I found a conference ... AT DISNEYWORLD!

Sun 26th

Dragged myself out of bed ... Down to the conference...
Now... I buy stickers from USA to bribe my patients to behave
Postage, however costs me more than the stickers do.
I had a brainwave (fuelled by other Aussie DISers) and had them delivered to the hotel
At the conference, there were many companies selling stickers.... I struck up a conversation with one man who told me to come back before lunchtime Sunday
Anyway.... Long story short.... He gave me what was left of an open box .... 45 ROLLS!!!!!
I was beside myself!
The conference finished early .... Good thing ... Cause I had a reservation at Hollywood and Vine for 3
Because of the crowds, we hadn't seen Fantasmic
I rang yesterday and managed to book the dinner/ Fantasmic package
So glad I did!
Hollywood and Vine s a buffet & carvery - food was good. So was the service.
After this, we watched the Indiana Jones show
Went on Star Tours (again)
Then went to Fantasmic - it was amazing!
Water projection, light show - with a story..... And the reserved seating area was not crowded
null_zps0ee0cdf4.jpg

null_zpsfce148cd.jpg

null_zpse2a0e6ea.jpg

null_zps43d466d0.jpg

null_zpscc99aad8.jpg

All too soon, it was time to go back to the Dolphin & pack

So jealous of your glimpses of Star Wars weekend - still can't believe you cracked a conference at Disneyworld! Sounds like you really made the most of it - and yay for sticker happiness. I have an emergency dental appointment Monday for a dodgy crowned tooth that's been aching - can I have some stickers please?? (Dentist = my age drops to 5 - no who am I kidding most kids of 5 are braver than me!)

So jealous of your glimpses of Star Wars weekend - still can't believe you cracked a conference at Disneyworld! Sounds like you really made the most of it - and yay for sticker happiness. I have an emergency dental appointment Monday for a dodgy crowned tooth that's been aching - can I have some stickers please?? (Dentist = my age drops to 5 - no who am I kidding most kids of 5 are braver than me!)

Good luck with the dentist!

Nice pictures of Fantasmic!

I guess it must have been a busy day at the conference. :thumbsup2

Hope all goes well with that crown
You know.... Most of the "cute" stickers go to the older teenage girls
They can't get enough Pooh Bear etc
This guy was awesome - I got stickers for new (unreleased) movies - Monsters University & Planes, and LOTS of Princesses!

45 rolls! Nice score on the stickers.

That's me too! I need a sticker just for making the appointment.
:scared1: Me thinking about dentists
:lovestruc. Me thinking about Fairy Floss (but only if she doesn't mention the T word)

Mon 27th

Our last day at WDW :-(
Up at 7
Extra magic hours this morning @ Animal Kingdom
Waited and waited and waited for a bus at Dolphin
4 buses came for Magic Kingdom - they all left empty
Asked the 5th driver to call and see if he could take all of us to AK but then along comes a family heading to MK! Aaaaargh!!!
So.... Caught a taxi. Actually, we shared a taxi with another family and arrived in minutes.
Grabbed fast passes for Expedition Everest.
10 min wait - so went on it
Then - off to Kilamanjaro safari
... And back onto Expedition Everest
Had a bit more of a wander around - then around 10.30, the crowds seemed to engulf us so we decided to leave
Caught the bus to MK but it only goes to the transportation centre
The crowds for MK monorail & ferry looked really bad ....... so ......
Monorail to EPCOT
Had a last walk around
Went on Sum of all Thrills (love this ride!)
On our way out, we saw The Mad Hatter!
Had the most fun interaction with him!
null_zps83f8aa43.jpg

We were both just laughing like mad fools together...
Left the park not feeling anywhere near as sad as I expected
Back to Dolphin for lunch at the Fountain and then it was time to go to Orlando airport to begin the long trip home and plan my next trip

Fairy Floss, the photo of you with the Mad Hatter would have to be my favourite of your trip. I can only imagine what you two were talking about!

Fairy Floss, the photo of you with the Mad Hatter would have to be my favourite of your trip. I can only imagine what you two were talking about!

It was the perfect finale to my trip
He started laughing and I laughed back and I ended up laughing so much my tummy hurt :-)

10 days later....

I'm on a plane again
This time, I'm off to Seoul, Korea for another conference (to get the rest of this year's points)
No extra days this time - just the conference
The conference was excellent
The people are lovely
Managed to get in some sight seeing in the evenings
(It's very easy to get lost!)
Thought I'd share some pics with you
Dongdaemun Gate
null_zps9daea561.jpg

Deoksugung Palace
null_zps80a3ad4c.jpg

At the opening ceremony, a lady was at a lectern with black powder - she made pictures which were projected on the screen for us to see - fascinating!
null_zps91552ff2.jpg

Bongsuena Temple - behind the convention centre
null_zps270ca07a.jpg

Namdaemun Gate
null_zpse79463f3.jpg

Namdaemun market
null_zpsf96e798b.jpg

null_zpse2a2e305.jpg

Me - in Korean Dress
null_zps17cbc41b.jpg

Gyenbokgung Palace
null_zpsf7293584.jpg

null_zps95dd972b.jpg

null_zps9569fec6.jpg

null_zps7f6a7240.jpg

null_zpsc6dac1c7.jpg

Interesting - first pics I think I have seen of Korea. Love the guards uniform - and you dressed up! You have got around a lot this year between volunteer work and conferences! Fascinating stuff! and included a visit to the mouse - what more could you ask for.

Interesting - first pics I think I have seen of Korea. Love the guards uniform - and you dressed up! You have got around a lot this year between volunteer work and conferences! Fascinating stuff! and included a visit to the mouse - what more could you ask for.

I'm very, very fortunate
I agree..... Couldn't ask for more

Thanks for your trip report. And the pictures. I was there for the last weekend of f&g and first Star Wars weekend. Glad you had a great trip.

What amazing pictures of Seoul. It's on my bucket list to go to; but I don't see it happening for a while.

Love that picture of you in the Korean dress. You look amazing!

Finally managed to read through your TR :thumbsup2

Love the reports from WDW - sounds like you managed to fit heaps in! And in your short time there managed to catch 3 different 'festivals' (by that I mean the end of the flower and garden festival, the 24 hour park opening, and Star Wars weekends!).

Also love the photos from S Korea. Like Wendy, it's the first time I've seen photos of it, and I like ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter