I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of/shopped at a store called At Home? Looks like it's decor and furniture. Saw one that's not close enough to just drop by but close enough to go to. Curious since their prices look low for stuff if the quality is any good or if it was just the christmas items I was looking at that are cheap.
Never heard of it until I saw the Chase offers.
Formerly known as Garden Ridge. I try to only shop sale stuff there, I don't go in very often, but I tend to find it a great place for seasonal and kitchen items.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with the name change. "Hey, I need to stop at At Home on the way home." Just sounds so confusing.

I there a limit on how many apple gift cards you can get? With a free target GC, I mean. So can I order 4 $100 cards and get 4 $20 target cards?
Not sure but I ordered 2 about an hour apart. One to Target redcard, one to a visa I'm working on MSR with. I'll let you know if they go through. So far so good.

Formerly known as Garden Ridge. I try to only shop sale stuff there, I don't go in very often, but I tend to find it a great place for seasonal and kitchen items.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with the name change. "Hey, I need to stop at At Home on the way home." Just sounds so confusing.

Oh...don't need to go out of my way to go there then. Though their last name wasn't much better since it was more than outdoor stuff the one time I went in one years ago.

Amex Airline Incidentals Credit: Is there a way to use the $200 Platinum and $100 Gold credits, before December 31st, without flying?

You'll find info on flyertalk of what currently works.

im currently doing 8x with Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card. another option if u want more points instead of cashback.
I'm working on MSR for Bonvoy Boundless. I don't think Chase has any bonuses but I have 5k spend and feel like I'm not meeting it very quickly. So trying to use this card more for Christmas shopping.

Anyone know of great deals for phones or bonus points on cards for phones? Thinking of switching from Sprint, have 6 lines to move. Researching but getting confused on best options!

Anyone know of great deals for phones or bonus points on cards for phones? Thinking of switching from Sprint, have 6 lines to move. Researching but getting confused on best options!

T mobile always has the best deal when it comes to phone, but service wise, its not as great at ATT or Verizon. Since your porting from Sprint, you should be able to get some good deals.

your other option is to go a deal at costco/sams club. with 6 lines, u should look into BOGOs.

First of all I'm sorry this has happened to you.

We would all like to think that we are smart and this or something similar is not going to happen to us. But the reality is that a lot of 'business' starts with a handshake or a 'friendship' and a certain degree of trust. We loan money to friends. I usually kiss this goodbye and have learned to only loan what I can afford to 'donate', lol. (learned not to keep money at work in my purse so I could honestly say I didn't have $20 on me.)

The question I'm going to ask is, is this your pilot friend? I hope not as I think a whole lot of your enjoyment of life is tied up in that relationship.

I don't have any legal advice, but I would think that since you didn't sign anything, this is still a personal deal and you could do small claims and maybe get a judgement on him in your own jurisdiction - consult an attorney or legal aid on that of course. (I do realize you have texts.) Just talking off the top of my head here, but we long ago were successful with small claims, because we kept renewing a judgement we won, and eventually the individual got to the point where they wanted to buy a house and they had to clean up their credit and judgements and we got paid our $700 after maybe 5 or 6 years.

Good luck! (real friends are hard to come by.)

No the pilot is my BF and is pissed as well. He's listened to our phone calls. I normally talk to him on speaker so there's no worries what's going on. This man honestly texted me 20+ times a day and called me 5-6 times a day. Since Saturday I've had 3 texts from him (and he's not aware that I know he's a fraud, he thinks I flew home early, instead I was with the other women finding out the truth). The BF said before that the friend is a hot mess and that I better hope the other partner was running the show. The business I have no doubt will be VERY successful. The other women who were there were all sold these false promises and have plans to leave his *** behind and soar w/o him. But the problem is of course, my $5k went to nothing now!

I was thinking small claims as well. I guess I need to look into this more.

Has anyone heard of/shopped at a store called At Home? Looks like it's decor and furniture. Saw one that's not close enough to just drop by but close enough to go to. Curious since their prices look low for stuff if the quality is any good or if it was just the christmas items I was looking at that are cheap.
Love walking around At Home. It's kinda like Home Goods but WAY bigger and soooo much stuff.

I think I'm crazy. On a whim, I just booked an Airbnb in Florida for a month. It's about a 10 hour drive (which I can usually do in a day) but I am taking my animals (a month is too long for me to leave them), so I will stop somewhere overnight. Anyone ever travel with a dog and a cat? During a pandemic? My DDs informed me that I have gone off the deep end, but I am just so stir crazy right now.
My kids both went back to remote until Mid-Dec and Jan. I've been remote...I just asked my 11yo if a week in FL would be okay for a Xmas present, LOL

T mobile always has the best deal when it comes to phone, but service wise, its not as great at ATT or Verizon. Since your porting from Sprint, you should be able to get some good deals.

your other option is to go a deal at costco/sams club. with 6 lines, u should look into BOGOs.
We recently switched from Sprint to T-Mobile. Even though they have merged it's possible to switch and save money. I think service varies by area and the T-Mobile/Sprint merger should improve their network. Honestly I have had Sprint forever because my office is in the basement of a hospital and Sprint was the only one that had service there. None of my coworkers could get calls or texts. I also had an employer discount until recently. They removed that from my bill and my monthly charges were $250 for 4 lines. I transferred everything to T-Mobile and pay $140 a month now. I haven't noticed any change in service and I can get texts and calls in my office.

There was discussion here of Amex/Amazon offers of X% off if you used MR points. I clicked through then and got a 10% off up to $10 which I used. Today, on slickdeals, I clicked through another link and got a 20% off up to $20. Tested it in a dummy cart and it works. So, click through another link and see if you qualify for another one.
Thanks! I actually got 20% off up to $20. I haven't qualified in awhile for these. Ordered an Apple gc.

If anyone here likes puzzles/riddles/problem-solving games (or knows people who do), I just have to share an app that me and my family played today. It's called Escape Team and it's available for both Apple and Android. The training module and the 1st Mission are free to do. And on Groupon today, you can buy Missions #2-#5 for a grand sum total of $2.49. It's entertaining and challenging! You just need a printer, paper, pens/pencils, scissors and maybe some tape. It's meant for 2-4 players, and each Mission has a countdown clock of 15 or 30 minutes. (You don't lose if you go over the time limit; it will just tell you that it took you longer to complete than expected.) I found it so fun I just had to share.

Anyone else pushing back travel plans for spring 2021 and beyond? I am actually feeling optimistic about the state of the world by then but for a variety of reasons decided it would just be easier to move our Japan trip from May to October. Plus, Halloween stuff at USJ and Tokyo Disney! Now I'm just waiting for Virgin Atlantic's phone lines to open up at 1 am Central so I can snag those seats in F for the date I want...

Also, anyone know how long it generally takes for points from a cancelled Hyatt and/or Hilton booking to show up again in your profile? I'd love to get all this rescheduled tonight.

Anyone else pushing back travel plans for spring 2021 and beyond? I am actually feeling optimistic about the state of the world by then but for a variety of reasons decided it would just be easier to move our Japan trip from May to October. Plus, Halloween stuff at USJ and Tokyo Disney! Now I'm just waiting for Virgin Atlantic's phone lines to open up at 1 am Central so I can snag those seats in F for the date I want...

Also, anyone know how long it generally takes for points from a cancelled Hyatt and/or Hilton booking to show up again in your profile? I'd love to get all this rescheduled tonight.
I’m not currently planning any travel in 2021, but it hasn’t stopped me from trying to accumulate ALL the points 😆 Someday travel as we once knew it will return, and when it does I’ll be ready!

it should be instant but there are sometimes glitches. I had a hyatt booking to which the hotel cancelled the reservation, i waited a couple days for points to repost but they didnt. i had to message them on twitter and DM them privately to get my points back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter