I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WendiDarling AMEX treats Cash Back and MR separately. The everyday card is similar to the BCE that gives out MR.
@Judique I tried to check my account at Navy Fed yesterday and the whole system was down, then it wouldn't accept fingerprints or passcodes, I had to use Username/Password. They emailed me yesterday afternoon to tell me my "stimulus" was scheduled to be deposited on New Years Day. So I guess my wife's Feb WDW trip will be paid for on Monday.

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! Last day to purchase Hilton points for double the yearly number they allow and with 100% bonus points added. That means you can get 320k total. It works out to .005 cpp. I’ve used Hilton points for redemptions in an overwater bungalow in the Maldives. The bungalows can run over $1300 a night and be booked for 95k HH points. Currently we are in Key Largo at Baker’s Cay for New Year’s Eve and my birthday which is New Year’s day. When I booked this stay the price was $6,382.58 for 5 nights. We are using 60k points per night and the 5th night is free. That’s a 2.66 cpp value. I am thinking I may pull the trigger and buy points. I’ve got an MSR to finish up on my CIU so I can inch closer to that and get 1.5 UR per dollar in the process. When things are normal again. I’d love to go back to the Maldives. In any case, I have no doubt I’d get more value than what it costs me.

Last edited:
For those who got the no AF Biz Plat, how were you able to tell from the email? I see an email offer in DH’s.

There's no way to be certain by looking at the email. Right after you apply and are approved you can see the membership agreement online and there it will either show no annual fee for the first year or $595. I believe to date all of the offers received via email have had the annual fee waived the 1st year (despite not stating so in the email). Presumably this was unintended but even after the 1st statement has closed the annual fee has not posted. The folks getting the annual fee are the ones seeing the offer when logged into their amex account (not the emailed offer).

@WendiDarling AMEX treats Cash Back and MR separately. The everyday card is similar to the BCE that gives out MR.
@Judique I tried to check my account at Navy Fed yesterday and the whole system was down, then it wouldn't accept fingerprints or passcodes, I had to use Username/Password. They emailed me yesterday afternoon to tell me my "stimulus" was scheduled to be deposited on New Years Day. So I guess my wife's Feb WDW trip will be paid for on Monday.

I could see daughters yesterday morning with a Jan 1 date. I was trying to get in later on Edge and it told me 3 or 4 times that my user name and password were incorrect. That apparently generated enough calls to swamp them as they eventually put a message up.

I was able to easily get in on Chrome but needed 2 step verification. My federal and state pensions get deposited so I was looking for my 'raise' lol.

Happy New Years everyone! Just realized we are on a new thread. 2021 - here we come!

Last edited:
Checking in to the new thread. Thanks @SouthFayetteFan for the refresh.

The fam’s in quarantine this New Year. DH tested + on Tuesday. So I couldn’t go anywhere for gift cards this week. Ended up buying an Amazon egc with my Amex gold using the +8mr offer since it expires today. I also appreciate whoever mentioned using vgc on college tuition. I hadn’t thought of that and I have a smallish stack of $200’s from November I hadn’t used yet. It’ll be easier to liquidate that way than driving out of my way to a family dollar now that I’m skittish on trying at Walmart. Can do this from home as well!

Copying and pasting my last question from earlier in the week since it didn’t get an answer then.

Got a question for eBay sellers...

I’ve been stepping up my small biz on eBay this fall and now into winter. I had my CF set up to pay for shipping my merch through PayPal until I hit my $1500 (not even mostly shipping for that total! My biz is not that big) then recently switched my card in PayPal to default to my Amex Bonvoy biz in order to pay those shipping charges. But I’m not getting 4x points - only 2x, so apparently any Amex card won’t be the best for eBay shipping? What card does everyone use for this for the most value? CIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter