I don't like the new VRBO. Any suggestions ?

GabLovesDisney

Earning My Ears
I have used VRBO for years. I usually click on email owner and ask about cancelation policy, price, area attractions etc. From what I can tell on the new format you have to put in credit card info and request booking. I like to check with several places before I decide. Does anyone know of a site like the old VRBO? Airbnb seems to br like the new VRBO.

More and more vacation rental owners aren't liking VRBO either! Expedia bought it and things have been changing ever since. They even charge the guest a booking fee!

One solution is to look for regional listing sites for the places that you would like to go. These are run more like the old VRBO. Better yet, search for owners' direct websites!

I stopped searching VRBO when they started changing that crazy booking fee last year. We have had great success with Airbnb.

If you are looking for a condo, I really like renting from owners on TUG2.net and Redweek.com. When did a booking fees start with VRBO? We did a VRBO rental in July that I booked way in advance, and I don't remember being charged a booking fee for that??

I usually google local management companies and often find the same properties that are on VRBO, but I save money by booking direct and skipping the VRBO fees.

Find properties you like on VRBO and contact the owner/manager. Ask if you can book directly with them to avoid the VRBO booking fees. We have done that with success.

I was looking it over this weekend, and by the time I added the cleaning fee, booking fee and taxes, it brought the price way up! I've had good luck with Redweek too. I have also used Ebay in the past-just make sure to check on their feedback. Not adding taxes and all the other fees does make a big difference in the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter