I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to lounge hop today since I'm not impressed by the breakfast at delta but I ate enough. After reading reviews I decided to try this one since I'm flying delta and leave centurion til I'm not. But pp is closer to my gate and normally had bottles and mini cans of stuff so I'm going to grab something on the way.

Dl at seatac in the main terminal is nice and it's huge so you don't really notice how many people are in here. But either I picked the wrong spot or the ac is on too high.

Arrrgh….if anyone can fly down tomorrow, I see a Boardwalk view studio available for 96 points for 5 nights in a row starting tomorrow (Friday). I don't have those points available but if I did I'd be on the road by noon

Edit: I'm actually watching for one night in April during Moonlight Madness. I don't need the night to attend as the event is open right now (don't need to have a Disney hotel) but if I did attend I would want a night at Bay Lake so I could walk to my room. I've already got a tentative off site reservation as well, but this is way up in the air with regards to actually happening.

Last edited:
By no means an expert, but based on observation it seems to be running very nicely now. When there in November the thing spent a lot of time being stopped. In February it seemed to be running very well.

I could see it from my room and from the parking lot and also on my walks into Epcot and to DHS, so it's also in a lot of my pictures as background.

I may actually get in it one of these days. I can't testify to the time it takes as I haven't ridden. But I would think at the times that @Haley R is entering the parks, there would be little to no line.
Oh it worked fine when I was on it! But the line from DHS switches at one of the resorts before going to EP.

Found a great article with time estimates for all lines! The ride itself is 20 mins plus switching time at CBR.
https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/disney-world-skyliner-gondola-system-guide

By no means an expert, but based on observation it seems to be running very nicely now. When there in November the thing spent a lot of time being stopped. In February it seemed to be running very well.

I could see it from my room and from the parking lot and also on my walks into Epcot and to DHS, so it's also in a lot of my pictures as background.

I may actually get in it one of these days. I can't testify to the time it takes as I haven't ridden. But I would think at the times that @Haley R is entering the parks, there would be little to no line.
Just for the record: the Skyliner is a monstrosity of motion sickness and claustrophobic nightmares that should die Die DIE!!

(And I wasn’t even one of those who got trapped, just a bit motion sick as it was a windy day 🤣) Alas my bro is going on his first trip to WDW this month and if he really wants to ride it I will oblige. The things we do for siblings 😂

Got to the pp lounge, the club and they had regular cheerios so kinda sad I had some potatoes and a piece of toast at dl as I'd have preferred cereal. Oh well. This is the quietest I've ever seen this lounge which is odd since I'm normally here before a redeye. But I got my mini can of coke for later which is what I wanted. No bottled juice today only cans of pop which is a bummer.

Ready for a nap on the plane and hoping the seat next to me stays empty. 1st is full and economy is full but confort + has like 8 empty seats so I'm hopeful. Only 4 on the upgrade list and I'm pretty sure they filled 1st since I could've upgraded yesterday for $74 or 6,900 miles.

My dad was a Fed economist (both at the Board and the FRB of Minneapolis). I agree they had no choice to cut and follow futures (which yesterday were saying another 25 basis points in April is likely). I guess with the meeting around the corner I was surprised. Glad the market rallied yesterday but I know it's not even close to being over. My investment horizon is > 20 years and I lived through the 2007 to 2009 recession, so I know we'll get through this:)
:) We lived through the 1987 and 2000 downturns also! Was on my honeymoon in Hawaii on Oct 19, 1987, so I remember that one. DH had put in to take shares of company stock out of his account for our house downpayment, by the time we got back the share price had dropped 30%. We kept the stock at that point rather than selling it at a huge loss and used other funds for the house.

Rollercoaster continues, started out down again this morning.

Just for the record: the Skyliner is a monstrosity of motion sickness and claustrophobic nightmares that should die Die DIE!!

(And I wasn’t even one of those who got trapped, just a bit motion sick as it was a windy day 🤣) Alas my bro is going on his first trip to WDW this month and if he really wants to ride it I will oblige. The things we do for siblings 😂

OMG you talked me out of it again!
The article you linked above is pretty good but it would be nice if they did an update as they had a picture from back in October. I saw lines for it at Epcot but nowhere near what they showed in that one picture from back in October. Definitely a short wait at Closing at Epcot at 9pm, but not enough of a crowd to hinder me as I walked either to the boat or back along the path to Boardwalk (which some BWV people were complaining about).

I've procrastinated long enough. back to my kitchen where I am deep cleaning. This is a week long process as I'm not committing a whole day to it, just a couple hours with long Disboard breaks in between.

And I am obviously a pack rat. No doubt about it. I have a coffee area, with storage cupboards right above it. Found 3 French presses, too many mugs/cups from mostly Starbucks, a tea kettle for top of stove - I mostly use an electric one. And, those contigo water bottles - oh my! I'm going to take them on vacation for the littles and maybe they will lose them for me. Plus assorted tea bags, sugar packets, and old coffee I should have used or thrown out long ago.

I've procrastinated long enough. back to my kitchen where I am deep cleaning. This is a week long process as I'm not committing a whole day to it, just a couple hours with long Disboard breaks in between.

And I am obviously a pack rat. No doubt about it. I have a coffee area, with storage cupboards right above it. Found 3 French presses, too many mugs/cups from mostly Starbucks, a tea kettle for top of stove - I mostly use an electric one. And, those contigo water bottles - oh my! I'm going to take them on vacation for the littles and maybe they will lose them for me. Plus assorted tea bags, sugar packets, and old coffee I should have used or thrown out long ago.
My in-laws deep-cleaned their kitchen & found a box of tea from 1986.

I don't get this. I checked the seat map one last time and someone took the aisle seat next to me despite the 5 empty rows across the aisle and the one bbehind. So I got my seat moved across the aisle and now have an empty row in front of me, 2 behind me and one across the aisle. And the guy moved to the window seat I had, so why pick that seat?

My in-laws deep-cleaned their kitchen & found a box of tea from 1986.

I've been here since 1989 and I went haha but I know anything is possible. I have a basement. You could probably find anything you need down there.

I don't get this. I checked the seat map one last time and someone took the aisle seat next to me despite the 5 empty rows across the aisle and the one bbehind. So I got my seat moved across the aisle and now have an empty row in front of me, 2 behind me and one across the aisle. And the guy moved to the window seat I had, so why pick that seat?

Did the other rows have windows? If not maybe he faked you out of it.

Arrrgh….if anyone can fly down tomorrow, I see a Boardwalk view studio available for 96 points for 5 nights in a row starting tomorrow (Friday). I don't have those points available but if I did I'd be on the road by noon

Edit: I'm actually watching for one night in April during Moonlight Madness. I don't need the night to attend as the event is open right now (don't need to have a Disney hotel) but if I did attend I would want a night at Bay Lake so I could walk to my room. I've already got a tentative off site reservation as well, but this is way up in the air with regards to actually happening.
the 21st or the 28th?

the 21st or the 28th?

Preferably the 28th but I've considered the 21st as well. I booked nights around the 28th.

I should emphasize that I'm in a 'dreaming' stage about this. By April it will be much nicer weather here and I may not be as anxious to go then.

Preferably the 28th but I've considered the 21st as well. I booked nights around the 28th.

I should emphasize that I'm in a 'dreaming' stage about this. By April it will be much nicer weather here and I may not be as anxious to go then.
Haha, I can't wait to go where it's hot.
We are going the 21st, which is why I was wondering. I am at BLT the first 3 nights, but will actually be at BWV for the night of MM.

My Chase cert posts on my anniversary date, which is before the AF posts for me. If you PC'd your Brilliant after your official anniversary date, you still get a 50k cert because it seems to be based on what card you had on the anniversary date. I would guess the 35k cert is from a Chase card.

The Chase Card have not posted yet. Their AF just came do. The 35,000 was in there previously for my AMEX Card and now the 50,000 one is there too. So, I will have 4 free nights instead of 3. I will take it.

The Chase Card have not posted yet. Their AF just came do. The 35,000 was in there previously for my AMEX Card and now the 50,000 one is there too. So, I will have 4 free nights instead of 3. I will take it.
Ahhh I thought you meant the 35k and 50k had shown up around the same time lol

Many of you know we stayed at POR for one night last weekend. I wrote a review on TripAdvisor like I always do to point out both the good and bad things we noticed. They asked for my email to discuss it further and this is what I got today:

“Due to your disappointment throughout your visit, I would like to offer you one complimentary night at any one of our Moderate Resorts in a Standard View Room. This complimentary night do not expire until used and do not have any blockout dates, though it is subject to availability.”

I’m extremely surprised by this. It’s not like I said everything about the hotel sucks. I even talked about how much we liked the theming and dining options. Dh wants to save it until after the baby is born and hopefully after the virus stuff is gone

Last edited:
I've tried calling AA twice, they just keep hanging up on me because they are too busy. Can I change an award flight through twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter