I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have missed this, but just checking before you apply for something. Even though you have no cards now, have you opened any cards in the past 24 months? That's important, especially for Chase.

We have a care credit card that was opened less than 2 years ago. 900 limit, 0 balance

You may be able to pay your mortgage with a cc but I would not plan on it with a Visa (or Amex). With $1600 month spend, the CIP spend requirement isn't that far out of reach. Do you happen to know your credit score?

I have not tried to pay with a card with a live person but online and automated is checks. It is a USDA loan.
Honestly, our scores are low 600-depending on the agency, hubs lost his job 3 years ago amd we had a few items in collections.

I really hope you get those points. I'm pretty sure we used property tax to meet some MSRs over the past year and a half, so I hope it works for you, too.
I should also add, I did pay both property and IRS taxes with the spend I had so many issues with, but it was on their end, some major system glitch, and I was told the taxes do indeed count, and I did FINALLY get my miles.

Adding to the "yay I don't need to stress about Hilton/Amex any longer"- since I have (well, HAD, now) about 150K hilton points due to the Amex Hilton Biz, and I don't need them for TDR, I am using them to save over $400 on our trip out to San Bernardino to watch my older son's Indoor Percussion Ensemble competition in March. I had booked a "suite" since we will have the other two boys in tow and I thought the "living space" would be a bit nicer, so that was going to be higher than I'd normally pay for a hotel room anyway. Got that for 40K points per night. Plus we will do one night at the Narita Hilton before we fly back home (airport transport will be nice, that last night) so that's taken care of, too (for a mere 20k points). All from a single SUB (plus the regular spend, of course). Not too shabby for the $95 AF so I'll take it! Probably zero use for Hilton after this, though!

It's very easy to cancel the reservation. Just click a button on the reservation in your account. As for speculatively buying 100,000 for $500, I can't comment. It'll depend on if you have use for those points if you decide to not go on this trip. Will you have another use for these points "worth" $500? I will say that I have looked at various Conrad properties (not London specifically) and reward rooms are hard to come by.
Thanks. I often have issues/confilcting feelings when thinking about using points. I can get a nice airbnb for $900-$1000 for those 4 nights, and find somewhere else to use up my free weekend night. I guess I will wait until our plans are more set and then see if the reward nights are still available.

Sorry, forgot our language’s love for superfluous silent consonants.
I’m not really a good Pittsburgh “advice giver”. I don’t tour my own city much.

The T has very limited stops. 2 on the North Shore and 3 downtown. The good news is all of that is free so staying in town or downtown is best. There’s also a stop over at Station Square but then you have to pay to ride. But it’s not a lot $2.50 each way. If you want to ride the incline and see the view you’d end up over there anyways.

Does she get purple cupcakes to go with the winning team?
She picked pink for the cake and purple icing. She will he making the icing soon and decorating with pinks, purples , teal, silver. She picked everything out!

Just got an email that SW is giving e A-List through June 30, 2020 for being a valuable customer. I have 4 flights in that window.

What benefits do I get? Boarding between the A and the B group?
it will start at A16 and automatically check you in. A1-15 are for to those paying

Yea I went through that as well so I understand nixing mcgc there. But if they continue to load at DG I'll risk them. If you don't completely drain the mcgc it won't have the issue with serve at DG. Loading 199.99 out of 200 back then worked fine.
Well flyertalk confirmed mcgc is a no go.

"Can confirm that MCG is also a no go at DG. Same error as I listed above, except replaced with MC debit. I’m lucky to have at least 3-4 FD locations close to me, but this will surely complicate liquidation for many."

Yet another biggish earthquake in Puerto Rico this morning. I'm getting concerned about my Disney cruise. We leave out of San Juan... We fly down on 1/31.
I am just so sad for Puerto Rico :sad1:
I know, me too, it is a lot on top of everything else :(

Can @smallsy borrow your helmet for that? I think one is required along with a love of poptarts. And we know he is not giving up his favorite chair.
Wouldn't hurt to mention your love for the Muppets
I read the offer T&C's and it reads as 5k total but a client of mine called in for a match (she just applied using an inflight offer link I grabbed for her in Dec) and was told it is 6k total. I told her to HUCA and read them the offer terms if she got the 6k nonsense again.
Could you let me know if she is successful?

Did you mean the Pittsburg in Florida, California, or Texas?

Oh sorry - can’t help, I live in Pittsburgh... 😛
Your day is coming, and oh what a fun day that will be. Probably one of those late nights when your brain starts powering down before you sign off.

Looking for any words of wisdom, please. I have a reluctant P2 but he agreed to try for the SW CP for 20/21.

- 10/19 P2 was approved for the SW Performance Biz: just met spend and points are showing as pending for next statement.
- 12/19 P2 was denied for the SW Priority personal card for "not enough cards". This was actually a bit of a blow to his ego since we're well-established financially, he has an 800+ credit score, salary is good, no late payments, etc. We apparently just made a tactical error over the 25 years of our marriage by having me apply for most credit cards and adding him as an AU (I do all the finances for the household so it seemed to make sense. Who knew we'd want to start churning?)
- 01/20 We decided to regroup and P2 applied for the SW Priority Biz this week (31 days after the last app) and we're getting the 7-10 message on the app status line. I assume he'll get his denial letter this week.

It seems like he needs to somehow get approved for his own credit card, but not sure how to make that happen if the reason he can't get approved is because he doesn't have enough cards. Any advice? Should he try a different Chase card or go a different route altogether (e.g Citi or Cap One or something)? We don't want to totally give up hope on the CP so would love to be able to get him a Chase SW approval of some sort this year. The good news is the CP would just be nice to have, and isn't a make or break situation for our travel plans. As a side note, he is at 2/24 if you count the SW Performance Biz (do Biz cards count for that?) and his AU status on a CSP I got in 09/19. Meanwhile, I've got pre-approved offers coming to me in the mail nearly every day and the poor guy can't get himself one measly card.

Thanks so much. You guys know so much and are so helpful!

Can I have a little Universal ticket handholding please?

I'm going to buy our tickets from UCT (e-tickets). The website says
"E-Tickets – Go straight to the gate and onto the rides. You may scan your E-ticket barcode from your phone for admission; no need to print anything out. You must present a valid photo ID or credit card matching the lead guest name for identity verification at the gate."

So I scan the barcode from the email? Or do tickets get added to the Universal app? And I would scan both dh's and my tickets?

:thanks:

I don't know about the app, but last time I went to universal I scanned the email bar code at the gate. Originally tried to scan a screen shot of the email, and it wouldn't work. They had me open the email and scan that instead.

I read the offer T&C's and it reads as 5k total but a client of mine called in for a match (she just applied using an inflight offer link I grabbed for her in Dec) and was told it is 6k total. I told her to HUCA and read them the offer terms if she got the 6k nonsense again.
DP for your client, I received the following this afternoon.
Once you receive the 50,000 bonus points after meeting the spend requirement of $2,000 on your original offer, we will then add the additional 25,000 bonus points once you meet the required spend of $5,000 within six months of account opening.

I have not tried to pay with a card with a live person but online and automated is checks. It is a USDA loan.
Honestly, our scores are low 600-depending on the agency, hubs lost his job 3 years ago amd we had a few items in collections.
I’m not familiar with what cards are options when you are in a ‘rebuilding your credit’ stage but I’m thinking you will need to be at least a 650 credit score for anything from chase. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t know. Maybe someone else here has experience to offer.

DP for your client, I received the following this afternoon.
Once you receive the 50,000 bonus points after meeting the spend requirement of $2,000 on your original offer, we will then add the additional 25,000 bonus points once you meet the required spend of $5,000 within six months of account opening.
I know she called again and they told her she would know if they matched the offer for her when her statement dropped. Okay :faint:

Looks like I need to make my way to NYC this summer:
The first official Harry Potter flagship store will open summer 2020 in NYC. The three story 20,000+ square foot store will house the largest collection of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts products in the world under one roof. Road trip!
I told Dh we might need to fly ourselves and the baby there this fall lol. Neither of us have been to New York so it could be a fun weekend or short trip to take

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter