonexistent spaces, crossing four lanes at a time, zooming past us and then immediately slowing to nearly a stop, etc.
You sure you weren't already in Jersey?

We were in the far-right lane, and the vehicle in front of us suddenly veered into the guard rail beside us, bounced off it, and started rebounding back toward us into traffic.
That sounds SUPER scary!

"Welcome to New Jersey." We dissolved into laughter. (Sorry to friends from NJ! I don't really think your whole state sucks or anything...but it was really funny.)
I am from Jersey and that part is def not the most beautiful

And let me tell you, after driving for days and staying in less expensive hotels, arriving at the GF felt like driving straight into an oasis...

7TEvjkG.jpg
I can only imagine!

Love the bag! I want to get a Disney D&B but haven't found the pattern that I want to take the plunge on.

N recently had work in Florida—one weekend in Tampa, the following weekend in Miami—so what did he do in his down time, you ask? ...He went to Food and Wine without me!!

geumZns.gif
Ha. I know how you feel! My DH has been out in LA, and he almost went to Disneyland with out us! But he wised up and said he couldn't go with out his family for fear of divorce.

But the best part is that my aunt kept telling N how she hadn’t seen me so happy in years…but N and I have been together for about 9 years now, so he was like, Gee, thanks! I’ve been here the whole time!
Ha! Too funny!

At first they told him there was nothing they could do…but then all of a sudden someone returned from the back with a free balloon for him and well-wishes for his wedding! Disney magic finally prevailed, and wedding photos were saved!
Man, He was dedicated!!!

I love the looks on both of your faces. Happy/Nervous/Excitied all balled into one.

This is AMAZING!!! I would of been hesitant but I color is awesome!

This one too! That is an amazing spot to take your pic! (I mean all the locations are, really)

The balloons!

tjNjN98.jpg

The overspray from the waterfall was so dreamy.
Also, amazing!

Again, I love the candid looks on your face.

Alll of the photos are fantastic!

OMG!!! Everything about your wedding day was just amazing. I loved reading ALL of the posts!

I don't know why, but I love that he has his magic band on... Most wedding photos don't include magic bands.

I love how surprised you look, even though you planned it...

Aren't they fancy! It's the ultimate meet n greet!

Ha! I love it.

We got to pick their attire from 5 or 6 choices, and I thought these outfits really flattered them both!
You got to dress Minnie! My youngest would be so jealous!

Perfect!

P.S. I just looked up saga, and I think this definition fits perfectly: "a long story of heroic achievement..." ...keyword: long. Will this day ever end!?? Possibly, in another two updates or so...
I loved all of it!

On my way out of the salon, I took this selfie to send my bridesmaids...

SpqBqCB.jpg
I can't get over how different you look! It really changes your look. Granted I only know you from this trip report... But it looks great!

I love it. So sweet.

Aww! This is a good tradition to have, so cute!

...because I had a mission: get Photopass photos in our cute shirts and with my cute new hair before the worst of the sweating began.

That's a good idea!

QH669EB.jpg

(Piglet's selfie game is STRONG!)

Piglet is so ready for this selfie action!! Tusker House characters were pretty much selfie pros too, for future reference, lol

I'd intended to get our photo mat signed by them all here. I mentioned it to our server who was so helpful, and I asked if there was any way to get it signed, even if not at the table. She went and checked for us with the character handler, and then the handler came over to our table and took the mat, and promised to have it signed by everyone out back so nobody would see them signing and expect them to sign at every table, etc. It was a really wonderful gesture, and it meant a lot to us.

Oh, I love that they did this for you!!

The only thing that made this ride less-than-perfect was the family beside ours taking flash photos.

loathe entirely.

A girl behind us on Pirates did this and her boyfriend/husband/male companion said, "Oh my god, put that s**t away. You are breaking the rules, I can no longer be seen with you"

yes.

Hooray!!

stopping at the world's coolest bathrooms along the way...

wWwiX6b.jpg

Would you believe these were the only bathrooms without a line on 12/30 in the MK?? Every other one had a line a mile long!

I'll be honest though, because I always appreciate things like this in other people's trip reports: I wasn't as sad to come home from this trip as I normally am. Disney is my happy place, and I feel like I should be more grateful with the time, effort, and money that we were able to put in to make this trip happen, but if I'm being honest I found it a fairly difficult 10 days. I was under the weather for a lot of the time, the ACTUAL Florida weather was definitely "under the weather"—our race morning it was -1 C, or 30 F—we were tired a lot of the time, even though I was prepared for them the crowds were still horrendous,

That sucks, but it happens. For me it was my trip in 2008, but luckily it was before I started writing trip reports. It was cold, crowded, and I came home with strep throat and a double ear infection so completely miserable flying! It is hard to be totally honest in a trip report without feeling like a complainer or Debbie Downer. No worries, though. Most of us have been around long enough to understand that not even trip is super magical and it's still okay :hug:
Ten years after that horrible trip I still love WDW (maybe even more so) and when I think about it, I tend to forget the negative aspects…except CBR, which I will never stay at again!

completing a 5K race, getting Universal APs for the first time, some amaze-balls meals, and a small amount of Florida sunshine. I'll be writing my report honestly, but I'll be trying to focus the most on those wonderful moments.

Awesome! I'm sure there was more good than bad :-)

We're back!! Our marathon weekend trip was a moderate success—exhausting, freezing (literally), and mostly fun with a bit of frustration thrown into the mix.

Yay, glad your back and that your travel wasn't hindered by the weather. I would love, love, love for you to do a TR on the marathon trip. I want to hear the good and the bad, but definitely the good. ;)

I did end up taking notes and a decent number of photos, so I think I'll probably write a trip report...? Just like our last May trip, we came up with FAR too many good trip report titles, so I feel like I need to write a TR just to give some of them the justice they deserve!
Absolutely make a trip report!

I will get back here for some replies/catching-up as soon as I can...but man, you guys need to stop being so prolific whenever I go away!!

Exhibit A:
vvwKN9s.png
Haha! Good luck getting thru everything!

Unfortunately, not every trip can be magical and happy 100 percent of the time. Life's like that...however, I still want to read all about your trip and hear about the highs and lows. It all comes together to make the Disney experience...

Hahaha, oh man...you had a few notifications to sort through!

Welcome back, excited to continue reading your wonderful wedding TR and your new one when it starts. Some trips are more frustrating then others that is for sure. We had some bummer moments at Thanksgiving but overall a fun trip that I would do again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter