I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven’t talked about the trip I booked for DS with AA miles. I really don’t have any risk factors that make me think my acct is at risk, so decided to use all my miles on those two CBR pirate room nights. Not planning to get any more of those cards for a while at least, so might as well use them.

Now I’m trying to decide if I should be mad at myself for not getting an AP in November or not. Still coming out ahead if I don’t go any more than just this one trip! I guess I’ll wait and see what sort of tomfoolery of travel planning I get up to later in the year. Heh.
Sounds like a great way to use you miles!

I really need a break, but one of my favorite coworkers has his last day on Tuesday and he's asked me a couple times about whether I'm going to be in every day until then, so I'm going to come in to see him. My new boss starts next Thursday so definitely won't be any breaks after that.
I hear you! We just went through a huge change at work in October. It’s nice that you are going in to see your co worker. I hope things work at out well with your new boss.

I have 2 trips planned for 2020. I was hoping to go to California and Hawaii but it’s not in the cards yet. Lucky for me we have DVC so we are still going to Disney twice.
4 days in March with 2 of our kids.
5 days in November for Food & Wine Festival
I have AP vouchers I bought for my DH and myself before the last big price increase. We currently have APs that just expired last week, but I am not renewing them. My tentative plan is to activate our new APs in March, use them again in November and hopefully a third time a week earlier in March 2021! For us, 3 trips is the most I have ever gotten out of APs and usually I only get 2 trips but still find them worthwhile. I do not use them for my kids because they are only going on one of them trips.

My sister has the Show (she got it from work when it first came out). I really want the Nest Hub Max but not for $220! And now I think I need the nest doorbell thing (not that I ever answer the doorbell:)
No one ever rings our doorbell, and if they do I want to kill them (our dogs go bat bleep crazy), and I work from home and my desk looks out on the front sidewalk/steps, so I see anyone that comes up anyway LOL. But dh wanted one, so we got one. We live in a pretty darn safe area too, so not like there are a ton of crimes in our neighborhood we will catch on camera.

2020 Travel Plans

Early January- Short SOLO trip to Disneyland while DH is at a business meeting 40 miles away. We are both flying separately. I offered to fly him down there on my SW CP in exchange for an UBER ride from the meeting to DL; $60 ride vs. $150 plane ticket. His boss said no, not a business expense. Idiot. So dh won't be joining me and it turned into a very short trip.

Late Feb/early March - A few days in Phoenix and then back to DL for a couple of days.

July - Alaska to visit my parents.

September - I want to spend my birthday in DL.

December - Christmas in Alaska with my parents.

2020 travel plans
Jan-Southern Caribbean DCL cruise. Nights before and after at the Caribe Hilton on Hilton points, hope to use Aspire resort credit.

Feb-San Diego for a Medical Conference. Unfortunately not time to add in Disneyland but it will be great to get out of MN in February

March-long weekend in Vegas with Delta Reserve companion fare and free rooms from Caesars rewards (with resort fee waived from status match)

April- 3 nights at Disney for DAH and moonlight magic. Rooms booked with DVC points, airfare with Skymiles

September- 10 night Med cruise on Holland America. Flights to Rome booked with Skymiles and 2 nights at the Rome Waldorf on Hilton points.

My big goal is to get Delta Platinum status through a mix of flights, organic spend and MS...

Can we talk about our travel plans next year? I have booked so far: Miami, Las Vegas, Central Europe (that's the big one). I'm looking to see if I can get a week in Italy over Thanksgiving next year. My plan is at least one getaway (around a weekend) every month. I've got the points. I'm planning to use them all up!

So far we booked Anaheim (DL) and then off to Vegas. Then later in the year Miami and Key West. Looking forward to driving across the 7 mile bridge.

I hear you! We just went through a huge change at work in October. It’s nice that you are going in to see your co worker. I hope things work at out well with your new boss.

Thanks! I'm cautiously optimistic right now... My direct superior is changing to someone new, but she seems very nice so I'm hopeful that we get along and are mostly not in each other's hair.

Does anyone have a loungefly backpack here? Curious if you use an organizer for it or some small bags, etc?
My older daughter has two loungefly backpacks---a BB8 and the newest Eyeore---that she uses for going out and for WDW. She generally carries her pretty large hydro flask, glasses case, a small bag for makeup etc, her wallet, and a mini umbrella if needed.

:love: jealous...... this sounds great ...were you able to use points for any of these places?
Southern CA/DV/Vegas
I got a really cheap AAA rate by Joshua Tree so OOP there. I got the Cap1 Venture card this year and have 60K points. I'll probably erase and still have some left to use on Glacier accommodations.
Ranch at Death Valley was on the Chase Portal - URs
Vegas IHG off the strip using IHG points and my free night cert.
SW flights to Vegas - RR and CP

GLACIER
Staying in the park in Village Inn at Apgar, Rising Sun and Swiftcurrent. All OOP but will erase at least one night with Cap1 Venture and might have CSR TC left and use that on another night. These are on the Chase portal but showing no availability. I doubt it will ever open there but I'll keep checking just in case.
Two nights in Whitefish - using DH Marriott FNC and Marriott points. Booked prior to the peak pricing so got it for 25K points/night. Now showing as 30K/night
Delta flights to Whitefish - skymiles

ROCKY MTN NP
We'll stay in Estes Park. There are places on Chase portal so I'll probably use those. I haven't booked anything yet for that one.
When schedule opens will be SW flights to Denver RR and CP. 😪 first time back without Timberline PP

SEATTLE
Will be a work conference so flights paid by work. Not sure if I'll add on time or not since I was just there in July and not sure how the weather will be in October.

Up and at 'em for work today... ugh. By work I mean I am physically present in my office lol.
Sorry about work. Hopefully it is quiet and easy going today. I am off until the 2nd. DH and DS worked today so I am enjoying true alone time with the Christmas music playing!

I braved Walmart this morning to return 2 things and load my serve card. The return line was deceptively short. It took 15 mins to get through 1 person, UGGH. No one at the money center so serve was much quicker.

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm finally caught up here thanks to the new laptop DH gifted me. Maybe now I can actually stay caught up?!

So far our 2020 plans are:
10 days at WDW in April (BLT/BCV)
10 days in Hawaii in July (5 nights Maui/5 nights Aulani)

Hoping to add another trip, but not sure what my job situation will be at that point, so it's tough to plan!

Southern CA/DV/Vegas
I got a really cheap AAA rate by Joshua Tree so OOP there. I got the Cap1 Venture card this year and have 60K points. I'll probably erase and still have some left to use on Glacier accommodations.
Ranch at Death Valley was on the Chase Portal - URs
Vegas IHG off the strip using IHG points and my free night cert.
SW flights to Vegas - RR and CP

GLACIER
Staying in the park in Village Inn at Apgar, Rising Sun and Swiftcurrent. All OOP but will erase at least one night with Cap1 Venture and might have CSR TC left and use that on another night. These are on the Chase portal but showing no availability. I doubt it will ever open there but I'll keep checking just in case.
Two nights in Whitefish - using DH Marriott FNC and Marriott points. Booked prior to the peak pricing so got it for 25K points/night. Now showing as 30K/night
Delta flights to Whitefish - skymiles

ROCKY MTN NP
We'll stay in Estes Park. There are places on Chase portal so I'll probably use those. I haven't booked anything yet for that one.
When schedule opens will be SW flights to Denver RR and CP. 😪 first time back without Timberline PP

SEATTLE
Will be a work conference so flights paid by work. Not sure if I'll add on time or not since I was just there in July and not sure how the weather will be in October.
Nice. We’re doing Grand Canyon again and Yosemite.

Woke up this morning to an email from Barclay. I was approved for the Hawaiian Biz after mailing in my identity info. Yay for some easy Hawaiian miles. Also stunned that they actually notified me.
Also received my employee card for DH’s CIP, but he still hasn’t received his card. Hopefully it will show up today or tomorrow.

Does anyone have a loungefly backpack here? Curious if you use an organizer for it or some small bags, etc?
I do, don’t use an organizer but that is a good idea! I use mine just for myself - it’s a little small but do able because I like it so much! It has all the Disney snacks on it. I even used it last summer for awhile when I was missing Disney a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter