I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't care if I get a gift or not but I enjoy making those around me surprised or happy.

Yes! It actually makes me happier to see surprised reactions or the joy when they open a gift and actually like it over getting a gift myself. My family “felt bad” for me when we distribute gifts and everyone has boxes I wrapped (or wrap for my parents since I generally help them with their shopping) to open, and I only have a few envelopes (cash or gift cards) in my pile LOL!

FedEx is and has always been awful for us. Even USPS has been more reliable, so that says a lot lol.

We had one package that required a signature. Usually, carriers are required to make at least 2 attempts before they transfer it to a hold facility, or return it to the sender. Our Fedex never does that and simply drops it at the “local” facility 30 minutes away and refused to ever make a second attempt at all. UPS on the otherhand has been terrific with making at least 3-4 attempts before we get the final attempt notice.

I never ship with Fedex for a host of reasons beyond that. They’ve just also been more of a pain than UPS.
We normally never have to sign for things. We had things delivered by Fedex on Monday and they just dropped them off. That would make me mad if they just took it to a hold facility

Yes! It actually makes me happier to see surprised reactions or the joy when they open a gift and actually like it over getting a gift myself. My family “felt bad” for me when we distribute gifts and everyone has boxes I wrapped (or wrap for my parents since I generally help them with their shopping) to open, and I only have a few envelopes (cash or gift cards) in my pile LOL!
I love giving presents to my nieces and nephews. It's so fun to see how they react. I also really like giving presents to my parents.

Just booked a trip for 4 nights in November and I feel so good!!! I have been feeling a bit down since coming back from our trip last month. My DH said he wanted a break from Disney. :oops: So I cancelled our next trip which was supposed to be this March. He said he wanted to wait until next March to go back. But, I decided to book a long weekend in November now because if I don't do it now I will have a hard time or possibly not even be able to get to book where I want (DVC). I can always cancel it if I can't convince him. But, at least I have a great room booked if we do go! During our discussions we decided that we would like to try staying in a one bedroom instead of a studio for a variety of reasons. So, this way we will have a shorter trip (last one was too long for DH) and a bigger room. Win-win!

We had one package that required a signature. Usually, carriers are required to make at least 2 attempts before they transfer it to a hold facility, or return it to the sender. Our Fedex never does that and simply drops it at the “local” facility 30 minutes away and refused to ever make a second attempt at all. UPS on the otherhand has been terrific with making at least 3-4 attempts before we get the final attempt notice.

Around here they just toss it near the front of the house and put "Signature on file" for release... I have never done that, and its a brand new house so no previous owners to ever do that...

We moved down here in June and got our passes at the end of June. We went almost every month, but sometimes it was just for a day or a weekend. The only time we stayed longer was because of the hurricane that didn't come through lol. We currently have Platinum and the only reason was for the GE previews. I think the Gold pass would work better for us, but I'll have to talk to Dh and see what he thinks.

When I look at the Silver pass the blockout dates only go until August 6 and then there aren't anymore until December 18. Ah I just noticed that Silver doesn't get Photo pass pictures. That'll be a big deal because I plan to get quite a few with the baby. Even with just Dh and I we use the Photo pass photographers a lot. I guess we'll most likely renew and go for the Gold passes then.

I'm the one who hands my own camera over for the pictures but not that often. I'm not that much of a photo pass fan, but I do have a 35 mm digital and a couple of lenses. Don't carry it very often. I will bring it this trip as it can ride in the stroller, but not stay in the stroller - I know not to do that. So I didn't even note photo pass as a benefit. I've always had the benefit and do stop for photos, but don't depend on it.

Someone explain how this makes any sense.
That's what one of my packages looked like 😠
We moved down here in June and got our passes at the end of June. We went almost every month, but sometimes it was just for a day or a weekend. The only time we stayed longer was because of the hurricane that didn't come through lol. We currently have Platinum and the only reason was for the GE previews. I think the Gold pass would work better for us, but I'll have to talk to Dh and see what he thinks.

When I look at the Silver pass the blockout dates only go until August 6 and then there aren't anymore until December 18. Ah I just noticed that Silver doesn't get Photo pass pictures. That'll be a big deal because I plan to get quite a few with the baby. Even with just Dh and I we use the Photo pass photographers a lot. I guess we'll most likely renew and go for the Gold passes then.
I don't know the pricing differences or block out dates to know if it's worth it, but you could even do one gold/one silver and then use who ever is gold for photopass. :)

I'm the one who hands my own camera over for the pictures but not that often. I'm not that much of a photo pass fan, but I do have a 35 mm digital and a couple of lenses. Don't carry it very often. I will bring it this trip as it can ride in the stroller, but not stay in the stroller - I know not to do that. So I didn't even note photo pass as a benefit. I've always had the benefit and do stop for photos, but don't depend on it.
I like to meet characters so we use PP for that. I think we'll meet quite a few with the baby. We might even go to the Disney Springs studio to get some pictures done.

Just booked a trip for 4 nights in November and I feel so good!!! I have been feeling a bit down since coming back from our trip last month. My DH said he wanted a break from Disney. :oops: So I cancelled our next trip which was supposed to be this March. He said he wanted to wait until next March to go back. But, I decided to book a long weekend in November now because if I don't do it now I will have a hard time or possibly not even be able to get to book where I want (DVC). I can always cancel it if I can't convince him. But, at least I have a great room booked if we do go! During our discussions we decided that we would like to try staying in a one bedroom instead of a studio for a variety of reasons. So, this way we will have a shorter trip (last one was too long for DH) and a bigger room. Win-win!

Have you thought of flying him back earlier? That's what worked for a bit with youngest DD. Also, room size is definitely a great feature when you are not alone. My upcoming trip was scraped together and is Boardwalk view - I'd love to have a one bedroom -actually 'the' one bedroom on the corner - it's got a huge balcony, and I had this room on one trip. But points only go so far.

Hilton Head is a one bedroom for 2 nights on our drive back. Room for the girls to play and have fun with their new Disney treasures whatever they may be. March is a 2 bedroom for 5 nights.

A Florida friend always books a studio when alone, but if husband or friends or family comes, she books one bedroom for herself and him, and separate studio for family or friend. He wants to watch games, she's HGTV or laptop - need their space.

It also depends on the weather. If it's cool I like a bigger space. I came 'this' close to booking the grand villa at Hilton Head for myself and the girls - just for the fireplace! The points are actually small! I think it was less than 60 for two nights. But a 1 bedroom means we will be in the lodge, so I like that also. Plus there is a fireplace in the den.

I always wrap up a GC in a box. At least one, others I might add to a card. There's something about unwrapping that's not the same opening an envelope, even if you tear it open. Even gift bags aren't quite the same, but in a pinch wrapped in tissue paper and dropped in a bag works if it's not easily boxed. I make sure everyone has at least one box to unwrap, old or young. The visual of the pretty paper decorated with ribbon/bow/ornament whatever makes it feel special... even if they only asked for a GC.

There are some that don't feel it, mostly hubby's family where if you passed it off in the plastic bag it came in, that was wrapped, and I can understand that. But even the grumps that feel it's a waste have a different look when opening a wrapped box versus a plastic bag. Fortunately it doesn't seem to have been passed down so my craziness seems to be appreciated (or they put on a good act!).

I just tried to book a flight to Vegas using either AA or United points, and OMG! I can practically fly to Europe for that. I had one AA $100 gift certificate left over so I used that and paid cash for the remainder. How much do you guys value AA miles right now? How about United?

Question.... say I want to buy one uni ticket thru portal using csr .... so ‘price’ shown reflects csr discount.... but I need to use points plus cash to pay... is cost if ticket the same as if using all points to pay?

No, you pay the difference based on the full cash price. If a ticket costs $100 and you apply 50k URs to the cost of the ticket, the URs will be valued as $75 if you have a CSR. You will need to pay $25 cash for the balance. Hope that is helpful (and I did my math right....it’s been a while since my morning coffee)

I do the same, except if I'm not paying attention I'll do it within a few minutes. :laughing: If people don't know you they think you're mocking them... I'm not, I just adapt easily I guess! Sometimes I haven't been able to stop myself so if I am speaking with someone for a while I'll explain that I'm not mocking them if my accent changes :teeth:

I do it off tv shows and movies too. If we're bingeing a show with a particular cadence or speech patterns I play off that. Sometimes hubby knows what I've been watching ( or sometimes reading even) based on my responses. Would have been a really neat talent for the theatre... if I had any other talent to go with it :laughing:
Yeah...who am I kidding, it happens in minutes for me too, lol. I was just trying to not sound totally crazy... LOL!
Do you become a yinzer?
I hope I don't sound like a yinzer... LOL! If anybody wants to know what one sounds like though, search Pittsburgh Dad on youtube - it's hilaroius!
...rebooking my southwest flights...
🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

😉😉

I always wrap up a GC in a box. At least one, others I might add to a card. There's something about unwrapping that's not the same opening an envelope, even if you tear it open. Even gift bags aren't quite the same, but in a pinch wrapped in tissue paper and dropped in a bag works if it's not easily boxed. I make sure everyone has at least one box to unwrap, old or young. The visual of the pretty paper decorated with ribbon/bow/ornament whatever makes it feel special... even if they only asked for a GC.

YES! I’m all about wrapping :santa: the 20-25 some rolls of wrapping paper I overbuy each year tells me I may have a problem, though :rolleyes:

So I've been so busy planning that I forgot that January is my birthday month, in terms of I get the $25 credit for Levi's and Landry's restaurants, plus a bunch of other freebie meals as well. I could skip Ale and Compass and book a Rainforest Café breakfast at AK. Just a thought.

I don't hear many on here mention Terralina. Used to be Portobello, and I was quite fond of going there. Terralina has a happy hour and if my credit is good for a month as I think it is, I'll probably use it there in February.

I used to use this credit in the lounge at the other Levi restaurant - I can't think what it's name was but it was the boat. Glass of wine and a couple of appetizers and the credit plus a tip made for a nice 'alone' event. The bar tender will usually entertain you <g>.

I am doing some research for a future vacation with my family of 5, 2 adults 3 kids. I'm looking into the Hyatt Ziva hotels. It seems I am only able to get points availability when searching for 2 people in a room. As soon as I look at 3 or more, all Hyatt award availability disappers.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to call to make a reservation with more than 2 in a room?

I have a snack credit suggestion for you lol Ample Hills at BW. It’s like $7 for an ice cream so a great value and their ice cream is really the best.
Yes, it was pretty good! A snack credit will work or we will play another card which I will PM you about.
What are your favorite flavors!?! I just had "Snap, Mallow, Pop!" because I adore Rice Krispie treats 🤣

Have you thought of flying him back earlier? That's what worked for a bit with youngest DD. Also, room size is definitely a great feature when you are not alone. My upcoming trip was scraped together and is Boardwalk view - I'd love to have a one bedroom -actually 'the' one bedroom on the corner - it's got a huge balcony, and I had this room on one trip. But points only go so far.

Hilton Head is a one bedroom for 2 nights on our drive back. Room for the girls to play and have fun with their new Disney treasures whatever they may be. March is a 2 bedroom for 5 nights.

A Florida friend always books a studio when alone, but if husband or friends or family comes, she books one bedroom for herself and him, and separate studio for family or friend. He wants to watch games, she's HGTV or laptop - need their space.

It also depends on the weather. If it's cool I like a bigger space. I came 'this' close to booking the grand villa at Hilton Head for myself and the girls - just for the fireplace! The points are actually small! I think it was less than 60 for two nights. But a 1 bedroom means we will be in the lodge, so I like that also. Plus there is a fireplace in the den.
Lol, I wanted to send him back earlier last month. We were there for 9 days in a studio - too small for that long even with only 2 people. Also, it was cool, so I think you are right that is part of it. If it had been warmer we would have spent some time at the pool - this trip we didn't even go in the pool once. I know what you mean about "the one bedroom" we got it once. It was actually our first time staying at BW so we had no idea how lucky we were!!!! Since then we have only stayed in studios there. But we have had 2 bedrooms at other resorts when our kids are with us. We just usually end up at BW when it is just the 2 of us and we have a smaller contract there.

No, you pay the difference based on the full cash price. If a ticket costs $100 and you apply 50k URs to the cost of the ticket, the URs will be valued as $75 if you have a CSR. You will need to pay $25 cash for the balance. Hope that is helpful (and I did my math right....it’s been a while since my morning coffee)
Good except you have an extra zero there. 50k URs are $500 or $750 with a CSR. 5k URs are $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter