I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always used Turbo Tax and I buy the software instead of doing it online. I've seen offers for $20 off, but I think that is for the online version direct from Turbo Tax. I usually find that Amazon beats most prices/deals for the version that I need. I haven't tried HR Block.
Is there a difference or just preference?

I got dh's Chase 1099 today and it's right on all but one card. Chase counted two clicks and I did get two (one from IRL friend, one from here) but the one from here never posted. I just let it go, of course, but now I am irritated. I'm going to go back through the statements to make sure I did not somehow miss the points. Would you guys suggest I contact Chase or just not worry about it? FWIW, it's $100 in income. I've not received my Chase 1099 yet.

@SouthFayetteFan I completely agree with you. Getting the support is worth more than the taxes we will have to pay. It's just a bummer since this isn't the way it's been done before and we were unprepared for this addition to our taxes. Otherwise, I will not be removing my links and I welcome the support!

If you didn't get the points then they need to give them to you. I wouldn't pay taxes on something I didn't get no matter how small the dollar amount is.

Example, when I got my second bachelor's from San Jose State they didn't calculate my student loan disbursement correctly and sent me a check for 1 penny. I thought it was ridiculous but I understood it. I waited until I had something else to deposit, because I wasn't going to the bank just for a 1 cent check. But I sure as heck deposited it because I've been paying interest since I graduated.

Alright what the $@%#? I got a tracking number in a text today for our luggage and all looked good. It said it would be here tomorrow before 10:30 am so Dh planned to stay home to wait for it before going to work. I just checked the tracking and it says it’s in Memphis, TN. Either their tracking is wrong or we aren’t going to be happy campers tomorrow. If dh has to waste half a vacation day for our luggage and it doesn’t show up I’m gonna be ticked. He’s already low on days because of our Japan trip.

Last edited:
I got dh's Chase 1099 today and it's right on all but one card. Chase counted two clicks and I did get two (one from IRL friend, one from here) but the one from here never posted. I just let it go, of course, but now I am irritated. I'm going to go back through the statements to make sure I did not somehow miss the points. Would you guys suggest I contact Chase or just not worry about it? FWIW, it's $100 in income. I've not received my Chase 1099 yet.

@SouthFayetteFan I completely agree with you. Getting the support is worth more than the taxes we will have to pay. It's just a bummer since this isn't the way it's been done before and we were unprepared for this addition to our taxes. Otherwise, I will not be removing my links and I welcome the support!
I’d contact Chase about your missing 10k URs using the tax document as proof (but I’d double check the statements like you mentioned first).

I just signed my dog up for a business account, and just moments after creating his account I realized I put in his real birthday. He's 5 years old. I wonder what the chances are of getting business mailers for a 5 year old?

:rotfl: Best post of the day! It will be interesting if he gets a mailer.

Can I ask how you sign up for the biz mailers? We get the regular ones, but I'm not sure how to get a business account set up.

Also, I got my DVC membership number today!!!

:welcome: Home

Thanks! That certainly was where I stood on it too, but hearing validation from fellow DISers is helpful! I just have to keep reminding myself that this tax mess was totally worth it...What I got out of it is far better than what it cost me, and if I want to cover the "cost" I can just attribute cash back to that cause!

The Chase ones came in yesterday as did the rest of the Amex ones. I haven't combed through them all just yet. I'm less than thrilled about getting these 1099s. I think it is more that they were totally unexpected. When I get a high AF credit card, I know what I'm getting into before I apply and have made a cost analysis decision on keeping it beyond the bonus once the anniversary date rolls around. In the grand scheme of things, whatever points I got from support links will have a "value" that far exceeds what Chase or Amex will place on them due to my redemption style. That is the thought that helps me simmer down. I guess I have to shift my mindset towards on the 1099s the way I view high AFs. Does the value outweigh the fee I have to pay? The answer for me here is yes.

Trying to figure out if I should play a wait and see approach or if I have to deal with actually calling someone about my SW Biz Bonus. I hit my $3000MS on January 2. But my statement date was Jan. 3, so too close to appear on that statement. Lesson learned and had to wait till February 3 to book my flights. Well my points still aren’t showing with Southwest! I can see them on my chase statement but can’t on SW? Do I have to wait till March 3 for some reason. The bill comes due on the 28th of every month. Should that be when they post, and if so will that be Feb 28? I would have thought if that was the case they would have posted Jan 28? I’m hoping I make sense to you all so that I can avoid a phone call! Lol

I’d wait a few days to see if they show up in your RR account...mine have taken 1-4 days after each statement

If you can’t find the points on your statements...I’d definitely contact Chase about it

Is there a difference or just preference?
I started with Turbo Tax many years ago and just stuck with it because it carries my information forward from year to year. I don't know if there is a difference between the two.

It's been buried a little bit in a couple of daily discussion threads on r/churning, but there are now two reports of users with a total BoA shutdown after a periodic review. It's early, but the pattern seems to be those who have BoA biz cards who opened them with a relatively low reported biz revenue compared to total biz credit extended across all banks.

There's a couple things worth mentioning - banks are now pulling biz credit profiles. If that catches on across all banks (and no reason to think it wouldn't eventually), it's not going to be so easy to justify new biz cards anymore. Also, I don't like this trend of total shutdowns without warning, just like Chase did. But I guess I get it too.

Last night I preemptively closed my BoA Biz Cash Rewards card that I opened last year, and had met the spend and never used again. There's no reason to keep it open, and if active biz cards are a trigger for a BoA review, then I might as well close it. I'm interested to see how many more of these pop up.

I just signed my dog up for a business account, and just moments after creating his account I realized I put in his real birthday. He's 5 years old. I wonder what the chances are of getting business mailers for a 5 year old?

LOL! I put my dog's birthday, but I did age him up to 18 haha. He would also be 5 otherwise.

DoC is reporting that some Chase 1099's reported the $5 paperless credit as $500! I think that would explain the numbers on mine.

OMG! That's ridiculous... It's funny, I actually got the $5 paperless credit on DH's checking account, but they didn't include that on the 1099 for his $300 bonus.

CIP clicks “should” be worth $200 each - you said you’re off by $100...is they maybe the reason?

What is the lowest CL Chase will let you lower a CIP to? I do not need the CL I was extended and would like to cut it by at least half in preparation for a CIC around April/May.

While far from the most exciting stadium in the SEC, Ole Miss is like no other place in the country. Tailgating in the South is unreal anyway, but The Grove is tailgating to the 10th power! You are about to experience a taste of the true South.

With the game being on 9/21, likely to get a healthy dose of Southern weather as well, but it will likely be a night game. Those are spectacular in the SEC, but tough on visiting fans. Enjoy the trip,

I agree - our middle DD goes to Ole Miss and I love visiting her! We've gone to football, basketball and baseball games and love all 3, but I'd never seen anything like the tailgating in the Grove before we experienced it! We're from Illinois and I never really figured out how Ole Miss got on her radar as far as schools to attend, but I'm glad it did - we will miss it when she graduates!

Still nothing in Informed Delivery...

Also, still haven't heard back from Chase after a week about my AT&T credit. They were supposed to escalate my request and I still haven't received the credit or a response from whoever it was sent to, so I just sent another message. Give me $40- my January YNAB budget looks out of whack without it there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter