I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel really bad asking- no worries if no one replies, but if anyone with DVC access could check availability for Riviera resort:
1 or 2 bedroom
11/21-11/26 or
12/5-12/10

Again, I hate to inconvenience anyone. Thanks.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-yet another drive you would be happy for me NOT to do. 🤣🤣

I won't do it. I can't hold my breath that long. Been taking the long way around for a few years now.

I used to drive it with no issues. But one day on a return trip, the bridge police had to drive me over it.

There is now a company that you can arrange in advance to drive your car over.

We just got back from our WDW trip and we are tired but so happy! We've never been in the Spring before and it was really nice to have the weather be slightly cooler than our usual early September trips. Our twin girls turned 6 on Tuesday, and it was so fun celebrating their birthday at AK and them getting to ride FOP and Everest for the first time. It was also our first time flying there since we normally drive, and that's in part due to you lovely folks so a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to my CC fam here! We flew on SW points and DH's CP for me. The kids all did great, and other than a delayed flight last night (they're probably falling asleep in class as I type this, oops 🤪 ) everything went really well. My picture keeps posting sideways so hopefully this link works:
Castle Pic

Beautiful family picture!

So I had to google Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Awesome! I don't have much fear driving bridges or mountains. Looks like many of you would not like the Coronado Bridge. I found that awesome as well!

If we switch to mountain driving, I was in Colorado in 2019 and drove a few passes for scenic drives. I was doing Independence Pass. I had read where people had issues with it. I am driving along thinking it is not too bad, lots of switchbacks, hair pin turns and then I get closer to the top where it really does narrow to 1 or 1.5 lanes and it is not easy to see if something is coming the other way. I'll admit it was slightly white knuckles for a period. Good to do once in a lifetime!

Trying not to freak out too much. Just paid the final payment on the rental in HHI. Somehow it is showing as pending 3x on DH's BOA biz card. So $2400 too much! I am hoping it gets straightened out by itself. I do not want to ask DH to call.

I won't do it. I can't hold my breath that long. Been taking the long way around for a few years now.

I used to drive it with no issues. But one day on a return trip, the bridge police had to drive me over it.

My dad remembers when they built the bridge as he was in engineering school. He took us to visit it in the 80s and I took my family in 2010. Yes, we detoured to go there - civil engineer nerd here.

Wait, I just looked it up to remind myself of it - are you talking about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel or the Chesapeake Bay Bridge? I was thinking of the bridge tunnel that we thought was so cool! Now, I'm curious about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and will have to try and drive over it this summer even though I may have to close my eyes :)

So I had to google Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Awesome! I don't have much fear driving bridges or mountains. Looks like many of you would not like the Coronado Bridge. I found that awesome as well!

If we switch to mountain driving, I was in Colorado in 2019 and drove a few passes for scenic drives. I was doing Independence Pass. I had read where people had issues with it. I am driving along thinking it is not too bad, lots of switchbacks, hair pin turns and then I get closer to the top where it really does narrow to 1 or 1.5 lanes and it is not easy to see if something is coming the other way. I'll admit it was slightly white knuckles for a period. Good to do once in a lifetime!

Glad you can do it! I'm a member of quite a large group that won't drive across that bridge!

There are actually people who commute across it daily who won't drive it and pay to have someone drive their car across.

I'm at the point where I don't even want someone else driving me across.

My dad remembers when they built the bridge as he was in engineering school. He took us to visit it in the 80s and I took my family in 2010. Yes, we detoured to go there - civil engineer nerd here.

Wait, I just looked it up to remind myself of it - are you talking about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel or the Chesapeake Bay Bridge? I was thinking of the bridge tunnel that we thought was so cool! Now, I'm curious about the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and will have to try and drive over it this summer even though I may have to close my eyes :)

We were talking Bay Bridge (4 and 1/2 miles long), but the Bridge Tunnel (27 miles?) ( looked it up - 17.6 miles shore to shore) is pretty interesting also.

Editing to add: Chesapeake Bay Bridge is in Maryland. Chesapeake Bridge Tunnel is in Virginia.

Last edited:
count me in the group who is not a fan of crazy bridges. But the worse for me, was getting stuck in traffic on the bridge that was parallel to the 35w bridge in Mpls after it fell. Sitting in stopped traffic, feeling it bounce, while looking at the other bridge sitting in the river was incredibly unnerving.

My DH who can drive anywhere is a white knuckled mess driving over the bridge. He doesn’t like heights. I’m not allowed to talk to him while going over. Lol. My problem is I like to look and see. So while I’m driving I make everyone else nervous while I’m trying to peer over the side. Lol. “Mom - keep your eyes on the road!” Though I really don’t like it when I get in the far left lanes, which are the EasyPass ones and I end up on the other side going against traffic. That makes me nervous with the cars coming at me.

One other drive that had DH nervous was driving through Grand Staircase Escalante in Utah. With drop offs and being high up and me once again saying oh look! Once again I get a stop talking. Lol. And then in the middle of all that he gets a bloody nose. So he is trying to white knuckle the drive while holding tissues to his nose with nowhere to stop. Ds and DH both had nonstop bloody noses in Utah.

I swear Disney tech hates me. I have been trying for days to update my email address with them, both on the website and app, keep getting a 'system is down' message. I get this repeatedly. Tried calling, it said an 80 minute wait. No thanks. DH goes on and it takes his update immediately. I try the app again, and nope, system not working.

It is really windy here today. Both our cars are on the street, since the garage is still full of junk from the move to be sorted and put somewhere. Hope no tree limbs fall on them!

Does anyone know whether it works to stack the Amex Platinum Saks credit and the PayPal credit? I just saw that if I use shop runner I can pay via PayPal.

Does anyone know whether it works to stack the Amex Platinum Saks credit and the PayPal credit? I just saw that if I use shop runner I can pay via PayPal.
lol that's a lot like the question I asked here a few days ago (no replies to it yet):
Has anyone tried using their Plat to pay at Sak's via Paypal? Do you get both the $50 credit PLUS the $30 Paypal credit?

Saks is 10% back on Topcashback right now, and you can activate an extra $2.50 on that portal for this weekend, and Saks has a promo code going right now "STYLE21SF". But I've already used all my PayPal credits for the month so I can't experiment. Keep us posted if you go for it! I'm hoping TCB stays at 10% through tomorrow.

My DH who can drive anywhere is a white knuckled mess driving over the bridge. He doesn’t like heights. I’m not allowed to talk to him while going over. Lol. My problem is I like to look and see. So while I’m driving I make everyone else nervous while I’m trying to peer over the side. Lol. “Mom - keep your eyes on the road!” Though I really don’t like it when I get in the far left lanes, which are the EasyPass ones and I end up on the other side going against traffic. That makes me nervous with the cars coming at me.

One other drive that had DH nervous was driving through Grand Staircase Escalante in Utah. With drop offs and being high up and me once again saying oh look! Once again I get a stop talking. Lol. And then in the middle of all that he gets a bloody nose. So he is trying to white knuckle the drive while holding tissues to his nose with nowhere to stop. Ds and DH both had nonstop bloody noses in Utah.

That's exactly how I get when I'm in the white knuckle situation. "Stop talking!!!"

And traveling with older daughter's friend who 'can't' stop talking, I'm demanding stop talking and trying to apologize at the same time.

There's probably a pill for this.

lol that's a lot like the question I asked here a few days ago (no replies to it yet):

Saks is 10% back on Topcashback right now, and you can activate an extra $2.50 on that portal for this weekend, and Saks has a promo code going right now "STYLE21SF". But I've already used all my PayPal credits for the month so I can't experiment. Keep us posted if you go for it!
View attachment 571656
Yep, I was going to take advantage of that and the rakuten 10x. I may go for it tomorrow when May hits, but if someone knows let me know!

Oops. Sorry for the second post, in addition to the Saks/Paypal stack question, I was also wondering whether anyone has used the $200 off at home stores for the Platinum. Mine is supposed to come with that, but I haven't used it yet and was wondering whether it has to be furnishings or whether it can be other things (i.e. I may try the Dyson hairdryer from Bed, Bath and Beyond if that will trigger the credit).

Saks is 10% back on Topcashback right now, and you can activate an extra $2.50 on that portal for this weekend, and Saks has a promo code going right now "STYLE21SF". But I've already used all my PayPal credits for the month so I can't experiment. Keep us posted if you go for it! I'm hoping TCB stays at 10% through tomorrow.

View attachment 571656
Not direct Saks experience, but PayPal credit DID NOT stack with the Home Depot offer. I only received the PayPal credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter