I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And are THOSE support options still available or did those disappear too?
Also should add that if you bypass CSR now but later want it for its 1.5x redemption you could easily upgrade your CF to a CSR. You could consider the Sapphire MDD but that uses two 5/24 slots and of course comes with that CSR AF you may not be fond of right now.

Also should add that if you bypass CSR now but later want it for its 1.5x redemption you could easily upgrade your CF to a CSR. You could consider the Sapphire MDD but that uses two 5/24 slots and of course comes with that CSR AF you may not be fond of right now.
Yeah that AFs on the MDD must have been what I was thinking of ($$$$).

To be clear: If I got a CSP right now, then I would not be eligible to get the bonus on a CSR for 48 months, correct?

Yeah that AFs on the MDD must have been what I was thinking of ($$$$).

To be clear: If I got a CSP right now, then I would not be eligible to get the bonus on a CSR for 48 months, correct?
For 48 months from when you earn the CSP bonus, so likely 50-51 months from now. BUT you can get a CSR simply by upgrading a CF and you can still double dip the TC when you do that. So don't force a MDD if you aren't comfortable with it. You also need to gauge how else you could use that 5/24 slot. Sapphire MDD made a lot of sense when biz cards were easy to obtain, now...I'm not as high on it if there's other Chase cards that catch your eye.

For 48 months from when you earn the CSP bonus, so likely 50-51 months from now. BUT you can get a CSR simply by upgrading a CF and you can still double dip the TC when you do that. So don't force a MDD if you aren't comfortable with it. You also need to gauge how else you could use that 5/24 slot. Sapphire MDD made a lot of sense when biz cards were easy to obtain, now...I'm not as high on it if there's other Chase cards that catch your eye.

Ah that's right; thank you for the clarification.

I am honestly not sure whether there other Chase cards I'm interested in. I'm feeling sort of lost about this whole thing and I suppose it's either Chase or Amex, if I want to earn something with the most flexibility.

Also, I checked my spreadsheet ( ::yes:: ) and I'll actually be 1/24 on June 11 and 0/24 in August! (not sure that makes a difference, but hey it's nice to know!)

Last edited:
Hi! Coming out of lurk-dom to introduce myself! I've always been interested in churning, and I have been a long time lurker on reddit r/churning. Ever since my Barclaycard (Sallie Mae) stopped it's 5% cash back in 2017, I switched over 100% to my CSR. Thank goodness they're waiving the increase in annual fee this year because I was going to downgrade to CSP...it's getting a little ridiculous!

In Feb 2019 I was able to go to WDW for 4 days for $84 - this included flights, hotels, and food. I was an AP Holder at the time, so I don't count that expense. I used my AA points, Marriott rewards to stay offsite (which I will never do again! I missed the bubble), and gift cards! I used to travel monthly for work pre-covid19, so I am member of many rewards programs.

Anyways, I look forward to learning more from this group of Disney lovers!

Hi! Coming out of lurk-dom to introduce myself! I've always been interested in churning, and I have been a long time lurker on reddit r/churning. Ever since my Barclaycard (Sallie Mae) stopped it's 5% cash back in 2017, I switched over 100% to my CSR. Thank goodness they're waiving the increase in annual fee this year because I was going to downgrade to CSP...it's getting a little ridiculous!

In Feb 2019 I was able to go to WDW for 4 days for $84 - this included flights, hotels, and food. I was an AP Holder at the time, so I don't count that expense. I used my AA points, Marriott rewards to stay offsite (which I will never do again! I missed the bubble), and gift cards! I used to travel monthly for work pre-covid19, so I am member of many rewards programs.

Welcome!

Question about upgrading a card. I have the Amex EveryDay card. I got an email offer to upgrade to the Preferred everyday card. 25,000 MR if I spend $2,000 in 3 months. Is this a good offer? I have never done an upgrade before but have had this card for years. Does is use a spot or is an upgrade not considered a new card? Also, I have my credit locked , do I need to unlock it for this? Or is that not necessary?

Question about upgrading a card. I have the Amex EveryDay card. I got an email offer to upgrade to the Preferred everyday card. 25,000 MR if I spend $2,000 in 3 months. Is this a good offer? I have never done an upgrade before but have had this card for years. Does is use a spot or is an upgrade not considered a new card? Also, I have my credit locked , do I need to unlock it for this? Or is that not necessary?

It is the same account and not a new card, so it does not use an Amex slot. Have you had the EDP before? If you haven't, just remember taking the upgrade locks you out of the public offer (which may be higher). The best option if you haven't would be to get the public offer, then immediately take this upgrade.

Not sure about the credit lock, but otherwise no real reason not to take the upgrade unless you don't want to pay the annual fee and/or have no use for MRs right now.

:welcome:

It is the same account and not a new card, so it does not use an Amex slot. Have you had the EDP before? If you haven't, just remember taking the upgrade locks you out of the public offer (which may be higher). The best option if you haven't would be to get the public offer, then immediately take this upgrade.

Not sure about the credit lock, but otherwise no real reason not to take the upgrade unless you don't want to pay the annual fee and/or have no use for MRs right now.
I hadn’t had the Preferred card before. I looked and the public offer is 35000. So you mean essentially I could apply for a new card with the public offer and then get the upgrade too? I don’t understand how that would work if I get the new card I would already have the card that the offer is to upgrade to.

Well you can't make resort reservations right now. I don't even know what to do about our August trip now, because DH was so "get it done" about airline tickets, that we have THOSE paid for again now. We were going to do park hoppers and pretty much do one park in the morning and one in the evening and do afternoons at the pool. I have so many questions. We booked the "covid-cancelled-please-reschedule free dining" deal, which i thought you HAD to have park hoppers for. Which would be useless now? Nothing about procedures for resorts/pool areas. We have MNSSHP tickets. But there are no character meets now? No parades? No fireworks? We are flying down on SW so now I'm considering taking our stroller apart to possibly fit into a suitcase and gate-checking her car seat and then renting a car for a day or 2 to go off-property for some activities. It's not worth the cost (IMO) to go and just stay at a resort for as long as we are planning if we scrap park days altogether, plus DH would hate a trip where we aren't going and doing tons of things. I know that all of the precautions are for a good reason, but I'm so sad and disappointed with how different this trip is going to end up from what I had planned.
Similar-ish position here. August trip. Not rebooked but DVC and if we don't go our points expire soon. Plane tickets (for 3 of us) and parkhopper tickets (for all 4 of us) already bought and paid for. We're willing to deal with whatever restrictions are in place. We even would have been willing to do a resort + Disney Springs, no parks trip.

I'm fairly confident Disney will make some sort of accommodation for people who travel during the early restricted phases and who already bought passes or multi-day ticket/hoppers. We have 7-day hoppers. If we can even go, we might only get in the parks 3-4 days, or be limited to a few hours each day, or limited to one park per day. That's not what I bought and Disney knows that and I'm confident they will make it good somehow.

But for us, the big issue is if and when Governor DeSantis drops the quarantine on visitors from NY. It makes no sense to travel to Disney if we cannot even leave our room. And the problem there is the Governor has no timeline, and no need to relax the quarantine in concert with Disney or Universal or an other tourist spot. To the extent he does want to help the tourist industry they probably won't be hurt by doing without visitors from NY/NJ/CT for the first few months with everything operating at reduced capacity. He could drop the quarantine tomorrow, in June, the day before our trip, or months later. It's the worst case scenario for planning.

I mostly don't know how to plan or handle the quarantine issue and our plane tickets. As mentioned, we have tickets for 3 of us. We are on JetBlue. I originally held off buying the fourth for reasons unrelated to the virus. If we're going, I should book the 4th ticket now. But I don't know what JetBlue will do if we decide to cancel because the quarantine order is in place. Our travel is not restricted, just what we can do when we get there. JB could take the position that canceling is entirely our decision and we are owed nothing. If I wait to buy the 4th ticket it could be too late with reduced routes and capacity. If I buy it now I might just be throwing additional money or points away.

ETA: It appears JetBlue has a pretty good policy in place for bookings made through June 30 and I will be able to cancel and get a credit good for 24 months if necessary. So I'm buying that 4th ticket and hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter