I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is everyone handling potential trips to WDW later this year? Are you planning like normal or preemptively cancelling? Our next trip is supposed to be November. I haven't let myself do much planning yet.
I know there has been some discussion of this but I've been mostly skimming lately..🙈
Planning like normal. I have the money in gift cards already so no skin off my nose to put a deposit down.

How is everyone handling potential trips to WDW later this year? Are you planning like normal or preemptively cancelling? Our next trip is supposed to be November. I haven't let myself do much planning yet.
I know there has been some discussion of this but I've been mostly skimming lately..🙈
We have trip booked for November. My husband suggested I cancel but I am hanging on to it right now. It’s DVC so we can cancel up to 30 days in advance without penalty. I am not very enthusiastic about making any others plans for the trip yet like dining etc.

We moved our Memorial Day weekend trip to Columbus Day weekend. I had airfare with southwest, DVC points, and days left on a Military salute tickets, so it was easy. Not sure if we will end up taking the trip, but it will be too easy to cancel later on, so I’m not worrying about it now. I made ADRs at 180 days, and will make fast passes at 60 when it comes. Luckily, my DVC points are from my APR UY contract and are 2020 points, so i can bank them until the end of November if need be.

I made fast passes this morning for July. I really have no idea if it will happen or not. I need Disney to make a decision and stick to it. Cancelling a week at a time is not helpful. I need to know how they will proceed and what the new rules will be so I can make a decision. I have till May 31 to cancel and not lose my DVC points. Well I will lose the 9 I bought but oh well.
As far as Aulani in September still totally unsure on that one either. Still hoping to go but like others, having a hard time planning now. I need new shoes and some Hawaiian print dresses but now I am afraid to buy them in case we can’t go now. But I can’t wait long because buying shoes takes me forever with my fussy feet.

My name is 3 letters and you would be surprised how many people spell it wrong! Both of my kids have long names and no one ever gets the spelling correct (and they are "classic" names, not anything unusual).
Seriously, your name???

Wow, just wow.

Mine is either spelled wrong or pronounced wrong (sometimes both), but it's unusual so I can understand that.

And "Virginia." How ridiculous to spell that wrong!

We made the decision to cancel our May trip (due to start on Saturday :sad:) way before Disney did it for us, and initially we considered rebooking for the fall, but ultimately decided against it. Too many unknowns and my gf is extremely high risk as someone with cystic fibrosis. So we’re playing it safe and waiting until next May. We were gonna take our time to book but some chatter on the Resorts board about 2021 availability made us hurry up and decide on our dates. We changed it from 10 days Poly CL to 2 weeks split between GF RPC and Poly CL, since we have extra time to beef up the vacation budget now. We both turn 40 next year, myself during the actual trip, so we decided to splurge especially after the disappointment of this year.

Just having reservations in MDE again made me feel a lot better, even if it’s far away.

We have a mid July trip still scheduled plus an adults only Labor Day weekend trip. Even if WDW is open for July, I think I'll be modifying the trip for at least part of our group. We have 22 people going now and it's a first trip for some. Thinking I'll recommend to them to push their trip back to next year just so they can have a better first experience. Those of us who have APs will likely still go in July if they are open and we can.

We have a mid July trip still scheduled plus an adults only Labor Day weekend trip. Even if WDW is open for July, I think I'll be modifying the trip for at least part of our group. We have 22 people going now and it's a first trip for some. Thinking I'll recommend to them to push their trip back to next year just so they can have a better first experience. Those of us who have APs will likely still go in July if they are open and we can.
Mid-July as well. If they are open I see us going, but I am pretty nervous about it. I've not done much other than book resort and air, we have APs. I think I might have booked 2 ADRs, I should check on that.

Which reminds me, I booked resort with UR. What is the Disney number I need to call to get the MDE number?

Then, let's say this trip needs to be rescheduled. Would I be able to call Disney and rebook the resort and pay the difference which would mean I can still benefit from having booked via UR? Would Chase have fully paid "their portion" so that I would only be on the hook for the excess? Does that make any sense? Just trying to find a silver lining in case things aren't open.

Lots to catch-up on here, but I just got a crazy email from United about changing flights through 5/31/20. I assumed I had longer than 4/30/20 to decide what to do with my October flights, but it actually seems like United is removing the 24-month voucher option if your departure is after 5/31/20. The website phrasing changed and my self-service cancellation options via my trips changed. It looks like United is only offering 12-months of no change fees vs the option of that and the 24-month voucher. So terrible!

I called United and the CSR said she could still get me the 24-month voucher with “supervisor approval.” She came back within one second after speaking with the “supervisor.” I assume it’s because United previously advertised the 24-month voucher through 4/30/20. I was only waiting until 4/30/20 to get the longest possible voucher, but this really stressed me out.

Waiting for my electronic voucher in 5-21 days. Good luck to anyone with flights. THANKS UNITED… NOT 😒

New phrasing on the website "If your travel plans have been impacted by COVID-19 and you were scheduled to travel before May 31, 2020, you’re eligible for a travel credit that allows you to apply the full value of your ticket to any new flight booked within 24 months."

IDK if United just changed the phrasing and options online in preparation of 5/1/20, but it really rubs me the wrong way. I really should not be shocked by anything United does, but here I am. 😂

I didn’t see the movie until dh and I started dating. I liked the name a lot so we kept it. Unfortunately I can already tell people will spell it wrong a lot since we chose two T’s instead of one. My name gets spelled wrong all the time so I know how it feels
When I think of the name I think of Stabler from SVU. I really liked Stabler so this elicits happy thoughts. Maybe your baby will grow up to fight sex crimes and put bad people in prison... this is how I will now envision your baby! 🤣

Lots of crying... just crying... a lot... 🤣 (I’m kidding - I don’t have a Disney trip planned until January...hopefully... I think... hold on, I may need to go cry now...)

Lots of crying... just crying... a lot... 🤣 (I’m kidding - I don’t have a Disney trip planned until January...hopefully... I think... hold on, I may need to go cry now...)

This is how I feel. I should be gearing up for ADR's but I'm afraid to get my hopes up. We had decided to be in Disney on each of our children's 13th birthdays and this would be my oldest son's trip. Missing this trip would really hurt. I know so many others have had to miss large milestone trips and this is small in comparison, but it would still be a hard one for us.

This is how I feel. I should be gearing up for ADR's but I'm afraid to get my hopes up. We had decided to be in Disney on each of our children's 13th birthdays and this would be my oldest son's trip. Missing this trip would really hurt. I know so many others have had to miss large milestone trips and this is small in comparison, but it would still be a hard one for us.

I know it's a bummer but if he's the oldest can't you change the rule to 14? I know it's not as meaningful as 13 and then the others would have to wait longer but it could work.

I know it's a bummer but if he's the oldest can't you change the rule to 14? I know it's not as meaningful as 13 and then the others would have to wait longer but it could work.
He's not the oldest, he's the oldest son. We spent DD's 13th there last year. You are right though, the only thing to do will be to change it to another birthday for him. It wouldn't be the worst, but wouldn't be ideal with the spacing of the next one either. I'm just going to cross my fingers. We were planning on doing the Keys and then WDW because he wants to see Dry Tortuga National Park.

Another question for those who are planning international trips. Are you still planning? Is it even possible to guess at this point?

Man you guys were busy. I made it a goal to barely use my phone in the hospital so even family was antsy and not hearing from us much. I’m gonna keep this kind of short because I’m working off fumes and the baby needs to feed again.

He was born at 9:21 am, weighed 8 lb 1 oz, and was 19 inches long. I think 2 or 3 people got the weight right. It was a very easy delivery and I only pushed for an hour. I did end up taking the epidural but no inducing. He just started cluster feeding today so that hasn’t been fun. I’m VERY sore and he just started having issues latching so we’ve been dealing with that. I’ll try to get on again sometime soon.

I’ll just drop this here... lol
View attachment 491278
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

tenor.gif

Oh shoot I forgot to say his name didn’t I. His name is Elliott after the dragon in Pete’s Dragon
I love it! A true Disney fan, and a new one in the making :thumbsup2

I threw a September WDW trip together after cancelling my March/April trip and have all the dining and FP+ basically recycled from the spring. I have an October ABD booked for CA/DL that I already cancelled my United first saver award flights to LAX for and I just cancelled the UR/cash return tonight so that ABD will be moved (bye, bye Polaris). I also have a VGF reservation in December that I stalked to get that will get cancelled before my spring banking deadline. I don't think things will normalize by September and October (to the level that I can enjoy OR justify the cost of an ABD) and I don't want to jeopardize my DVC points in December. I have a cash room as a backup for December, but no flights. I've come to the realization that I probably won't be traveling this year and I will try to pack 2021 full of fun with all my extra PTO carry-over 😂

Mid-July as well. If they are open I see us going, but I am pretty nervous about it. I've not done much other than book resort and air, we have APs. I think I might have booked 2 ADRs, I should check on that.

Which reminds me, I booked resort with UR. What is the Disney number I need to call to get the MDE number?

Then, let's say this trip needs to be rescheduled. Would I be able to call Disney and rebook the resort and pay the difference which would mean I can still benefit from having booked via UR? Would Chase have fully paid "their portion" so that I would only be on the hook for the excess? Does that make any sense? Just trying to find a silver lining in case things aren't open.
We’re planning a July trip as well! Sounds like lots of us are planning for July.
Which resort did you book on UR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter