I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
u typically dont want to do that with a credit card, they call it limit cycling and banks sometimes dont like it. It shouldnt make a huge difference, but i wouldnt risk it. heres a youtube link that explains it. (LINK HERE). but it if its a charge card, you wont have any problems.
Isn't it only a problem if you technically exceeded your credit limit? I usually pay my cards more than once a month, but I make sure that the total sum of the charges made during that billing cycle do not exceed my limit.

Isn't it only a problem if you technically exceeded your credit limit? I usually pay my cards more than once a month, but I make sure that the total sum of the charges made during that billing cycle do not exceed my limit.
My payments are often very low since I pay them off so frequently. Sometimes just a few dollars; sometimes in the thousands. I NEVER get close to my credit limit since I basically treat my credit cards like debit cards.

So excited for you!

I’m terrible in getting hotel reviews and photos up, but I’ll make it a point after our trip over spring break! Fingers crossed you score some good flights! 🤞 I totally get how major free checked bags are with kids, especially when flying to Hawaii for a week.
Will you be at the Grand Wailea in March?

@stitchfan18 @Breck Check your HH accounts. My Aspire SUB has posted!!

I also spend them as fast as I earn them. Just booked a week at the Grand Wailea using all my points and FNC. Thanks @Lain the suggestion. I was going to use them in Waikiki, but DH actually spent entire high school summers there (I learned something new!) so he prefers Maui. I can't wait; the resort looks amazing!

Super excited for you. GW was my family's go-to vacation spot for years back when DD was little (and a couple times before that). I hope you love it!

Whew! Finally caught up after checking off and on for a few weeks...Work is going to kill me - soooo happy we will be in WDW in 6 days!!! I really, really, really need a vacation!

Spoiler Alert: Newbie churner rant coming..... I admire the ability you all have to keep track of the enormous amount of information one needs to know to be successful in this game! I consider myself a well organized, spreadsheet-crazy research whiz, but wow... :worship:

So, I came across this thread in November while researching the WDW changes that have happened since we were there in 2012. Of course, my timing always stinks and I had just gotten a Chase United ME in August for the flight and Disney Premier cards in October for myself and DW. No clue about the game.

Beginning with my first question on this thread, I discover I'm at 4/24 and DW is 1/24; not terrible, but 3 of my 4 don't drop off until 2021 :sad2: Okay, so I keep learning and wait until January to have DW apply for the first card, no biggie. And, we're paying OOP for our week at AKL, but it was planned and it's our 25th anniversary, so we're going for it.

The more I learn, the more excited I get about the possibilities, and I am not a patient person. Waiting 3 months to do anything - aaahhhh!!! I start looking into bank bonuses and decide to jump on that in the meantime. It's December at this point, and most bonus offers end SOON, so I decide it's a good time to try for 3 bonuses at once; one in my name and two in DW's. No problem, move some money around, change my DD - great! Little did I know that STUPID US Bank does not allow you to set up your online account immediately after opening the account - you need your debit card. I don't have time for a debit card to come in the mail - the offer ends in a week. So, I send DW to the bank to plead for assistance in getting the online account set up and a debit card sooner. We get the account done, I set up a real-time DD from Chase on the last day of the offer...done. We end up with 3 debit cards (???) and as I'm looking at stuff yesterday I realize that the 'real time' DD did not post until the following Monday. 😡 I sent a SM to CS, but I'm pretty sure the answer will be 'no bonus for you'....

Okay, fine, I screwed up one bonus, it happens...but it was the highest and easiest one I applied for.😢

Oh, and did I mention we refi'd our mortgage at the end of December, just to make things lively???

Moving on, DW can now apply for a CC. The great SW deal comes out and I'm ready to jump...but we don't fly SW and the ROI for GCs isn't that great, so, no. Then I remember talk about the difficulties people have had getting the CO Venture with their unexplained denials. I think, hey, DW doesn't have many cards, and we currently are carrying two balances with 0% interest offers, so maybe that will make her more likely to get it. I check her FICO and !!!! it's dropped 25 points because of the balances, I'm sure. Just under 800, but it freaks me out and I put the brakes on HARD as I decide what to do... Now the higher United ME offer comes out. I'd been thinking about supporting her for one, this is great! But, the FICO....what if Chase doesn't like the balances? Don't want to risk a denial..crap.

I decide I'll apply first and we'll wait until just before the United ME offer ends for me to support DW on that one, and pay off the balances sooner. I apply and get the email from Chase....they received it and will contact me as soon as they can. 😩 I forgot...some dirtbag tried to apply for a PayPal CC with my SS # last summer and I now have a fraud alert. I have to call for approval...no advanced techniques for me....

And, to the finally, happy ending... I will have a new, shiny CSP in my hands in a few days!! :dogdance:

UGH.... this is strangely thrilling, but exhausting!

Not much better in churning that seeing the CIP tracker saying you did it! I now have enough UR's for our flights to Japan which I can't book until the fall. But I need some more for our Hyatt nights but I can't do another card until March so I've got time to figure it out. I want to be done with chase biz with the next card so I can move on to amex to get the hilton points we need for TDL. But I'm happy to be over the biggest hurdle as it was my biggest worry. I'll start worrying about actually getting the flights in late summer 😂

I feel awfully dumb for not being able to figure this out... but I need help. I have a Bonvoy Boundless, got 4-26-18. I’m trying to figure out what to do for other cards, and I’m stumped on what qualifies for lifetime limit vs 24 mo limit vs 30/90 days limit. I love this card-we are committed to working towards Marriott lifetime status, love the priority lounge access, and we use the $300 statement credit and max that 50k certificate. We want more points... and max amount of free “extras”. Is it better for my husband to get a Boundless (but we need one more lounge access for 13 year old child. What’s another good card to look at?) and I get a Brilliant at $95, lower night certificate, no lounge or credit, but 100k points? Can I also get bonuses on business cards and Bold? I’m so confused by the timing requirements for these cards. Help!!!

Trying to decide between CBR preferred room or Pop standard view. Quick 3 night stay in Feb. Both same price. Thought I’d ask my trusty credit card peeps. WWYD? And are the pref cbr rooms walkable to the skyliner? That resort seems so huge when I fly over.

Trying to decide between CBR preferred room or Pop standard view. Quick 3 night stay in Feb. Both same price. Thought I’d ask my trusty credit card peeps. WWYD? And are the pref cbr rooms walkable to the skyliner? That resort seems so huge when I fly over.
That’s a hard one for me. You get the skyliner at both. I don’t feel like any of the pop standard rooms are far and the new rooms are amazing. I feel like the food options are better at CBR. I hate the rooms there though. I think the carpet is gross and the rooms smell musty.

That’s a hard one for me. You get the skyliner at both. I don’t feel like any of the pop standard rooms are far and the new rooms are amazing. I feel like the food options are better at CBR. I hate the rooms there though. I think the carpet is gross and the rooms smell musty.
Yeah the food at pop is pretty awful. Do you know how far a walk it is to the skyliner from the preferred section at cbr?

Not much better in churning that seeing the CIP tracker saying you did it! I now have enough UR's for our flights to Japan which I can't book until the fall. But I need some more for our Hyatt nights but I can't do another card until March so I've got time to figure it out. I want to be done with chase biz with the next card so I can move on to amex to get the hilton points we need for TDL. But I'm happy to be over the biggest hurdle as it was my biggest worry. I'll start worrying about actually getting the flights in late summer 😂

Congratulations! :) What time of year are you planning on going to Japan? Asking because it's something I'm thinking about and would love to know your thoughts on this one.

Congratulations! :) What time of year are you planning on going to Japan? Asking because it's something I'm thinking about and would love to know your thoughts on this one.

We're going in September. Hopefully leaving the Thurs/Fri of labor day weekend for 2 weeks, well I think it's 15 hotel nights. I wanted it to be on the warmer side but not peak summer hot and I think school/holiday wise it's a good time. We'll be doing Tokyo, Okinawa, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing with all 3 Asian parks. Plus having 1 holiday on our side to help with vacation days is nice too and part of the reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter