I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have been to Hawaii, I am looking for some luau recommendations. We'll be in Maui for 5 days and then staying at Aulani for 5 days. After my research I'm leaning towards:

a) Drums of the Pacific Luau at the Hyatt Regency (Maui). We'll be staying there for 2 nights.
b) The luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center (Oahu)
c) No luau

DH and I have been to a luau before and could skip it this time, but my kids (4 and 6) really want to see the fire dancers. I could book both of the luaus mentioned above with UR points.

Thanks for any advice!
I've never been to the Hyatt Regency but I didn't really like the PCC luau. We loved the 'Aha'aina luau at the Royal Hawaiian. Wanted to do the Aulani one too but you do eventually reach a limit of time & luaus :p

For those that have been to Hawaii, I am looking for some luau recommendations. We'll be in Maui for 5 days and then staying at Aulani for 5 days. After my research I'm leaning towards:

a) Drums of the Pacific Luau at the Hyatt Regency (Maui). We'll be staying there for 2 nights.
c) No luau

DH and I have been to a luau before and could skip it this time, but my kids (4 and 6) really want to see the fire dancers. I could book both of the luaus mentioned above with UR points.

Thanks for any advice!
we stayed in Maui at Marriott Wailea.... they did a luau a few nights that week on the lawn near the Grand(?).... we just wandered over the beach path,sat in the chairs by the little campfire pit and relaxed and watched the show a bit.... no one in my fam would want to watch the whole thing anyway,so I just enjoyed it from afar (for free) which was fine for me....(I honestly didn't watch it all,it was long lol)

I spent some time this weekend trying to figure out how to get my family (DH, two youngest kiddos, and myself) to Hawaii next summer (2021) on points. I have a little over 100k AA miles right now, and will hopefully have the SW CP and around 100k+ RR points by the time I can book. Looking 11 months out I was able to find economy one-way flights on AA from Wichita (my home airport) for 19k AA points. It looks like if my DH were to sign up for the two personal AA cards (Citi and Barclay), he could earn 100k+ in AA points in SUB's (he will not get biz cards), and between the two of us we'd have enough AA points for round trip (assuming the points costs don't change dramatically in the next seven months or so).

So, to get to my question - with all the scary stuff going on with Citi right now, do you think that's a bad idea? It doesn't seem like that's breaking any rules, right? As a back-up, I could possibly get a personal Citi card, although I don't really want to use a 5/24 spot on that. I could also use SW if needed, although I kind of prefer to save my SW points for FL trips Any other ideas on flights or Hawaii in general? Thanks for any suggestions!

@SouthFayetteFan and @gottalovepluto have been following the sAAga and might have better insight. This might be a discussion better had over in our secret place.

In case anyone is interested, I (DH) got the SW personal card (low annual fee, can't keep all their names straight) for the 40000 miles with 1K spend. Hit that the first day, then shortly after the other offer came out with an additional 35K RR for 5K spend. I SM'd chase last week to match that offer and they said to yes and to reply to that message when I've hit the MSR. :cool1: Between the 80K biz RR, these 75K and the CP, we'll be flying free on SW for a while.

Has anyone called Chase to try to change your card to the CSR? The annual fee is still listed at $450

c) No luau

Thanks for any advice!
We did Ka Moana Luau at Sea Life Park. We very much enjoyed it, not that we have anything to compare it to though. We had purchased Go Oahu cards to cover all of our activities and it completely covered Luau.

United can have some good last minute saver deals, I’ve been tracking United to Europe for almost 2 years and the best time to book is a few weeks out during the school year. Have you learned about the excursionist perk? If not, google it. United can be a great deal.
We are looking at going the end of May. United has 30K Economy Saver fares. It would take us 240,000 for round trip + about $550 in fees.

Thanks for all the replies about if I should get up at 4 am to book FP. I counted 5 yays and 2 nays. So I guess I'm getting up at 4, lol. :faint:

The plan is just me and the kids, no DH. Just thinking what if at the last minute, he decides to come. I read somewhere that guest services was able to copy over all the FPs. Has anyone asked them to do that? Wondering how likely that it or more a pixie dust thing.

Thanks for all the replies about if I should get up at 4 am to book FP. I counted 5 yays and 2 nays. So I guess I'm getting up at 4, lol. :faint:

The plan is just me and the kids, no DH. Just thinking what if at the last minute, he decides to come. I read somewhere that guest services was able to copy over all the FPs. Has anyone asked them to do that? Wondering how likely that it or more a pixie dust thing.
I will add a Yay to that.

Hi guys! I'm way, way behind but dh and I are taking a little trip for our anniversary next weekend. We're staying at the Boulders Resort in Phoenix with our Aspire free nights and I'm wondering, can we buy a gc at the front desk to use up our resort credits? TIA!
Yes if your resort carries them!

If you try, I'd love to know whether this works for you. Also would love to hear if anyone else has tried and had success (or not).

Any DP on how long to wait before cancelling an existing SW personal card and applying for a new one and being eligible for the SUB? Is it an overnight kind of thing or do you need to allow more time for Chase to see you don't have an existing card? I'm seeing conflicting reports online. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter