I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log into and use Plastiq in incognito. That should give you the vanilla Masterpass option.

If I’m not in incognito, Plastiq does something similar and only gives me the option to log into Masterpass using Citi Pay. Then I can’t access the MCGCs that are stored under my generic Masterpass account.

I’ve liquidated $1,400 of the MCGCs from Staples through Plastiq so far. It’s a pain activating each of them, registering them to your personal info, adding them to Masterpass, then adding them to Plastiq. But the card numbers are similar, so copy and paste helps, and you develop a rhythm. I had trouble activating one card, and I’m currently locked out for 24 hours.

Relatedly, I took @SBWB48 ‘s suggestion and tried to add a Vanilla-branded VGC (bought at Walgreens using CF 5x) to Masterpass, then add the VGC via Masterpass to pay a bill through Plastiq, but got declined. It may work for Metabank VGCs (often found at grocery stores), but apparently not for Vanillas.
My vanilla visa via masterpass got denied too

Leaving in a little more than 48 hours. 3 nights WDW, 7 day RCL carribean cruise, 3 nights universal tix and staying onsite at RPR. About 2K oop rest covered with churning and tips learned in here!!! SO grateful for everyone here and this hobby!!
Have a fantastic trip and nice work! I'm planning a similar trip next summer--WDW, DCL, UO (hopefully staying at RPR).

So the prepaidgiftbalance site is pretty sensitive to repeated registrations or attempts at registration. At some point (I was able to register 9 cards successfully the other day), it’ll start giving you an error in red text when you try to register a new card. Basically it’s blocking you because it thinks you may be a bot or something. I just switch my VPN when that happens. If you don’t have a VPN, then maybe you could reset your internet connection, or try again tomorrow. Or you can call in to the 888 number to have a live csr help you register the card.
Ahh. I'll try a few at home tonight and maybe again tomorrow, or call. That makes sense.

Log into and use Plastiq in incognito. That should give you the vanilla Masterpass option.

If I’m not in incognito, Plastiq does something similar and only gives me the option to log into Masterpass using Citi Pay. Then I can’t access the MCGCs that are stored under my generic Masterpass account.

I’ve liquidated $1,400 of the MCGCs from Staples through Plastiq so far. It’s a pain activating each of them, registering them to your personal info, adding them to Masterpass, then adding them to Plastiq. But the card numbers are similar, so copy and paste helps, and you develop a rhythm. I had trouble activating one card, and I’m currently locked out for 24 hours.

Relatedly, I took @SBWB48 ‘s suggestion and tried to add a Vanilla-branded VGC (bought at Walgreens using CF 5x) to Masterpass, then add the VGC via Masterpass to pay a bill through Plastiq, but got declined. It may work for Metabank VGCs (often found at grocery stores), but apparently not for Vanillas.

My vanilla visa via masterpass got denied too

Oddly, 1/3 of my vanillas worked. The other 2 were also denied. I haven’t been able to figure out why and likely won’t waste any more time finding the reason. Fluke perhaps?

I have a meta that I will try to load to MP this evening. Fingers crossed!

I was going to suggest the Amex plat as well. Check through cardmatch to see if you are targeted for the 100k offer. That really helps offset the AF...it also comes with a $200 airline credit each year (I know you guys drive a lot but maybe for another trip, that could help???) and it has a few other credits that are nice but not really something I'd use if it wasn't free so I don't factor those into offsetting the AF (uber, Saks). We did use the PP on this card combined with my dh's PP from his CSR to get us all into a lounge.

We also got my dh TSA precheck with his CSR and me (and both our teens) precheck with the Plat. You can add AU'ers to the plat as 'Gold' users for free and then they can get precheck for free as well. I added my mom and stepdad for that benefit for them.

What a great deal! Did not know about that. I've been "collecting" TSA/Global credits, lol. 3 down 1 to go (CSR, CapOne Venture, AmEx Plat). Will be complete once I get the Lux. Then will get Global Entry for the whole fam in one fell swoop.

wow, any cash bonus is taxable from chase...

ppl with SW card, is the 6k annual points taxable too?

We got out of the Seattle snow and made it to WDW! Plane was delayed three hours so we ended up missing our Chef Mickey's traditional first breakfast. Napping now and heading out to Epcot tonight.

Just out of curiosity, do you just eat the $10/person charge for no-shows with Disney in this case? Didn't know if there was any way to get out of that.

wow, any cash bonus is taxable from chase...

ppl with SW card, is the 6k annual points taxable too?

Makes you wonder if those Citi AA auto-matches will become taxable as well. It depends on if Citi classifies those extra 20k AA points as part of the sign-up bonus (and as such a rebate), or some kind of goodwill adjustment/bonus, I guess.

What a great deal! Did not know about that. I've been "collecting" TSA/Global credits, lol. 3 down 1 to go (CSR, CapOne Venture, AmEx Plat). Will be complete once I get the Lux. Then will get Global Entry for the whole fam in one fell swoop.
Yes, nice benefit! Just add the AU'ers as a gold card user and not as a plat user. It's free! They don't get many benefits but they do get the TSA/GE credit.

Makes you wonder if those Citi AA auto-matches will become taxable as well. It depends on if Citi classifies those extra 20k AA points as part of the sign-up bonus (and as such a rebate), or some kind of goodwill adjustment/bonus, I guess.

i would think thats part of MSR bonus though... basically if u dont meet your spendings, u wont get it.

saw this morning someone who gets like 1% back from their mortgages due to some promo got taxed for that.
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/and2az/discussion_thread_february_05_2019/eft7m6y/

Nice!! The cost of DCL was literally 4x the RCCL ship. I would have loved to have done disney but I could t justify the price!
I hear you. We do onboard booking, pay with gift cards, transfer reservation to costco to make is somewhat affordable. But I've wanted to try out RCCL--I think my teens would really like it.

Yes, nice benefit! Just add the AU'ers as a gold card user and not as a plat user. It's free! They don't get many benefits but they do get the TSA/GE credit.
Wait--if I get a platinum card and add on of my kids as an AU with a gold card I can pay for one GE on my card and one on the AU's gold card and both will be covered? If so I need to expedite my plan for a platinum card.

Oddly, 1/3 of my vanillas worked. The other 2 were also denied. I haven’t been able to figure out why and likely won’t waste any more time finding the reason. Fluke perhaps?

I have a meta that I will try to load to MP this evening. Fingers crossed!

have u guys considered dropping your gift cards via serve?

Just out of curiosity, do you just eat the $10/person charge for no-shows with Disney in this case? Didn't know if there was any way to get out of that.

Curious about this too, and was about to ask when I saw you asked :)

I haven’t done this but I have heard of people modifying their same day reservation for a later date and then canceling to get out of the fee. I feel like that’s wrong to do, but if my flight was delayed and I was going to miss my reservation I would do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter