I have a very big dream!

Really?!? I need to start surfing some flight sites and watch prices. Non-peak would be winter?

I'm flying LAX to OGG (Maui) for less than $400 per person, going mid June. This will be my 6th time to Hawaii and I've always scored airfare from LAX that was reasonable, regardless of season.

I'm flying LAX to OGG (Maui) for less than $400 per person, going mid June. This will be my 6th time to Hawaii and I've always scored airfare from LAX that was reasonable, regardless of season.

Same for us except for when we went at Christmas. Even when we had to reschedule for July one time at the last minute due to ATA going under, we still found flights for under $400.

Ooooohhhhh. This could be doable with the right airfare option. That has always been my biggest concern!:yay:

Ooooohhhhh. This could be doable with the right airfare option. That has always been my biggest concern!:yay:

Beat of Hawaii will post whenever fares fall under $300 rt but those fares don't last very long. Have fun planning!

I think this is definitely a doable wish, just takes some time and money. You can find some reasonable airfares LAX - HNL. I usually fly Hawaiian and see great deals in Feb and March. May can have good prices, too. Airfares will be higher around Easter and spring break time. Rates to Hawaii will also drop in Sept and October. My favorite times to visit are May, Sept and October. Winter holiday rates can be very high. As it turn out these are great months to visit DLR, too. We usually have good weather in May ( even though we had rain today) , Sept and October and crowd sizes at the parks are reasonable.

For a first visit to DLR I would spend atleast 3 days. Stay on site, if possible, but there are many less expensive hotels nearby than are walking distance to the parks. Be sure and buy park hopper tickets because the two parks are right across a "courtyard" from each other. The "new" California Adventure is wonderful. The changes they made to the park have made such a difference. I now often go and spend the entire day at CA. It used to be a 3 or 4 hour park.

Depending on the amount of time (vacation) you have, don't island hop. Just go and spend 5-6 days (min) on one island. Aulani is beautiful BUT it is not in a great location.i would not recommend it be your home base on Oahu. I love Waikiki and you can find nice beachfront hotels for a more reasonable price. Great bus system on Oahu, but car rentals are very reasonable. The problem is parking and most Waikiki hotels charge about $30 or more a day for parking.

Lots to think about, but sounds like an awesome vacation. Have a great time.

Really?!? I need to start surfing some flight sites and watch prices. Non-peak would be winter?

I usually fly Hawaiian. Usually find great rates Feb/March(early) and May. Prices are higher around Easter (spring break) Prices will also drop the very end of August ( I am going Aug 30th) and are usually reasonable in Sept and October. With any trip weather is always an unpredictable variable. In general I prefer May and Sept (Oct can be hot if the trade winds aren't blowing).

Spend like 2 days there and go on to Hawaii

Since this is part of your dream trip, if at all possible, stay longer than 2 days! Make it a proper trip! We stayed 8 days on our most recent Disneyland trip...still wasn't enough. And we've been going pretty regularly since 2007.

Now move over to the Disneyland forum on the boards, and start researching. Check out hydroguy's tips, read about all the hotels around DLR (staying onsite is nowhere near as important as many people feel being onsite at WDW is), etc.

Just moving this over to the Disneyland board where the team and posters there will be able to offer lots of helpful advice :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter