• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Got The Three Boma Recipes I Wanted!!!

Barbruka

Favorite place in the world.
First off, many thanks to those who sent me the e-mail address for the chef at Boma's. I wrote to them this morning, and already got the three recipes I wanted this afternoon. I got the breakfast Scones, the Banana Bread Pudding, and the Chocolate Mousse Crunch. Anybody want the recipes?? They are to die for!!!

Did you even need to ask??????????? :D

PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE! ;)

Robin

We are not going to leave you alone until you post the recipes! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Let me add to that........

PLEASE

and THANK YOU!!!

TK

Ok guys--here they are. The first one is the Scones. This one looks really easy. Sometimes they use weird measurements. I have tried to simplify where I can. But, in the second recipe, your guess is as good as mine how many eggs are 27 ounces.

Scones
12 ozs. butter
12 ozs. sugar
3 lbs. flour
2 1/4 ozs. baking powder
4 1/2 c. heavy cream
7 ozs. dried currants

Cream butter and sugar. Sift flour and baking powder, and then add to above. Add heavy cream until dough comes together. Add currants and do not over mix, as scones would be tough. Roll dough on a floured surface, about an inch thick. Using a 1-1/2 inch cutter, cut round scones with it. Brush scones with egg wash and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes. Watch so they don't burn.

This next one, I especially loved. Doesn't look too hard. Make sure you don't use regular bread. Has to be what is specified.

Banana Bread Pudding
4 c. milk
19 ozs. sugar
4 c. heavy cream
27 ozs. fresh eggs.
1/3 oz. cinnamon
4 ozs. butter
5 bananas sliced
2 lbs. of Croissants, brioche, or challah, sliced

1. Cut day-old specified bread into pieces. Place them in a deep dish pan.
2. Mix custard mix except for butter.
3. Soak the bread pieces with the custard.
4. Slice bananas and incorporate into the pudding.
5. Place butter chunks on top of bread pudding.
6. Bake bread pudding in a hot water bath oven at 275 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour until an inserted knife comes out clean.
7. Spoon Vanilla Sauce over if preferred. Serves 12.

Vanilla Sauce
24 ozs. heavy cream
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 oz. vanilla
4 1/2 ozs. sugar
1 oz. cornstarch
6 egg yolks

Heat up milk, vanilla, and heavy cream. Dissolve cornstarch with egg yolks. Add sugar. Once liquid boils, temper some of the liquid into the yolks and stir vigorously. Then return tempered yolks into the pot. Turn off the heat and stir continuously until well combined and thickened. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set over an ice bath to cool.

This last recipe looks fairly complicated. If anyone knows where I can get Frangelico, Feuilletine, Praline Paste, and chocolate for spraying, please let me know. A lot of this may be too complicated for the average cook (me included)! Also, does anyone know what sheets of gelatin are? ( I know what regular gelatin is.)

Chocolate Mousse Crunch
1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate
5 egg yolks
2 1/2 ozs. sugar
6 sheets gelatin
4 ozs. Frangelico
4 c. heavy cream
2 1/2 ozs. Feuilletine
3 1/2 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate for crunch
2 1/2 ozs. Praline Paste
8 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate for spraying
8 ozs. canola oil
4 ozs. Ganache (2 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate and 2 ozs. heavy cream)
4 ozs. semi-sweet chocolate for garnish

1. Prepare flexi pan mold, muffin shape.
2. Melt semi-sweet chocolate for mousse.
3. Whip heavy cream for mousse.
4. Mix yolks with sugar.
5. Soften gelatin in cold water, throw out excess. Mix with frangelico in a bowl and set
on hot water bath to dissolve gelatin.
6. Fold 1/3 of cream into melted chocolate. Add yolks, then gelatin mixture, and then
the rest of the cream.
7. Pour into the mold, leaving 1/4 inch space on the top.
8. Place in freezer to set.
9. Melt chocolate for crunchy, then add the feuilletine, and then the praline paste.
10. Once the mousses have hardened, spread the crunch mix over each mousse without
unmolding them. Put back in the freezer to set.
11. Once they have set, unmold the mousses and set them on sheet pans.
12. Melt the chocolate for spraying and mix with canola oil. Fill the spraying bottle.
13. Spray the mousses while frozen to create a rough velvety texture.
14. Pipe a dollop of ganache on each.
15. Put chocolate sticks on top to garnish. Makes 15.

This last recipe looks hard, but if you've had it , you know how good it was. If you know where I can get the above mentioned ingredients, please let me know. It would be a fun Saturday project! Enjoy everyone!

Thanks so much, Barb! Way to go! Can't wait to try these out.
:bounce:

I think I have an answer to the egg question. . . from several old recipe books:

5 or 6 whole medium eggs = 1 cup
4 or 5 whole large eggs = 1 cup
1 egg = 4 Tbl liquid
1 medium egg = 2 ounces

I've also just substituted egg beaters when I've seen odd measurements for eggs.

Here's generic chart for conversions:

3 tsp = 1 Tbl
4 Tbl = 1/4 cup
5 1/3 Tbl = 1/3 cup
8 Tbl = 1/2 cup
10 2/3 Tbl = 2/3 cup
12 Tbl = 3/4 cup
16 Tbl = 1 cup
1/2 cup = 1 gill
2 cups = 1 pint
4 cups = 1 quart
4 quarts = 1 gallon
8 quarts = 1 peck
4 pecks = 1 bushel
16 ounces = 1 pound
32 ounces = 1 quart
8 ounces liquid = 1 cup
1 ounce liquid = 2 Tbl

Some specifics referenced in the recipes . . .

1 pound sugar (granulated) = 2 cups
1 pound all-purpose flour = 4 cups
5 1/2 ounces baking powder = 1 cup
1 pound cornstarch = 3 cups

piratesmate, that's a really handy chart! Thanks for taking the time to do that, I printed it and stuck it with my cookbooks.

You guys, I picked up a copy of the "Rosie" magazine today, and it has a recipe for banana bread pudding. Would you like me to post it?

:)
Robin

Frangelico - Liquor stores will have it. It's a hazelnut flavored liquor in a brown bottle (shaped like a Monk). You can often find "nips" if you don't want to buy a big bottle.

Praline Paste and Gelatin Sheets - Can be purchased from Sweet Celebrations. You can try substituting Nutella for the praline paste and regular gelatin for the sheets (one 7 gram/.25 Oz package = 5 sheets).

Feuilletines - Are the cigarette shaped crisp wafer cookies. You can find these in most grocery stores and coffee shops. Some are filled with praline paste too.

Thanks so much for the recipes. They sound great.

Robin - Do post the recipe you have also. :D

Thankyou MargieJ for the information about those ingredients. I thought I'd never be able to make The Chocolate Mousse Crunch. Now I can! Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter