I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, nothing earthshaking - just my local Ocean City, Maryland beach in July. They have a Hyatt Place that just opened in 2018. It's oceanfront in the middle area of the Boardwalk. Right next to Marriott's Courtyard and 2 blocks from the Holiday Inn and Suites. This is the area I've been going to for many years. I also go to other beaches but do this one a few times each summer, but hotel varies.
Sounds lovely. I was looking at a Hyatt in Hawaii. I can’t take vacations in the summer due to my job, but as soon as I do retire, I will look at some places closer to home too.

90% sure we will be shut down at 2pm, when the Governor holds his press conference. Wisconsin just did. They don't usually announce his press conferences, he has them daily, so that's a clue to me.

We thought this yesterday as they made a big deal about our governor's press conference. Turns out is all we got was a bunch of incoherent thoughts and ramblings. Starting with if we don't change our behaviors things are going to be a lot worse and then ending with nothing is changed, business as usual. 🤦‍♀️ He will have another one at 1:00 today. We will see if he has changed his tune.

My relative sent me pictures of their (vacation property) lake house in northern Ontario. They were clearing their backyard rink of what looked like 3 or 4 feet of snow. The lake is frozen over and at least the snow on it is not as deep. All beautifully white and serene. Gave me the shudders! But no problem with social distancing.
Yeah, it’s not quite that bad here. Our snow is gone but it’s cold enough for snow and we might get a little today. 🤷🏻‍♀️

That's what I was wondering. I heard he was going to lock us down yesterday.
We heard Governor Hogan was also but he just closed all non-essential businesses beginning at 5 pm this evening. No shelter-in-place ordered. We are still waiting for the state update on public school closure since the kids are supposed to go back on Mon. DS's private school has already extended closure to 4/10 and online starts on Wed. Although we are making him start today. I can already tell it is going to be a headache with his public school friends off.

We thought this yesterday as they made a big deal about our governor's press conference. Turns out is all we got was a bunch of incoherent thoughts and ramblings. Starting with if we don't change our behaviors things are going to be a lot worse and then ending with nothing is changed, business as usual. 🤦‍♀️ He will have another one at 1:00 today. We will see if he has changed his tune.

I don't see any deaths yet and only 16 confirmed cases. Perhaps it hasn't hit home yet.

2 weeks ago we were only hearing of 2-3 cases in our area, now it's 290 in Md, 221 in Va and 120 in DC.

We, of course are in a much denser population area than anywhere in WV, but still, the time to get going is yesterday. The one thing you have some control of with this is changing your personal behavior.

So many things to look forward to.

- Working back at work, so ready and I'm only on day 5 of working at home.
- Live sports, though the iracing race nascar had yesterday at least gave me my familiar sunday voices.
- Being able to wear the new clothes and shoes I got for work and haven't worn yet, not wasting it sitting at home.
- Knowing if I can visit my bff at the end og August near DC. Want to plan but don't feel like it's a good idea yet.
- Starting to fund my new HSA with my 1st perm paycheck and signing up for my 401k in June, immediately vested! So amazing.
- Feeling confortable enough this fall to start booking Asia for next fall.
- Not having to run outside in the cold, I want the gym back.
- Not having to say/think you can't fix stupid all the time, stay home people.
- That someday this will become a remember when
- Finishing my plat msr
- Finally, thr plat being enough to atop the hilton popup, I hope. Am putting a tiny bit of spend on my dl amex too so I will succeed! I hope.

I found out that one of the Shell GCs I bought online from BB for an Amex offer was never activated. I called BB twice and they say there's nothing they can do since it's been more than 30 days. I was told to visit a store to see if they can activate it, but there's no guarantee. Visiting a store is not really an option given what's going on. BB has no email customer service, only chat & phone. I tried chat several times yesterday but never got an agent. I'll keep trying, but I'm wondering if I'm really just out of luck like the CS reps told me in not so many words. I'm not too confident in the reps since one of them told me he was googling how to activate a card and asked if I had tried that! I did confirm with Shell that the card was not activated. I think there's even evidence on my receipt since it shows only the first few digits from this card but shows like 16 digits for the others. If I can't get anyone at BB to help me, would Amex offer any protection?

Things I'm looking forward to -
A calmer society
DS getting accepted to college
Going back to church
Fresh vegetables from my garden
More "normal" grocery shopping experiences
Things not getting canceled

The people at this e-mail fixed my Disney GCs. Hope they're still working. Good luck!

customercare@bestbuy.com

I don't see any deaths yet and only 16 confirmed cases. Perhaps it hasn't hit home yet.

2 weeks ago we were only hearing of 2-3 cases in our area, now it's 290 in Md, 221 in Va and 120 in DC.

We, of course are in a much denser population area than anywhere in WV, but still, the time to get going is yesterday. The one thing you have some control of with this is changing your personal behavior.

We still don't have a shelter in place though people keep asking the gov for it. 2 cities have but it really doesnt seem that much more than what we have now. My city along with others around, mayor's put out a joint statement saying we don't want to but we will, stay home.

My issue is my city on fb, the media etc have been saying playgrounds are closed but you can still go out to hike, walk etc. So then everyone goes and hikes and suddenly there's too many people. C'mon it's the PNW so you expect people to stay inside on a sunny weekend when it's 55 to 60, no. Rain is starting today so hopefully that helps but you can't fix stupid and I'll ammend that to say you can't fix stupid or selfish/entitled.

Some hospitals no longer do these things. No baby nursery, no nurses feeding your baby. Baby is in the room and fed by mom or dad exclusively. Some also do no samples or coupons. YMMV.
my Dsis had hers 6 months ago...I was shocked that the hospital neither provided a pacifier,or even offered it as a solution! We were told they no longer have them at all.... Now this was her 2nd child, and well experienced with baby care(she was nursing him) That baby wouldn't stop fussing unless he was nursing. Poor dsis..... n the 2nd day< I sent her DH to the nearby store to buy 3 pacifiers,and the baby was happy. He just needed that little extra bit of 'chew time' :rotfl2: when he was just starting out....I feel like it's good they're promoting nursing, but not good to withhold helpful tools.

This morning I paid a few bills. One f them was the electric bill, which I became aware of when I went to my bill pay to pay credit card balances. Really thought I'd put it on a credit card before I left for SC, but nowhere to be found.

It's only $102.xx but 3 days late! Went to the website to pay it immediately and found that 'late fees' were forgiven for the next while. It slipped through my cracks, but is fixed now and I didn't have to pay an extra $1 or so. I get 2 emails, one from the company, one from bill pay, but until I saw it in red on bill pay, I didn't double check. So I put $500 on the account and used my 2% NFCU Flagship card. I'll get $10 and have to pay $1.75, so $8.25 ahead. The extra should take me through April and most of May.

Edit: Looks like I paid my gas bill around the same time I thought (noted on paper) that I paid electric. The amounts are within a few dollars. Gas would not be over due yet. Maybe I should be having DD check my 'work'!

Last edited:
@Haley R something to check on about formula is ask your pediatrician. The sales reps. drop off samples all the time for when my 3 were on formula. If the office knows ahead of time maybe they can pull a container or two for you. They also had coupons at times.
I'm actually just about to call the pediatric office. We have a couple buildings that are part of the same group, but in different towns around us (with different providers at each one). I called a couple months ago and they said not to call until after I'm released from the hospital to set up an appointment. I just wanted to know ahead of time which doctors would be available because some of my gym friends have recommended certain ones and I know one for sure went on maternity leave and isn't an option. I'm gonna call today and see if they give me a different answer. I might mention formula samples just to see what they say.

My relative sent me pictures of their (vacation property) lake house in northern Ontario. They were clearing their backyard rink of what looked like 3 or 4 feet of snow. The lake is frozen over and at least the snow on it is not as deep. All beautifully white and serene. Gave me the shudders! But no problem with social distancing.
My mom sent me a picture yesterday because they got a bunch of snow and she was so angry. They just spent two months at Gulf Shores so of course it snows when they get back lol. I think it mostly all melted today though because it's supposed to be 50. Iowa weather gives me whiplash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter