I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! Plastiq will stop accepting MCGCs starting 1/1/20. (VGCs didn’t work on Plastiq already.)
MCGCs often process as debit cards on Plastiq and incur only a 1% fee, which combined with savings from store promotions and points earned on category bonuses made paying bills via this method profitable.

Hi Lain,

We would like to let you know about a change to our service that may affect you.

As of January 1, 2020, Plastiq will no longer support payments made with personal prepaid debit cards. However, payments made with business prepaid debit cards and payroll cards will continue to be accepted.

After this date, all scheduled payments made with personal prepaid cards will be declined by Plastiq. Starting January 2020, you will be unable to add a personal prepaid debit card to a Plastiq account.

From now until January 1, 2020, a limit of $7,500 in total payments will be enforced on Plastiq accounts that continue to utilize this payment method. Once this limit is reached on your account, further payments using a personal prepaid debit card will be rejected.

This change does not impact any payments made with credit or debit cards on the Discover, Mastercard, Visa, and American Express networks.

We apologize for any inconvenience that may result from this policy update. If you have any questions or need assistance with your payments, please reach out to our service team via live chat on our website or by email at service@plastiq.com.

Best,
The Plastiq Team
This is for @amalone1013 :badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

I almost was tempted to pick up MCGC at ODOM last week and use on my car loan. Glad I didn't. Though I can liquidate through Serve and FD/DG

I echo this :badpc: particularly, since I'm just a few weeks into helping the parents pay off their car loan via Plastiq...

Plastiq should start prepping the 1% promo e-mails. Usage is about to fall off a cliff.

DH and I aren't millennials but we feel the same way. The only broadcast TV we watch is the Olympics, and just a little bit of it.
Dh was doing fantasy football so he made a new Fubo account every week. I’m not sure if he’ll be doing that again next year. We tried watching tv on it and I just can’t do the commercials

And pregnant ladies...!
giphy.gif

You just got owned @Haley R!!!!

Hey y'all! Decided to do a mini TR from our recent stay at WDW. It was a short 4-night trip. We normally go for 8-11 nights so this felt so short and dh & I both agreed that we'd barely settled in when it was time to pack up and come home. This was a trip to see our dd17 perform in the CP at Epcot. It also was our first DVC stay and last trip down as a family before dd19 heads down for her DCP. Lots of emos for sure!

We typically do not go to a park on arrival or departure day but since this was such a short trip, we did both. Our plane left Denver at 6:05am (I got up at 2am) and landed at MCO at 11:30, rented our car and headed straight for MK. It wasn't raining when we parked or boarded the ferry but about half-way across the lagoon, it began steadily raining. We were only planning to be there for 4-5 hours and didn't want to dig through suitcases for ponchos so we'd left those. We got absolutely soaked but that cleared the parks nicely for a few hours until the party crowds began showing up.

DD19 stayed with a CM friend for the party. Crowds sounded like they were fairly low (party was not sold out) and she got evac'ed off Space. Highlight of the night I think!

Left there at 7 to head to AKL to check in. This is our first time at AKL. I'd never had much interest in staying there before due to how far out it feels but having a car made that no big deal. I loved AKL! We all did. What an amazing resort!! We loved seeing the animals from the windows and going to the savanna overlook during the day and night. So, so cool! We all agreed we would stay there again in a heartbeat!

AK was the next park day and we began that day with rain. Lots of rain. We got soaked again right off the bat. Thankfully, by late morning, the rain seemed to have mostly stopped. Crowds were low for us and we had a great day there.

We went to Ale & Compass for breakfast on Saturday morning. THis was the day of the CP we were there to see. Some of you may remember that I was having trouble getting reservations for a CP package so we would all have guaranteed seats. I had been able to get 4 but never could get the other 3 I needed. I had called so many times and checked online and basically given up. Well, when we checked in at the breakfast, I explained the situation to the CM. She said to talk to our server but they may be able to add 3 more CP packages for us. And sure enough, they could! Our server was amazing (Dayna) and the breakfast was so good! Such a good value too, not only for a CP package, but just for an onsite TS breakfast. Everything was really, really good!

We had a great day at Epcot and got to enjoy the CP with Gary Sinise narrating. He does an awesome job telling the story about the birth of Christ and sharing the wonderful message of Christmas. The choirs, orchestra and singers were all so lovely. We were pretty far back but I could pick my girl easily. This is an event I'd definitely love to do annually. We chatted with several people in line and most were locals who said they come every year as a part of their Christmas tradition. Very jealous of that!

Next day was MK again but this time for a full day. Weather was great! Crowds were higher than the previous Thursday but thinking the rain was responsible for that. My dd19 really wanted her grandparents to see BOG since she will be working there. I went up to the check-in podium at about 4:30 and explained what we were wanting and asked if we could just peek inside the door really fast. A coordinator came over (one my dd will be working with!) and listened and told us to hold on. She went and got a CM who is on an ICP from Japan and she said she would give us a tour! So, she took all 8 of us in and showed us each room, telling us little details about it. Then she took us to meet the Beast! We've never done dinner there so that was a first and such a nice treat.

Last day was at DHS. We'd hoped to get there early enough to get in a BG for RotR but several factors kept us from getting there as early as we needed to. I think the BG's were all filled by 7:35 and we got there at 7:45 but since we needed to leave at 1 to head to the airport, we'd have needed to be there much earlier and that just wasn't happening. So, we didn't get to ride RotR. We did get to ride MFSR with a 2-hour wait! That is crazy to me and it's hard to believe people wait longer than that. That is the first time we've ever waited that long and I don't regret it but I wouldn't do it again. DHS was so busy and it was hard to get much done there.

We left there at 1, headed to the Poly to pick up dd17 (she'd been at MK with her choir group), and then went to MCO. Our flight left on time but must have been weather issues cause we got diverted adding an hour to our already long 4-hour flight :crazy2: Got home to 17 degree temps. We were all in capris, shorts and tees lol! Seemed forever ago that we'd been in 83 degrees.

Overall, it was a great trip!!

ETA: I cannot get that one pic to go the right way to save my life!

Attachments

• IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3322.jpg
    IMG_3322.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3269.jpg
    IMG_3269.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1102.JPG
    IMG_1102.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3290.JPG
    IMG_3290.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 593828678.jpeg
    593828678.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 57
@wendow - Great pics! It sounds like a wonderful short trip, and I'm glad they were able to add a few CP packages to your reservation!
Yes, that was a huge concern for me going into all this. And sure enough, the place was basically filled from the dining package people. I'm not even sure they let in even 20 people from the SB line and that line had to have hundreds of people in it. Like I'm guessing it was easily 300+ and that was an hour before the show when we were going to line up for the dining packages. That line was already super long and tons were seated before us. If we hadn't of gotten those 3 added on, there is no way my dd and ds's would have gotten seats.

Yes, that was a huge concern for me going into all this. And sure enough, the place was basically filled from the dining package people. I'm not even sure they let in even 20 people from the SB line and that line had to have hundreds of people in it. Like I'm guessing it was easily 300+ and that was an hour before the show when we were going to line up for the dining packages. That line was already super long and tons were seated before us. If we hadn't of gotten those 3 added on, there is no way my dd and ds's would have gotten seats.
I bet it was the accent that got you the extra seats... You do have a Texas accent, right? I always read your comments with one so if not, I guess this just got weird... 🤣

I HATE FedEx so much. We never deal with them normally because we get everything from amazon and they don’t use them (thank god). We ordered a changing table from target that came with a chip in it. They said they’d send a replacement no problem with express shipping. Apparently that means nothing to FedEx. The delivery was estimated yesterday at 8 pm. It’s now 1 am and it still says delivery will be Tuesday...it’s Wednesday!!! The package stayed in one place for an entire day. It’s saying it’s in California. I’m not sure what’s going on but we leave Friday and if it’s not here by then I guess we’ll be putting a hold on our mail with them. If I order anything from target again I’ll make sure it’s not shipping with FedEx and if it is I won’t be ordering it.

Sorry for the vent but this isn’t the first item we’ve gotten issues with from target that shipped with FedEx.

ETA: I just checked and now it says no scheduled delivery date and it’s pending. What?!?!?!😡😡😡😡

I bet it was the accent that got you the extra seats... You do have a Texas accent, right? I always read your comments with one so if not, I guess this just got weird... 🤣
Kind of lol! I've lived in CO so long that I can talk without it BUT if I am in TX, with my TX family or even just thinking about TX, it comes back and it comes back thick :rotfl2: And my mom and stepdad were on this trip...so, uh, yeah...guessing the accent was there. I also pulled out the 'desperate mom' card :laughing:

Kind of lol! I've lived in CO so long that I can talk without it BUT if I am in TX, with my TX family or even just thinking about TX, it comes back and it comes back thick :rotfl2: And my mom and stepdad were on this trip...so, uh, yeah...guessing the accent was there. I also pulled out the 'desperate mom' card :laughing:
You can't say no to a nice young mom with a Texas accent... it's in the constitution or something!!!

Don't know whether to LOL or Love this...!!!
Ok well let's be real... I'm not about to define what "old" is... but you and many of our other nice young moms here are NOT that!!

Totally off topic note but I pick up on other people's accents. If I hang out with somebody for a couple of hours even I will start to talk and sound like them. It's really strange, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter