I just won 2 million Euros!

CB1, if you have few Euros left over, I have a great idea for a new movie that could use some financing. It's a cartoon of course and has a whole list of characters:

Me, of course
Mar, as the TTA girl
Greenban as an apologizing dentist
Rash as Rash
Llovell and wtpclc as Ginger and Mary Ann
Gopherit as a trouble maker
And of course,
Colorado Belle 1 as the heroine who saves us all (sorry, can't disclose what from. Don't want to give to much away)

I need more characters, so I invite everyone else feel free to write yourself into the script. Provide suggestions and I'll consider them.

Oh TOON!
YEPYEPYEP...a heroine ....I LOVE THAT. Thinking ala Jessica Rabbit but with the power of invisibility (blue screen).

OK...they better send me my money quick. That Sultan guy was just too slimy slick for this mountainchick.

It's clear that you understood from the beginning that the note was a fraud. On the off chance that someone reading this thread doesn't know this, here are the facts. This form of email is called the "Nigerian Scam" because one form of it originated in Nigeria. It takes various forms: a request to help someone launder money, process winnings and so forth. At some point, a sucker who responds is asked for a bank account number and identification such as Social Security. Sometimes the sucker is even asked for a "small fee" to facilitate the transfer. People who have cooperated have had their bank accounts emptied faster than you could say "hanname!"

I do love your reply to the note (although I hope you didn't actually send it and confirm that you have a live email address).

Well, yep, I actually DID send it.
A worse scam than this one almost got me for real.
It was from PayPal and they sent me an email that someone had tried to access my account from a different email address and they wanted to know if I had been out of town perhaps. (I had been!) So I signed in and logged on and everything looked quite legit...but then they asked for some banking info and I freaked and called PayPal right quick and changed the password.

I feel bad that people actually believe these scammers and they are getting much more sophisticated these days from the Nigerian scam.

I haven't had a reply to my response...maybe they are just sending a check
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I got an email from Earthlink (my internet provider) and it looked legit. But I decided to forward a copy to the fraud dept at earthlink. When I did, the message was all messed up with extra letters that were white in the original message and did not show up. So I did good. Never, ever, ever respond to an e-mail that is asking for personal information.

Thanks for the laughs - what a great way to start the day. Just 2 days ago (and on the Disney site of all places), I was the 1001 person/winner in a pop-up 3 different times!!!

Congratulations, Belle! :banana: :banana:

AND...when it rains it pours. I've just given your name and email to the Honorable Ombabwe Onjowdule Nunkowalle in Nigeria. He's trying to launder about $40 million, and will give you 30%...maybe less a few expenses.

ColoradoBelle1 said:
Well, yep, I actually DID send it.
A worse scam than this one almost got me for real.
It was from PayPal and they sent me an email that someone had tried to access my account from a different email address and they wanted to know if I had been out of town perhaps. (I had been!) So I signed in and logged on and everything looked quite legit...but then they asked for some banking info and I freaked and called PayPal right quick and changed the password.
This is called "phishing," and you'd be appalled at how often it works. I've received those purportedly from everybody from eBay to major banks.

I feel bad that people actually believe these scammers and they are getting much more sophisticated these days from the Nigerian scam.
Never sell the Nigerians short. They make more money from scams than all of the others combined.

ColoradoBelle1 said:
Crisi, that was so funny!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
It actually wasn't funny at all. I have a friend who spends a good bit of time in Nigeria (it's a Secret, can't tell you!), and he attended that conference. The breakfast choices were misleading. The egg, it turns out, is not like...you know...a CHICKEN egg... After seeing that, he opted for the white bread and cricket, although he thought it lacked a certain "...panache'."

Well it is my birthday and I haven't gotten my lottery winnings yet. :confused3
Do you think it was something I said? :crazy:

Jim, I haven't been to Nigeria, but I hear those crickets pack huge amounts of protein (in contrast to the white Wonder bread).

I was watching the movieAir Force One tonight, and when it was being attacked by

MIGS

at the end......... I couldn't help but:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks , Hanname, for the laughs!

Maybe tomorrow my winnings will come?

ColoradoBelle1 said:

I'm sure it's just an oversight. The check's in the mail.

ColoradoBelle1 said:

Happy Birthday!!! :bday:

What a coincidence! I was the lucky winner last year! So, I know how slow the process takes. I would be happy to contact the lottery officials for you and try to speed up the process. I have the contact information from when I was the winner.

Just PM me with your information. Of course, you would need to Paypal me a small fee to offset my long distance charges and other expenses.

I would do it for free for a Dis friend. However, a friend advised me to attend this seminar on how to "shelter" your winnings from the IRS so that you get to keep more of it. It's a complicated process and involves off shore banking accounts. So, all my lottery winnings are "sheltered" there right now. I have to be careful and maintain my current lifestyle in order not to set off any red flags. So, my "for show" bank accounts are pretty tapped out right now.

It takes a while to transfer the money over "without leaving a paper trail" but it's so worth it because who wants to give 40% to Uncle Sam? If you are interested, the seminar costs $500 to attend. Let me know and I will forward the information and contact to you.

Wow! What a small world! Imagine, what are the chances that 2 members of the disboards win the same lottery in different years!

ColoradoBelle1, you and I must be in the same e-mail pool they use to draw the winner! Wouldn't it be a great idea if more of our friends here on the disboards could be winners too? We could then sponsor some awesome Dis-meets, not to mention helping to upgrade the dis-servers!

If anyone else is interested in getting in the e-mail drawing pool, send $2 with your e-mail address to either ColoradoBelle1 or myself and we will submit your e-mail to lottery officials to be added to the pool.

My documentation (that I received with me winnings) state that I can submit up to 500 e-mail addresses of my closest friends and relatives to drawing pool. Any e-mail addresses after that number will cost $25.

The $2 is to help make sure that people are really serious about adding their e-mail addresses to the drawing. We wouldn't want to submit any bogus e-mails addresses (you know how these internet things are) and wasting our open slots. Once the 500 (times 2) slots are filled, we will let you know. If anyone still wants to be a part of the pool, then they will need to submit $25 instead. This money goes directly to the lottery officials.

You too can be a winner. It's true - We have 2 winners right here on the disboards!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Wow, I feel poor! All you lottery winners, can buy trips and AP's for everyone at WDW, all I ever won was a $5000 government grant, that I had never applied for.

A measly $5000 would barely pay for my family at WDW, I so wish I could of shared my good fortune with my DIS friends! :sad:

HI Everyone!!!!

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes!!!!! :flower:
It really means a lot to me. I am so thankful to all my disfriends. :love:
Heck, without you guys I would never have bought into DVC. :wizard:
And that is one thing that never fails to bring a smile to my face. :teeth:

Today I was trying to get my lawn irrigation system working. I failed. It was one of my 'birthday wishes' to myself. Oh well...the grass isn't always greener.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter