I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing some research for a future vacation with my family of 5, 2 adults 3 kids. I'm looking into the Hyatt Ziva hotels. It seems I am only able to get points availability when searching for 2 people in a room. As soon as I look at 3 or more, all Hyatt award availability disappers.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to call to make a reservation with more than 2 in a room?

I think I managed to do it, but I haven't stayed there yet, so I can't say with certainty. I booked a Park Hyatt room, and the only rooms available on points were the smaller ones for only 2 people. I needed a room for 3, so I contacted someone at the actual PH abroad and asked I could upgrade to a larger room that would accommodate 3 people. I have to pay the difference, but I now have a reservation for that larger room and an assurance that it will accommodate 3. I hope this helps.

They had some of the variable $20-$200 ones when I went last night so I got those. One of the OMs on Midlothian by the mall was cleaned out when I went the other day though. There must not be any MSers out by me though because mine always has plenty.
I didn't know the variable loads would work. Those were still there.

Yesterday I posted that I called for a retention offer on my Amex Platinum and was offered 20K for $3000 spend. My initial thoughts were that I would cancel but now I am having second thoughts as I would like to get more Amex in the future. The Platinum was my first Amex (got it last Nov), since then I also got a the Bonvoy Biz (was SPG when I got it-right before that changed) and a Hilton Biz. Yesterday I applied and was approved for the Blue Business plus so I had a place for my MR's and it sounds like this is just a good card to have with the no annual fee.

I was able to use the Uber credit a couple months -really only when we travel. Our flights usually connect in Chicago so no lounge access there. Of course the airline fee is harder to use now.
Not sure if I should just suck it up and keep it another year for the 20K or PC to the Amex green and miss out on the bonus points for that or cancel and roll the dice that I won't tick Amex off?

The only Amex my P2 has is a Hilton Biz- tried to apply for Aspire and got the pop up. He has had the Biz since Aug and has put significant spend on it -got the free weekend night for $15K spend so a little perplexed about that!

The green has a $150 AF, comes with $100 credit for Clear and $100 for Lounge Buddy. If you added up the things you can use, would green or plat come out ahead? Do you have Uber Eats in your area? They have pick-up now. That's what I use my credit for when we're not traveling. If you do decide to downgrade to the green, you should apply for one first and get the bonus (would take up a 5/24 spot though). Then do the downgrade.

Very disappointing to get the pop up after all that spend! Really goes to show how unpredictable the pop up is. :(

highly recommend it if not on the dining plan. I’m not seeing the 12 scoop one the menu online so idk if they got rid of it but I see the 6 scoop is $9.99 which isn’t that bad for Ample Hills a small is $6.99. You could always get the 2 six scoops.
The 12 scoop was still there on Saturday when we were down so it's either a very recent change or they haven't updated their site.
Adding to my list. Don’t even have a WDW vacation planned.

Quick question. I have a Sling offer for $10 off 25. Has anyone made this work with multiple payments in one month? I only have 12 days left on the offer...

Quick question. I have a Sling offer for $10 off 25. Has anyone made this work with multiple payments in one month? I only have 12 days left on the offer...
I have the same offer. I used it 3x on my card and have one more payment before it expires that I can use on my dh's card. I've not found a way to prepay. My December payment will process in about a week so I'm gonna try to go ahead and pay Jan but I'm not thinking it's going to work based on what I've seen in their system.

OMAAT (Ben "Lucky" Schlappig) admitted he doesn't know all the facts, and is going based off his (mis)understanding of the situation. If he doesn't know what's going on, he should have kept his mouth shut instead of taking a side and coming off like a mouthpiece for the airline. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the shutdowns other than multiple AA SUBs. Maybe AA has figured out some perimeters by now, maybe not. While some people were indeed signing up their pets and potted plants for AA accounts to generate targeted mailers, others were just using mailers with no nontransferability or timing restriction language from actual family and friends who didn't plan to use them, and others were only signing up for publicly available offers.

While I generally like OMAAT, the whole piece is incredulous coming from Lucky. This is a guy who cut his teeth in the miles game exploiting United to the point his MileagePlus account was permanently suspended.

Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free - Rolling Stone
ahh, TIL didn't know that good to know and that explains why he never flies united didn't know that!

I have the same offer. I used it 3x on my card and have one more payment before it expires that I can use on my dh's card. I've not found a way to prepay. My December payment will process in about a week so I'm gonna try to go ahead and pay Jan but I'm not thinking it's going to work based on what I've seen in their system.
Interesting because one of the offers from Sling is to prepay and get a FireStick or Google Home hub. 0A7438A9-5B26-4A44-B1AE-EC0515CE5CF0.png

ETA. This would be a new account for me. I think I’ll sign up and see how we like it. Current offer is for $25 per month for orange and blue, so $10 off means trying it for $15. @wendow which package do you have?

I know the DR doesn’t get a lot of love, but how can you beat 84 beautiful tropical degrees, palm trees, gorgeous Caribbean water and 6 all-inclusive nights for 3 for under a $1000? Sometimes it’s worth it to spend $$$. So glad we decided to come back!

Attachments

• 0441A8A0-5238-4B56-A0C0-700E21185342.jpeg
    0441A8A0-5238-4B56-A0C0-700E21185342.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 28
  • E8AEA67F-A63D-4CA2-BEDD-D59213EFF19C.jpeg
    E8AEA67F-A63D-4CA2-BEDD-D59213EFF19C.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 9C13B4E3-973F-40E3-A097-619EBACF617D.jpeg
    9C13B4E3-973F-40E3-A097-619EBACF617D.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 29
  • BC426FB7-892F-4144-9940-B50D5E56B17E.jpeg
    BC426FB7-892F-4144-9940-B50D5E56B17E.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I know the DR doesn’t get a lot of love, but how can you beat 84 beautiful tropical degrees, palm trees, gorgeous Caribbean water and 6 all-inclusive nights for 3 for under a $1000? Sometimes it’s worth it to spend $$$. So glad we decided to come back!
Love the DR!

So after all that, I had to cancel all of those flights, and just book myself out for tomorrow. Cost as many points for just me, as for the 4 of us with 2CPs, and now I have to go alone (can't rearrange plans for the rest of the family, dog sitter etc), but at least it's not costing me out of pocket.
To say I am stressed today, is an understatement.

I am so so sorry-safe travels and hoping things go as well as they can in this situation!:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter