I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about how to go about mixing in a Barclay biz app with Chase biz apps.

In 2020 I’m primarily going to be focusing on building a stash of UR’s. Very responsibly of course 😉! However, I need to at some point throw in a Barclay Hawaiian Biz app. Barclay already did one hard pull on me in September. Will they do another? Will having possibly a 2nd hard pull effect my ability to app for Chase biz cards? Basically should I app Barclay before or after my 1st Chase biz app?

And as always, thank you ☺

Currently
9/19- Barclay Aviator Red
10/19- Citi AA Biz
11/19-Amex Platinum

ETA: Is there any reason I should not app for a CIP in late December? Would be first Chase app in many years.

Last edited:
Off topic question.

At work we adopt foster children for operation good cheer and purchase items from their Christmas wishlist. The child I picked is an 8 yo girl and one of the presents she's asked for is a Baby Alive with accessories. I looked around and it appears there is the basic doll you feed and she poops/pees in her diaper. They also have electronic versions that move and make sounds. I'm guessing at 8 she'd want the one that interacts? Any advice on which version or set?
Amazon has the Baby Alive at buy one get one 50% off. It’s one of their Black Friday deals so you might have to poke around to find all the toys that are included in the promo. I see that the doll was originally $50’so I think it’s the interactive one? It’s $38 now plus 50 off something else.

We are getting a WinCo Foods, is that a good churner grocery store? We don’t have any grocery stores where I can buy VGC/MCGC here in Tulsa, OK.

I have a question about how to go about mixing in a Barclay biz app with Chase biz apps.

In 2020 I’m primarily going to be focusing on building a stash of UR’s. Very responsibly of course 😉! However, I need to at some point throw in a Barclay Hawaiian Biz app. Barclay already did one hard pull on me in September. Will they do another? Will having possibly a 2nd hard pull effect my ability to app for Chase biz cards? Basically should I app Barclay before or after my 1st Chase biz app?

And as always, thank you ☺

Currently
9/19- Barclay Aviator Red
10/19- Citi AA Biz
11/19-Amex Platinum

ETA: Is there any reason I should not app for a CIP in late December? Would be first Chase app in many years.
Barclay will do another HP, Chase will see the HP when you apply for the Hawaiian Biz but it doesn’t matter what order you apply. good luck!

Amazon has the Baby Alive at buy one get one 50% off. It’s one of their Black Friday deals so you might have to poke around to find all the toys that are included in the promo. I see that the doll was originally $50’so I think it’s the interactive one? It’s $38 now plus 50 off something else.

Thank you, that's exactly what I ended up going with.

DH used his CIC for a few GCs today at Staples (loving the CIC BTW). He's still in the MSR stage. Does Chase care?

For us, right now it's the 10x rewards at Acme/Albertsons/etc combined with the Amex Gold 4x. And the much-more-regional, spend $100 on gc, get $20 off your next order at ShopRite combined with the Gold 4x.
Hmm we don’t have any of that. We decided to just use our CIC.

We’re watching Klaus on Netflix and omg is it good! We both agreed this is such a good movie, way better than Frozen 2.

Ooh! Good to know. I saw it there, and was waiting to hear if it was worth watching. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thank you! I don't think the child has a ton of input when filling out the wishlists and things seem pretty generic. No limit although I like to try to get them everything on their list so deals are always a good thing. She didn't really have any big items like electronics so I think I'll get the interactive one, a play kitchen to go along with it (also on her list), some requested clothing, tea set, Barbie styling head, and toy microphone (assuming like karaoke). It's my favorite Christmas shopping all year knowing that it will help to make Christmas special for a kid that isn't living in the best situation at the moment. I try to pick a child near DD's age so she can help pick things out and also have her buy an item to send along as well.
I do the exact same thing! My department at work always adopts a family or two and I have my kids help buy the gifts. Unfortunately the gift thing overlapped with me switching jobs. I will find out Monday if my new department does something similar. My boss-to-be gave me a heads up that this big annual department meeting and happy hour is the day I start and she sent me the invite, which includes a note to bring hats and gloves for kids, so I did get those to bring.

You only need 1 past cruiser in the cabin to get the rate. Thought I’d mention that in case you’re traveling with other people who have sailed NCL before.

Do you already know you’re doing cruise line excursions at 4 ports? My parents’ cabin had the port credit last cruise, but didn’t end up using it at all.
Thanks for this - my friend called the travel agent and saved $ on both our rooms. I have to go back and look at our original receipt, but I think it was $300-$400.

I will! I started watching The Office because of all the recommendations here and I'm enjoying it. DH won't watch it, so it'll take a while for me to get through it all. I think the last thing he wants to think about at home is work.
I had friends in high school that said to watch the office and I couldn’t get into it. I watched parks and rec first and the office was a lot more bearable after that. Dh cringes the whole time we watch it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter