I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to you all, I applied for the CSP last Thursday morning and was approved. I was hoping to buy gift cards to meet my MS at grocery stores and home improvement stores to take advantage of the additional 25% when I PYB. However, the card didn't show up yet and that additional amount appears to be ending today. Do they just rotate to new categories tomorrow? Or was that a special offer? Do they ever extend the categories? I am still happy that I will be able to take about $800 off my statement with PYB, but I was hoping for that extra boost to make it $1050.

(apologies if I messed up the abbreviations!)

Does anyone know whether it works to stack the Amex Platinum Saks credit and the PayPal credit? I just saw that if I use shop runner I can pay via PayPal.
I always use shoprunner for the Saks Plat credit and it always triggers the Saks credit. However, my Shoprunner is linked directly to the Plat card. It posts as “SAKSFIFTHAVENUE.com” and doesn’t indicate Shoprunner at all.

So, my guess is it likely wouldn’t trigger the Paypal credit, but I guess it would trigger the Saks credit.

Thanks to you all, I applied for the CSP last Thursday morning and was approved. I was hoping to buy gift cards to meet my MS at grocery stores and home improvement stores to take advantage of the additional 25% when I PYB. However, the card didn't show up yet and that additional amount appears to be ending today. Do they just rotate to new categories tomorrow? Or was that a special offer? Do they ever extend the categories? I am still happy that I will be able to take about $800 off my statement with PYB, but I was hoping for that extra boost to make it $1050.

(apologies if I messed up the abbreviations!)
You’ll still be able to cash out $1,050, you just won’t earn 2pt/$ at grocery store.

You’ll still be able to cash out $1,050, you just won’t earn 2pt/$ at grocery store.

Thanks! I still have a lot to learn. I have asked to join the Dischurners on reddit, too. I try to keep up with this thread, but I have noticed it can jump dozens of posts in a few hours! I'm grateful for the resources and how responsive you all are, because reading ALL of this is daunting.

I couldn't resist the photo op amd took Dude to see the weinermobile that was in town today. First time seeing it up close. I've seen it on the freeway before as well as the goldfishmobile which is just as awesome.

Attachments

• 20210430_111914_HDR.jpg
    20210430_111914_HDR.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 26
I couldn't resist the photo op amd took Dude to see the weinermobile that was in town today. First time seeing it up close. I've seen it on the freeway before as well as the goldfishmobile which is just as awesome.
ALL STOP.

THERE IS A GOLDFISHMOBILE?!!

ETA- just realizing this is my first post since I went MIA around here for like 2 weeks for vacay (wdw)... obviously I’m only here to talk about the finer points of churning. Now to churn a trip to find this goldfishmobile! 😂 (just looked up a pic and it has sunglasses!! That’s adorable!)

Last edited:
ALL STOP.

THERE IS A GOLDFISHMOBILE?!!

Yes! I saw it driving home from SF after spring semester, somewhere on I5 I think in southern OR. Well before camera phones, it was so cool. Apparently from this blog there's also a hershey kissmobile.

ETA reading another blog post, ok apparently I was just driving home from San Jose for some reason as it was only in 2002 and I was between college degrees at that point.

The Pepperidge Farm Miles of Smiles mobile marketing tour brought smiles to people of all ages all over the country in 2002. The 13-foot high, 22-foot long Goldfish Mobile had plenty of cargo space to haul samples, toys, and games and drew a crowd at every stop.

Attachments

• Prototype-Source.jpg
    Prototype-Source.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 11
Since it has a 90 day look back period, I'm assuming that on May 1 the eligible charges will have a new expiration date.

This is just my assumption on what would be logical logistically, if they just look at eligible category charges that haven't been marked as redeemed already.

Not sure for sure because they didn't do this the last time they extended the categories. I'm hoping this is what happens as I'm waiting on some points to post May 1 and it'd be nice to quickly cash out without having to spend again.
Yay, I was right. Chase Sapphire PYB categories updated and as I assumed the Dining, Grocery and Home Improvement show 9/30 expirations and purchases from the last 90 days are still there.

They also added a new category *for CSR cardholders* - the Annual Fee!

Annual membership fee
50% more points value
Valid until 12/31/21

My CF, CFU, CIC, and CIU show the same as before - Charities (12/31/2021) and Lyft vaccine ride donation (9/30/2021). Don't have a CIP anymore to see if anything good happened there.

ETA: the bummer news that it looks like AF redemption is only for the Reserve card.

Last edited:
I upgraded my Amex gold to platinum the other day. Just realized yesterday I could use the Paypal credit for April! Ordered the stuff in my shopping cart at target for $35. Glad I remembered before April ended.

Does the Charles Schwab platinum have the PayPal credit too?

Good find. That may give them their out!

Ah, okay, that would be a great DP. Definitely no problem spending more than $80, LOL. I just want to make sure I get the Saks credit. That's the big one. The PayPal is easier to use. I'm actually thinking I can use it for a Mother's Day gift so that will be nice.
Yep, it definitely works. That’s how I justified the Tory Burch swimsuit purchase. $40 for $200 suit.

Last edited:
Yay, I was right. Chase Sapphire PYB categories updated and as I assumed the Dining, Grocery and Home Improvement show 9/30 expirations and purchases from the last 90 days are still there.

They also added a new category - the Annual Fee!

Annual membership fee
50% more points value
Valid until 12/31/21

My CF, CFU, CIC, and CIU show the same as before - Charities (12/31/2021) and Lyft vaccine ride donation (9/30/2021). Don't have a CIP anymore to see if anything good happened there.
That is great! I am still on the fence if I want to keep my CSP another year or PC to CSR. It’s very nice to have the extra points for the AF on either.

They also added a new category - the Annual Fee!

Annual membership fee
50% more points value
Valid until 12/31/21

I don't have the Annual Fee option - just paid it last month or the month before.

I don't have the Annual Fee option - just paid it last month or the month before.
Well poo, why would they only give it to Reserve holders? :confused3

That is great! I am still on the fence if I want to keep my CSP another year or PC to CSR. It’s very nice to have the extra points for the AF on either.

I guess check your UR portal on the CSP to see if it's even an option. I assumed it'd be all Sapphires but maybe not. It was the 5th option under Featured Redemption categories

Screenshot_20210501-082502.png

Well poo, why would they only give it to Reserve holders? :confused3

I guess check your UR portal on the CSP to see if it's even an option. I assumed it'd be all Sapphires but maybe not. It was the 5th option under Featured Redemption categories

View attachment 571754

So, different tack on this: If - big 'if' - I were to upgrade my card in November, could I conceivably have this as an option and pay annual fee, get reimbursed at 1.50 and still get all the CSR benefits such as $300 credit twice, etc? I think it would be very close in timing as the risk would be that the annual fee wouldn't post until January? Hmmmm.......

Gave it some more thought and this could be an idea for someone with an upcoming fee and a lot of UR's they want to redeem at the higher rate. My UR stash is pretty much going to Hyatt and I think I'm further ahead if I stay with that strategy right now. Although it was tempting to cash out for Disney gift cards to pay my DVC dues when 2022's bill comes in December!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter