I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a trip for 4 nights in November and I feel so good!!! I have been feeling a bit down since coming back from our trip last month. My DH said he wanted a break from Disney. :oops: So I cancelled our next trip which was supposed to be this March. He said he wanted to wait until next March to go back. But, I decided to book a long weekend in November now because if I don't do it now I will have a hard time or possibly not even be able to get to book where I want (DVC). I can always cancel it if I can't convince him. But, at least I have a great room booked if we do go! During our discussions we decided that we would like to try staying in a one bedroom instead of a studio for a variety of reasons. So, this way we will have a shorter trip (last one was too long for DH) and a bigger room. Win-win!
I think it will be a world of difference for him (and you). It truly is a home away from home. I always stay in a 1 bedroom even on the rare occasions it's just me.

Yeah - I tried to show it to some other folks not from Pittsburgh and uhhh...it falls flat, LOL! Although @wendow seemed to enjoy it LOL! She's a closet Steelers fan though (I think!)
I think that about the Bear's Super Fan clip when they are baptizing Payton Manning as a Bear's fan. lmao just thinking about it but probably not all that funny if your not steeped in the fandom.

I think it will be a world of difference for him (and you). It truly is a home away from home. I always stay in a 1 bedroom even on the rare occasions it's just me.
Thanks so much, I think so too! In the meantime, since I have been thinking about vacations a lot, I decided to book a trip in March too because I just don’t think I am going to be able to wait all the way until November to go. I booked 4 nights in a one bedroom at SSR and am going to have 2 of our kids go with us too during their spring break. It might be a little tight for 4 of us, but we have done it before and there were no 2 bedrooms available. It was literally the only DVC choice open for the whole 4 days. I felt lucky to get something with this short notice.

Sorry to post off topic but I feel like y’all will guide me best-

Touring Plans is saying for whatever reason Sat Feb 29th will be a 9. Yikes. No where else says above a 6! Would you flip your MK day to Friday (which has EMH so idk why would it be less crowded but that was TP says) or just leave it be? We are just doing 1 day each place and I’d hate for our MK day to be slammed.

Sorry to post off topic but I feel like y’all will guide me best-

Touring Plans is saying for whatever reason Sat Feb 29th will be a 9. Yikes. No where else says above a 6! Would you flip your MK day to Friday (which has EMH so idk why would it be less crowded but that was TP says) or just leave it be? We are just doing 1 day each place and I’d hate for our MK day to be slammed.
Could TP data be skewed because of the leap year? Maybe it isn't properly recognizing 2/29?

How bad is MLK day? I completely didn't realize our quick Jan trip for the DVC Moonlight Magic is right after MLK day which means the husband is off so....
Yep, I just rebooked SW tickets to Sunday evening. I think we'll use Hilton FNs for the first 2 nights. The WA doesn't have availability, but DoubleTree does.

This will help my RotR stress because now we'll have 3 mornings available instead of 1. We'll definitely get to ride it now. This however, does not help my fastpass selections. Currently holding 2 day tix that we'll upgrade to Gold APs.

Now I need a cat-sitter I think.

Interesting because one of the offers from Sling is to prepay and get a FireStick or Google Home hub. View attachment 459578

ETA. This would be a new account for me. I think I’ll sign up and see how we like it. Current offer is for $25 per month for orange and blue, so $10 off means trying it for $15. @wendow which package do you have?
That’s a great offer! I’m not sure which color package we are on but we love Sling. We initially just signed up for ESPN through football season but we kept it after and have had it for a couple years.

A question re:booking ANA flights with Virgin Atlantic if anyone has a couple minutes...

Right now I believe there’s a 30% transfer bonus for transferring MR to VS that expires 12/28. I want to book two ANA roundtrip flights for January 2021, which means I would need 240k miles so I can book around Feb 2020. Should I speculatively take advantage of the transfer bonus for the hard-won 130k MR I have banked even though I haven’t been able to check availability or even get the two weeks of PTO approved yet? I have been saving MR specifically for this trip.

Appreciate any help! (Edit: Question #2 I answered myself with a little googling)

Replying to myself since I think my question maybe got lost in the shuffle...would y'all recommend speculatively transferring my MR stash to VS while this 30% bonus is going on? I won't be ready to book our flights for another couple of months and we haven't discussed taking 2 weeks off with our employers, although I think the requests will be approved. I know the transfers are permanent which is why it makes me nervous. Any insight is appreciated!

Replying to myself since I think my question maybe got lost in the shuffle...would y'all recommend speculatively transferring my MR stash to VS while this 30% bonus is going on? I won't be ready to book our flights for another couple of months and we haven't discussed taking 2 weeks off with our employers, although I think the requests will be approved. I know the transfers are permanent which is why it makes me nervous. Any insight is appreciated!
I would want a second avenue to use the miles. I’m know zilch about VS, can you use them for domestic/normal flights you’d take if you couldn’t do the 2 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter