I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm. this is strange-
#1- Dh SWA biz card Af is due- no anniversary points in his acct tho. I've been waiting for a few weeks ...nothing. I'm going to have him call and cancel this weekend anyway. Is this something new,no points till after AF is paid?
#2- why is my rakuten schedule different from all of yours? I got a pp rebate 2 weeks ago...
Anniversary points post independently of the Annual Fee being charged. Your anniversary points will post on the first statement close following the anniversary date. The annual fee will be charged on the 1st of the month following the anniversary date.

What day did his last statement close (not the pmt due date, the stmt closing date)?

DD really wants to visit Anne Frank's secret room,

We did the Anne Frank House and Museum when we were in Amsterdam a couple of Christmases ago-it was very moving and well done, as well as popular so I would definitely read up on how to obtain tickets.

Nothing planned vacation wise for 2021 but we both plan on being retired!

Us, too, likely why I haven't started on 2021 plans 🤣

TGIF question:
Do you have travel plans in 2020? If so, to where?

What about farther out-2021 and beyond?

For me:

Feb/Mar-Viking Australia/NZ cruise

July-Scotland, Slovenia and Croatia bday trip

August-DH's Baltic cruise bday trip

Oct-quick Bahamas cruise for DM bday (also her grand slam cruise)

Sadly, nothing planned yet for 2021 or beyond-I suspect we might book another Viking (ocean) cruise in Feb if we enjoy our experience.
I thought we had agreed that you were letting me tag along on all your trips, so I haven't planned anything else. :rotfl:

Fun to hear what everyone else has planned!

We have our Austria/Portugal trip in April, a fam wedding in CA in the summer and that's all I've got on the books so far.

TGIF question:

For me:

Sadly, nothing planned yet for 2021 or beyond-I suspect we might book another Viking (ocean) cruise in Feb if we enjoy our experience.

Oh, this is fun!!

Early Jan: 4 nights in Orlando split between Hyatt Grand Cypress (Hyatt points) . Paid cash (ahhh!!) for Spirit flights.

End of March/April: DVC Hilton Head (DVC points) with the last night booked on cash through Orbitz since point cost was super high for a Friday night. Flights paid for with URs.

July: RCCL Allure Western Med cruise (cash again!) out of Barcelona. Flights to BCN using miles. 3 night hotel pre cruise TBD. Then up to London). Staying a night at The Landmark (URs). Then Roadtrip to meet friends near Leicester then continue on to Edinburgh and Glasgow. Flights home on United miles transferred from Chase. Hoping to use our weekend Hilton certs and points for many of the hotels.

Potential Oct: 5 night Canadian cruise on DCL out of NYC.

Last edited:
Way to crush everything I loved about DTD and dislike about DS... 🤣 As a person who has been going to DTD/DS occasionally on trips for 12 years Disney Springs is a major letdown and I just don't go there anymore (but that's just my opinion). :P😂 (I just was having fun rephrasing your comment in jest - no churners were harmed in the making of this joke)

I will continue to cling to my nostalgia and dislike the overpriced "non-Disney" shopping stores that appear to be targeted at capturing foreign $$. Good news though, we don't all have to agree.

Haha I honestly don't mind people not liking it. Less people there makes for a more enjoyable experience for me! Can I get you to spread the bad word? Maybe expand those feelings to the Parks 🤣

Anniversary points post independently of the Annual Fee being charged. Your anniversary points will post on the first statement close following the anniversary date. The annual fee will be charged on the 1st of the month following the anniversary date.

What day did his last statement close (not the pmt due date, the stmt closing date)?
10/25..... sooo looks like bad timing, if AF is due 11/22,then it won't close till after that,ao no anniversary points if we close to avoid the AF?

Oh, this is fun!!

Early Jan: 4 nights in Orlando split between Hyatt Grand Cypress (Hyatt points) and one night club level at Portofino plus 2 day tickets to Universal (all on AA points). Paid cash (ahhh!!) for Spirit flights.

End of March/April: DVC Hilton Head (DVC points) with the last night booked on cash through Orbitz since point cost was super high for a Friday night. Flights paid for with URs.

July: RCCL Allure Western Med cruise (cash again!) out of Barcelona. Flights to BCN using AA miles. 3 night hotel pre cruise TBD. Then up to London (flights on AA miles). Staying a night at The Landmark (URs). Then Roadtrip to meet friends near Leicester then continue on to Edinburgh and Glasgow. Flights home on United miles transferred from Chase. Hoping to use our weekend Hilton certs and points for many of the hotels.

I can't make any plans beyond spring break at the moment:sad: DH won't discuss anything so in my head,I've got some ideas that I'm hoping to bring to life soon,but we shall see what he agrees to. Usually he goes along with whatever but his work gives him 10 days PTO,and contemplating anything more has him stressed right now.

Staying a night at The Landmark (URs). Then Roadtrip to meet friends near Leicester then continue on to Edinburgh and Glasgow
If you have any questions about The Landmark, I was there recently so might be able to answer 🤣 I think we'll miss each other in Edinburgh but I'll try to leave it standing after my Big 5-0 celebration!

I looked at that cruise too but DM really really enjoys Castaway and since it's her big 7-0 figured I'd let her choose.

If you have any questions about The Landmark, I was there recently so might be able to answer 🤣 I think we'll miss each other in Edinburgh but I'll try to leave it standing after my Big 5-0 celebration!

I looked at that cruise too but DM really really enjoys Castaway and since it's her big 7-0 figured I'd let her choose.

Thanks!! I think it was your mention that made me look into it. You stayed during an ABD? I got a decent price on URs so figured what the heck, let's try it.

Oh if only I wasn't planned out for the next year I'd jump on a Prague trip. It is such a beautiful city and I would love to return for a longer trip.

Congrats on the approval. Hilton is currently running a 100% bonus on purchased points with a minimum of 10k points purchased in one transaction at .5 cpp. They increased the cap you could purchase, now up to 160,000 HH points. So, you could get 320,000 Hilton points for $1600. Personally, I'd only jump on this for something like a trip to the Maldives or Bora Bora in an overwater bunglaow because those often run upwards of $1,000. I'd pair it with our free night certs from the Aspire and 5th night free on points. The Waldorf Astoria in the Maldives is 120k HH per night and the room is over $2600 per night. I wouldn't have a problem topping off an account with an extra 320k at $1600 for a $18,260 seven night stay with the 5th night free and 2 free night certs. The Conrad Bora Bora is 80k per night so the promo would get you 5 nights on points alone.

URs do transfer to Marriott. I have often found that paying with URs through the CSR UR portal is less points than a direct transfer with some hotels. For example, I picked a random Prague Marriott date and the hotel was 35k points per night or $342. I'll keep this in mind for one of the free night certs down the line. Using the CSR UR travel portal one could pay for the hotel with 22, 800 UR points per night instead of transferring 35k points per night to Marriott. Even when you factor in 5th night free it would be 140k UR points transferred to Marriott vs 114k points using CSR UR portal.
Thanks for the tips. The Marriot courtyard I booked the last week of August is only 19k points per night. I have 10 months to come up with the points. It should be easy. My plan is a CIP in February and then I'll go from there. I also rack up MR's pretty quickly on my Gold and BBP, but I'm sure I want to use those for Marriott. In June I may get another Marriott card use the SUB and then cancel it in a year. I love Marriot because you can book a room on points advance. It relieves a lot of pressure.

I agree with you on that Hilton bonus depending on the city you could get a lot of value out of it.

I'm pretty depleted on points right now. I burn through them pretty quickly. One of my coworkers was showing me her PTO bank yesterday. She's so impressed with herself for having over 300 hours and I'm thinking why am I supposed to be impressed that you never take a vacation?

Thanks!! I think it was your mention that made me look into it. You stayed during an ABD? I got a decent price on URs so figured what the heck, let's try it.

It is SO convenient if you're using the Tube-the station is literally across the street (it also has a small Tesco's for emergency diet cokes). The rooms are large and there's a pool in the basement as well. It's a good choice for a family, which I believe is why ABD uses it. I'm excited for you!

TGIF question:

For me:

wow! Nice year!

for 2020:
- Jan: girls trip to Belize for a week
- May: Brazil-Argentina-Uruguay for 2.5 weeks
- Jun: Lake Tahoe for a long weekend
- July: TBD (get the week of the 4th off)
- Oct: fall color drive through New York up to Toronto (culminating in a cousin’s wedding!)
- Dec: WDW for 1.5 weeks

2021:
- springtime Europe trip
- Oct: WDW for the 50th

Still looking to fill the spring gap, but also waiting on word from a friend who will be getting married in Uganda. Would like to attend the wedding but no dates are planned yet.

TGIF question:

For me:

I love all your plans!!! 2020 is going to be an amazing travel year for you!

All we have planned is another N. European DCL cruise for 2020, plus time before and after in Copenhagen and Paris. It's all booked and we used points for the flights and hotels. Other than that, I don't have plans, but we may end up with a smaller (domestic) trip as well. DH gets stressed (and so do I) when we are planning more than one trip at a time.

I’m amazed at how many places some of you are going in one year! We have basically no plans but we’ll be busy anyway.

April-Not vacation but our baby will be born!
July-Iowa to visit family

Summer-Either Norway or the British isles. We haven’t come to a decision just yet

That’s literally all we have lol

TGIF question:

2020 Plans:
February- Orlando/Tampa trip. One night in Clearwater and then going to BG for the day, then four nights in Orlando with a day at Universal and a day at HS.
June- Japan! Four nights in Tokyo, 2 nights in Osaka, and 3 nights at Tokyo Disney.
December- Hopefully Hawaii. Right now thinking a Kauai/Oahu split, but TBD based on award availability/flights.

2021 Plans:
I know we'll go to WDW for the 50th anniversary at some point but no concrete plans yet!

2020 and 2021 travel plans so far:

2020:
--WDW in January for Marathon Weekend with @CaliforniaGirl09 (and her DH and DD) [DVC points for Bay Lake Tower; URs for United flights to and from Orlando]
--Maui for Spring Break in March [SW CP for DS's flights]
--flying straight from Maui to Glasgow with DD to attend Offer Holder Days at University of Glasgow and University of Edinburgh [AA miles used for BA Business Class flights to, and United miles used for Lufthansa Business Class flights from; Hilton points used for hotel in Glasglow]
--Family trip to Japan in June/July with Thomson Family Adventures [MR points transferred to Qantas for JAL First Class flights to/from for DH and me and Business Class flights to/from for DD and DS; United miles used for ANA flight from Osaka to Tokyo ; Delta miles used for First Class flights from LAX to BOI; Hilton points used for Hilton Tokyo Bay for pre-nights at Tokyo Disneyland Resort]
--Taking DD to school at either Glasgow or Edinburgh in September
--possible short hiking trip with @CaliforniaGirl09 in late 2020 unless she ditches me for Everest Base Camp!!!! :-)))

2021:
--hiking the West Highland Way in Scotland with @CaliforniaGirl09 in May and using the opportunity to visit DD at university pre- and/or post-trip
--family trip to be named later
--trips to Scotland to bring DD home from university for the summer and to bring her back in September

TGIF question:

For me:

Fun!

2020:
March - Weekend trip to Ventana Inn in Big Sur (points)

June - Alaska cruise on RCCL Ovation (cash) and a week in central Oregon on timeshare exchange. 2 nights pre-cruise in Seattle. Will try to use our two 35k Bonvoy certs when we get them. Taking my parents, so will need to use more Bonvoy points for another room.

November - WDW. Hope to use our Delta vouchers from the double points deal for Disney hotels. Flights will be on points. Alaska has SFO-MCO direct, so hopefully I can do it with Avios. Thank you to all who posted about that! Stocking up on Disney gift cards now with all the deals.

2021:
June - Eastern Med and Greek Islands cruise on NCL Getaway (cash). Will add in pre and post cruise stays in Venice and Rome. Flights will be points (not sure how yet). Plan to do vacation rentals and some activities with URs.

December or June 2022 - kids have been asking to go back to Japan.

Will probably go to DLR sometime after Marvel Land opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter