I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it not ask you to login/create an account when you completed the application? Maybe the process is different for charge cards and credit cards!?

I think it had some option, but whatever it was required me to put in the card number, which I don't have yet , so I closed the browser tab at that point. Since then, I've logged into my Amex account but there's no indication there that I have a new card coming or anything.

When I got the confirmation email, the email includes a link to set up my online account but since I don't have/know the card number yet, I was just planning to wait until I had the physical card and go from there.

I think it had some option, but whatever it was required me to put in the card number, which I don't have yet , so I closed the browser tab at that point. Since then, I've logged into my Amex account but there's no indication there that I have a new card coming or anything.

When I got the confirmation email, the email includes a link to set up my online account but since I don't have/know the card number yet, I was just planning to wait until I had the physical card and go from there.
Gotcha! My app asked if I wanted my digital temp number and I said yes so that is probably why it joined with my online account.

I was an idiot though and used a different e-mail address by accident on my app sooo I am getting Amex e-mails to two e-mail addresses and need the physical Green card before I can change the communication settings. LOL

Gotcha! My app asked if I wanted my digital temp number and I said yes so that is probably why it joined with my online account.

I was an idiot though and used a different e-mail address by accident on my app sooo I am getting Amex e-mails to two e-mail addresses and need the physical Green card before I can change the communication settings. LOL
Oopsie!

I don't recall seeing an option for the temp number... honestly the approval was a bit different from the prior ones I remember. But I had also just come home from working and all I could do was think about getting to bed, so my mind wasn't at its sharpest point of the day, either! In future I should do these apps an hour after I wake up- not 30 minutes before going to bed!

Oopsie!

I don't recall seeing an option for the temp number... honestly the approval was a bit different from the prior ones I remember. But I had also just come home from working and all I could do was think about getting to bed, so my mind wasn't at its sharpest point of the day, either! In future I should do these apps an hour after I wake up- not 30 minutes before going to bed!
I understand! I think that it why I used the wrong e-mail. I did mine at 12:30am. Not the latest I have been awake, but not really a normal time of day :rotfl:

Congrats to DH!!! Now the most important question-will his Away match yours or will he go for something more green/gray/black?:D

I am going to let him have my blue one. It is just so blue...so we will both have the full size checked but now I get to decide on a new color. 😀
I don't see any dischurners links for the 45,000 MR for this card? Does this offer still exist?
I spent way too much time playing with it today. Green to Green seems to be the only current way to get the offer.

Did it not ask you to login/create an account when you completed the application? Maybe the process is different for charge cards and credit cards!?
Charge and credit cards are all listed the same way; same process.

I am going to let him have my blue one. It is just so blue...so we will both have the full size checked but now I get to decide on a new color. 😀
Which blue did you get? Navy, Pantone/Classic Blue, Coast?! I am kicking myself that I didn't do it sooner and get mirror. Hoping another special line comes out for the spring (3-months for the credit, then 100 day return/exchange buys me 6 months of releases LOL).

Deep down I know I will end up with black or asphalt 🤣

So much FOMO on that Green card but we decided to wait a few months before we get more cards. :sad2: It just seems like a great card to have. And it's not even about the Away discount, because instead of wanting that I'm kicking myself for not using that Amex Rimowa offer that expired last year.

A bunch of Random American Express Credit Card News:

Elevated Offers:
  • Blue Business Plus through support link ends on 1/29/20
  • Personal Delta Gold, Platinum and Reserve through support links expire on 1/29/20
  • Business Delta Gold, Platinum and Reserve through support links expire on 1/29/20
  • Business Gold through support link ends on 2/5/20
Annual Fee News:
  • The Annual fee is increasing on the Personal & Business Delta Reserve on 1/30/20 to $550 (currently $450)
  • The Annual fee is increasing on the Personal & Business Delta Platinum on 1/30/20 to $250 (currently $195)
  • 1st year AF waived on Delta Gold and Delta Biz Gold apps through 1/29/20, afterwards the AF will be charged in year 1 (thanks to a random r/churning member for pointing that out.
I think that's a good recap of everything! As a reminder (and there is a disclaimer on DISchurners) sometimes you might find increased offers through support links in incognito mode. This can be hit or miss. If you're ever confused on an Amex offer please consult the thread before applying as they do not match offers after the fact. I feel pretty confident that all the offers I list above are the best you'll do now on those cards.

Last edited:
REMINDER - the semi-annual refresh of the SUPPORT Link Threads is active right now on DISchurners:
ANYBODY is welcome to share their support links in these threads. The instructions are at the top of each one.

For those that have previously posted, the easiest way to move them over is:
1) Go to your OLD comment in the OLD thread (you'll see the old threads listed near the bottom of the DISchurners feed)
2) Click EDIT
3) COPY the entire comment text in the edit box
4) PASTE the comment text as a NEW comment in the NEW thread (you'll find the new threads near the top of the feed)
5) CHECK all links to make sure they are active and working
You do NOT need to delete your old comment when done, you can just leave it in that thread.

This process will help you not have to re-do all your formatting.
Side Note: It is best to access DISchurners in old reddit. (https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/)

Side Note 2: I would also advise that you check to make sure that all of your links are accurate and working!!

I will post reminders for this over the next few days or so and will then remove the old threads with only the new threads remaining this weekend.

2019 TAX PLANNING AND SUPPORT LINKS
Oh boy - it's now January 2020 which means those 2019 tax returns can't be far behind!

As a reminder, last year Chase and American Express issued 1099s for support clicks! Here are some random thoughts on this:
  • Chase issued one 1099 per person for all cards. It showed the card # on the 1099 so you could easily match up and check for accuracy.
  • American Express issued one 1099 per card! So some people received numerous 1099s if they had clicks on multiple cards. The 1099 showed the account number also so you could match up and check for accuracy.
  • People did identify ERRORS on their 1099s. The only way to check this is to comb through your records for all the clicks your received.
  • We never reached a consensus on what sparked you to receive a 1099. There were lots of theories of a thresh-hold of $500 or $600 but never reached a clear answer there. And there were some people who inexplicably received 1099s at lower amounts if I recall correctly.
  • If you had any support clicks last year, it would be best to wait and be SURE that no 1099s are coming your way no matter how simple your taxes may seem.
  • I don't recall ANY of these 1099s being available online
Here are the way points were valued last year:
  • ALL American Express related cards/points (MRs, Marriott, Delta) = 1 cpp (with exception of Hilton)
  • Hilton = 0.67 cpp
  • ALL Chase related cards/points (URs, Southwest, Hyatt, Marriott, United) = 1cpp
  • Please let me know if anything is wrong here and I can update this.
Some people - namely @Andysol - did make an effort to dispute some valuations last year and/or attribute expenses/annual fees against them. Unless you are a major heavy hitter in the support link realm, this is likely NOT worth your time since you're probably saving an inconsequential amount on your taxes and possibly putting yourself at a risk of larger scrutiny by the IRS (this is probably just paranoia on my part though). If you can identify a clear mistake however, (i.e. that your amount is higher than the actual points received based on the calculations above) then you may want to follow up with the bank to attempt to clarify that.

Please share here on the thread if you receive a 1099 for support links so that people can be on the lookout for them. These likely won't go out until very late in the month based on how it worked last year.
Yesterday when I was typing this up I kept feeling like I forgot something but I couldn’t remember what.... so I finally just went with it.

Somebody on DISchurners triggered that memory today though! For anybody who had self-support clawed back by Amex, please keep us posted on what your 1099 shows! ThIs is sort of unknown territory and I don’t exactly have faith that they’ll handle it right the first time around.
Another Reminder: Don't file your taxes until your sure you've received ALL tax forms for the year to avoid having to file an amended return.

1099s for support clicks will be coming, typically it's for folks who received $500-$600 or more in value during the year but it's probably best to be patient to make sure nothing unexpected hits your inbox! And please check to make sure they are accurate - In the event of an error, you don't want to pay taxes on money you never received!

Just found another use for the rest of my Hilton points (not that an airport hotel is probably "worth" 40K Hilton points, but it's all about the convenience):

I think we will fly out to LAX the morning BEFORE our flight to Japan for two reasons:

1 to avoid the unlikely but still possible delay getting there, and
2 so that we can have the max amount of time on departure day in the first class lounge, since it's certainly something we will never experience again!

Win/win, right? And since I have just over 50K Hilton points left over after the other two bookings I've made and no plans to use them, I think it works out perfectly!

I'd like to just take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone on this thread... not only the ones who have specifically helped me get the flights I wanted but to everyone who has answered a question or quoted a post (whether cc related or not). You've really all been fantastic and I am so glad I finally opened the thread that kept appearing at the top of the budget board every day!

:flower1::jumping1::Pinkbounc:banana::bounce::cheer2:

I'd like to just take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone on this thread... not only the ones who have specifically helped me get the flights I wanted but to everyone who has answered a question or quoted a post (whether cc related or not). You've really all been fantastic and I am so glad I finally opened the thread that kept appearing at the top of the budget board every day!

:flower1::jumping1::Pinkbounc:banana::bounce::cheer2:
It is simply amazing how wonderful this place is. And as old friends fall away from the game/thread we always find new ones to step in! THANK YOU for joining the thread! Without “new blood” this place would eventually die. I’m not sure how we seem to attract only awesome people here...but we do!!!

Maybe. I tried it after seeing a shared DP on this thread, and since I already had the card I figured I didn't have a lot to lose by trying. The other 3% categories are gas stations (default), office supply stores, TV/telecom & wireless, computer services or business consulting services (like accountants/legal services). 2% on dining and 1% everywhere else. For a no fee MC it's a nice one to have.
Shoot, I have the Visa version. Now that I have a mtg again I would have been game to try this.

I have AA miles and UR points. My United points are just about gone. I also have a lot of MR points. I'm looking for Rome during Thanksgiving 2020. Any ideas?

UR and MR can transfer to BA so you could combine those to book the AA flight you are interested in, or book some tickets that way and some with your AA miles. @calypso726 may have other suggestions for international travel!

FYI flights on BA will will make you connect in London and then will incur a LOT in taxes and fees. Much as we all bemoan TPG as a shill, we can't argue that he provides a good service as far as the how to's as do many of the other bloggers.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/italy-points-and-miles/
https://upgradedpoints.com/best-ways-to-fly-to-italy-with-points
https://10xtravel.com/best-ways-to-italy-with-miles/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter