I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a lot to catch up on, LOL

20 spins for me on AA and 15 for dh. Only got something on 2 spins total. Hmph LOL.

Whoever mentioned always cleaning the office, I TOTALLY relate. I sit in here every single day all day, and then my personal computer is in here to so I do personal stuff in here. It's always a mess. I declutter, and a couple days later, it's a disaster again. It's also the storage spot for upcoming events. For both kids grad parties, it filled up with stuff for the months leading up to them. For her leaving for college, him buying a house, upcoming vacations, yep, it all gets stacked in here. I swear when he bought his house, I could barely even walk through here LOL. And it seems everytime that event is done, and I get my floor back, another one happens. She is moving out in June, so here we go again.

I'm the dirty office person. I'm hoping my $400 in VGC is hidden somewhere in the mess.

It's on the floor under/behind your passenger seat ... Get a flashlight and look under the passenger seat from the back door

Didn't look there, but my school bag is never in the back seat. I'll look though....

Or between the seat and the center console.

Looked about 57 times there, LOL

I have found many things there, or next to passenger seat (between door/seat) especially DSs masks.

Sadly not there either, GRRRRR!

Thanks for the reminder! 75 spins with zero wins :(

I wonder if frequent flyers have better "luck"? I haven't flown AA for about 5 years

I fly AA about 3 times a year. I think I've hit 4k, and a few 40's.

Have you considered paying your taxes by credit card to get SUB’s then using the money saved to pay off the credit card?

That's the plan, but my taxes aren't due until September. I'll likely try for a CIC, or CIU, or something.

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Marco Island? I can’t decide what to do for the July 4th week. It’s either Isle of Palms, Wild Dunes Resort driving, Hilton Marco Island and Hyatt Centric Key West, fly into Ft. Myers and out of Miami, Hyatt Regency Aruba.

I did in Feb....what you looking for?

Okay that was a FAST read.....and I hope I caught everything, LOL

Oh for the scared Bridge people...have you ever done Mackinaw? I HATE HATE HATE it....as I feel like the grates always pull my car. Add in the fact a Yugo blew off the bridge when I was a kid....that is one bridge I panic on. Inside lanes, have the grates. Outside lane I'm paranoid I'll blow over, LOL

Probably 4. The biz green doesn't count. The personal green probably counts, unless it's older then it might not.
He got the personal Green when they changed it.

We went through the CIC MSR faster than anticipated, and looking at opening the Hilton Biz for him (already looking at Japan for 2023). He should be okay, because the limit increased to 5?

He got the personal Green when they changed it.

We went through the CIC MSR faster than anticipated, and looking at opening the Hilton Biz for him (already looking at Japan for 2023). He should be okay, because the limit increased to 5?

I think the automated approval for 5 is live, so he should be good to go.

The date I saw for the personal green to count seems to coincide with the refresh. But DPs are clear as mud.

I got a lot to catch up on, LOL

I'm the dirty office person. I'm hoping my $400 in VGC is hidden somewhere in the mess.

Didn't look there, but my school bag is never in the back seat. I'll look though....

Looked about 57 times there, LOL

Sadly not there either, GRRRRR!

I fly AA about 3 times a year. I think I've hit 4k, and a few 40's.

That's the plan, but my taxes aren't due until September. I'll likely try for a CIC, or CIU, or something.

I did in Feb....what you looking for?

Okay that was a FAST read.....and I hope I caught everything, LOL

Oh for the scared Bridge people...have you ever done Mackinaw? I HATE HATE HATE it....as I feel like the grates always pull my car. Add in the fact a Yugo blew off the bridge when I was a kid....that is one bridge I panic on. Inside lanes, have the grates. Outside lane I'm paranoid I'll blow over, LOL
I was just looking for feedback on it since I’d exploring going there for vacation and would be taking DS14.

I might be doing a very last minute trip this weekend with my sister to either Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA. I've never been to either one. Any hotel or restaurant recommendations? Any strong opinions on one over the other for a weekend?

Does anyone have a review of Universal resorts club level? I read on a celiac group that they are very accommodating of dietary restrictions with advance notice. Just wondering overall about value, quality, etc. It seems like it could be very convenient for us if we book a room with no kitchen.

I might be doing a very last minute trip this weekend with my sister to either Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA. I've never been to either one. Any hotel or restaurant recommendations? Any strong opinions on one over the other for a weekend?

i went to Savannah, GA last week. Its a very historic town with a lot of history but i had no idea who and what. I wished i had more time to explore it(we only had the morning to explore) so we just did a quick bus tour. Theres An Hyatt Andaz and Hyatt Regency there that looked pretty nice, the Andaz looks super nice and it sits by the market place. We ate at Sorry Charlie's Oyster Bar, it was tasty. The tour ppl recommended it... they will tell u where to eat. I think there is another place called the Pirate House that was also recommended.

the bus tour also offers on and off passes so you can hop off a stop to explore the specific area... just be careful when you find the bus company again because there are like 10 different buses going around. We went with the white bus called the Old Savannah tours since that was the first one that invited us in on the other side of the bus parking area.

Fun little town... i do feel like its a college town though, SCAD seems to be EVERYWHERE there... We stayed very south Savannah in a towne place suite, i didnt like it but for $155 for a 2 bedroom suite, it was a good bang for your buck.

Looking for recommendations on which downtown Denver Hyatt to choose. DS and I are heading in for the weekend Brewers v Rockies series in June.

I thank you in advance!

Honestly, they're close enough together that you could do both. We prefer Savannah for historic charm (although they're both great!) and Charleston for beach. So I'd say it depends on what you're looking for. We've done plenty of weekend trips where we do Charleston one day (beach, Rainbow Row, and city market) then Savannah the next day for strolling the historic streets, river, etc.

I was just looking for feedback on it since I’d exploring going there for vacation and would be taking DS14.

I liked it. I really enjoyed the fact you got a beach chair (well 2) and an umbrella with your resort fee. The beach was good. The pool was large enough and there was a hot tub. You get vouchers for their quick breakfast (which we chose) or the restaurant. Room was decent. I didn't get an upgrade, but we had a decent view of the ocean and it was fairly large (we had a 2 queen). Paying for parking wasn't fun, LOL. But I was always able to get a pretty good spot in the lot (not too far away). We only had a day there, so we didn't get to explore too much.

I just went to Charleston in Jan to visit my friend. She works for Hilton, so we stayed at the DoubleTree or Embassy Suites (not sure which) that was the former Citadel dorms. She used to work at the Hampton Inn just next door. If you're a foodie, there's lots for you to enjoy. Since she's a local, she gave me a condensed tour. We hit Rainbow Road, the Park, the Pineapple Fountain, etc. Walking through the neighborhoods, we got to hear some of the architecture tours as they went by (I'm a HS architecture teacher, so that was fun). There is a trolley you can take around to the different places for free. We also hit Folley Beach and Isle of Palms. Folley Beach we bar hopped around which was fun. I liked that you could have so many different aspects, there's beach, there's history, there's architecture, there's food, etc.

Okay I need some help. We’re planning to visit family in Iowa in June or July. Our original plan was to fly but he hates being in a car seat and we aren’t sure we feel comfortable with everything going on. But we’ve never driven an rv before. It would be an 18 hr 30 min drive without stops. We talked about stopping along the way at aquariums or something fun like that. I just have no idea what to expect with a 12 month in an rv for that long. Idk how naps and bedtime will go. Will it be awful? Would we be better off flying?

Dd and I spent 2 nights in Savannah last year. We stayed at the Perry Lane (a Marriott property) and I would highly recommend it. It's a short walk to all the shops and restaurants and a very nice property with an impressive rooftop bar. We did a Trolly Tour, which was informative. On Saturday morning I walked to an outdoor farmer's market, which was really nice (buy some GA peaches -- so so good!). We both REALLY enjoyed Savannah and I hope to visit again at some point.

Okay I need some help. We’re planning to visit family in Iowa in June or July. Our original plan was to fly but he hates being in a car seat and we aren’t sure we feel comfortable with everything going on. But we’ve never driven an rv before. It would be an 18 hr 30 min drive without stops. We talked about stopping along the way at aquariums or something fun like that. I just have no idea what to expect with a 12 month in an rv for that long. Idk how naps and bedtime will go. Will it be awful? Would we be better off flying?
I would totally fly, specially if he hates being in a car seat, that would mean he would 2 days (each way in a car seat). Or are you saying he wouldn't be in a car seat if you drove an RV? And we never used a car seat on an airplane.

I would totally fly, specially if he hates being in a car seat, that would mean he would 2 days (each way in a car seat). Or are you saying he wouldn't be in a car seat if you drove an RV? And we never used a car seat on an airplane.
Yeah the car seat part wasn’t in our thoughts at all. For some reason we thought he could just play in the rv while we drive but obviously that’s not safe. Guess we’ll just have to tough it out with flying

Just fly. He can be a lap infant, take advatage of it.

Plus I would look up what rv laws are. He almost certainly still has to be buckled in a car seat so then you've just made the time in it way longer.

My home office is also the "stash" room. Stuff to donate, papers, suitcases pre/post trip, kids hand me down piles. Always a mess!
I think I can make any and all feel better, about office mess. LOL. I swear, type B and ADHD means my whole house is a cluster! My mom has tried to come over and organize but finally she's realized at 44, this is just how I roll, :rotfl2: Mind you, my office is like 9x10. So I cram a LOT into a tiny space, LOL.....somewhere in this mess I hope there is $400, LOL.

I work on a university campus and love it. It keeps you in tune with the younger generations and is alot of fun. At the same time, you keep getting older and the kids are always 18-22 so you start to become acutely aware of how old you are becoming :rotfl2:

I teach HS.....When I started out I was 22, and my seniors were the same age as my sister. Now I'm 44, and the sophomores are the same age as my DAUGHTER! Ahhhhhh. I will say, it does help you stay young. I mean my BF is 5 years younger than me, and my ex-fiance was 10 years younger than me, LOL. Then there's my ex-husband who's 5 years older than me, and is sooooo out of the loop I laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter