I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my trip happened during the cold front here in Phoenix/Tucson. Last week it was in the 80s and next week it will be in the 80s. I’ve been here all week, returning on Sat. The highest high all week has been 71. I’ve had to wear my lightweight down jacket in the mornings and pants to hike. I was hoping for some 80s, especially at the end of the week. I sat at the pool today and read but didn’t get in the water.

I got an upgrade at the Towneplace Suites in Tucson. A two bedroom suite. A bit much since I am traveling solo. I also got an upgraded room at the Hyatt. Top floor, golf course view, huge balcony. Two free cocktails for being globalist. The club is closed so they have a breakfast buffet in one of the restaurants. Meh. It really wasn’t any better than the free breakfast at the Towneplace Suites. Today was a breakfast burrito, fresh fruit and Chibano yogurt. I was hoping They would let globalist order off the menu.

That wind is chilly outside. Happy for 78 sat. I'll survive the 71 tomorrow 😂

All the talk of weather....going from high 80's in Mexico, to 47 when we landed in MI on Weds....to waking up to SNOW this morning and TEENS tomorrow. Ummm, no! The BF got a trip yesterday. He'll end up in MCO tonight and then is off to AUS for a 26 hour overnight. He told me to join him in AUS. Only issue is no direct flights. My mom flies Spirit back from MCO today and I'm supposed to get her. I'm VERY tempted to hop on the flight to MCO, get off and hand her my keys and tell her where I parked, LOL. I probably would totally do it, if I knew getting home Sunday wouldn't be a headache. Also not sure if 26 hours in AUS is worth DTW to MCO tonight. MCO to AUS at 6am tomorrow. Then Sunday I would have to join him on his AUS to MCO flight (he's flying) and then hope I can get a spot on the MCO back to DTW Sunday night. Maybe if I hadn't just did FL and Cancun in the last 2 weeks, LOL. Though I will say, the more I can try and non-rev w/ him and show him we can pull it off, the more he's probably going to be willing to try and travel. He's never the issue, he can always get a seat on Spirit. Plus he can fly anything else too.

Congrats! I've been getting the pop-up on the Surpass. Maybe I should give the no fee a try. I have Hilton spend coming up though, so I want the 12x instead of 7x.

7 years is from when you closed the card, I guess it takes them time to "forget" lol. Though I saw a couple DPs of people getting the Hilton biz again after only closing it a year or two. Gave it a whirl for me and DH (both closed almost 2 years), but no luck (boo).

Is it 7 from close? UGH. Well since the Surpass is a staple.....I guess I'll have to try getting the Biz again at some point, or hope for upgrade offers. I'm not sure if I would have been out of popup sooner. I gave up and just started doing a slew of Ink cards. I think it was for closing my Hilton Biz a year after getting it. I have the Delta Gold Biz, the Everyday (which I took the upgrade offer on when I was in popup), the Surpass which I've had since 2017. I put regular spend on all of them. But I closed the Hilton Biz after 1 year, and I closed the Delta Gold (personal) to make room for the biz, but I had that probably 2-3 years. During pop up time I tried for the Plat, the Delta Plat biz and I think the free Hilton. So I was blocked across all lines, LOL.

Congrats on finally getting outta jail!!!

What resort did you stay at in Mexico?
We did the Hilton Playa Del Carmen. It was AI and adults only. I know people have said the new AI in Cancun is nice, but it's all ages. And since it's college spring break (our flight down was a MSU frat) I think being away from downtown Cancun was the right choice, LOL. I'll share some photos/videos soon :) I have to "time it" like we were there this weekend, LOL.

My adult DS has less than good credit. If I add him as an AU to one of my cards, will his credit score increase, at least a little? Will it hurt my credit in any way? I can add him to my Amex which is my oldest card. I also have a Chase CSP about 6ish years...other cards too since then: CFF (fairly new) and a Discover - maybe 5ish years. I also have the Chase Disney - not as old as the Amex, but older than the others. Thinking I should add him to my Amex. Anything I should be aware of if I do add him to my Amex? (Hoping Amex has an offer for me to get MRs, haven't checked yet.)

He will NOT be using this card. I will use it myself if needed in the case of Amex to get MRs. Otherwise it will be socked drawered and forgotten.

Last edited:
Fumbling through a Hyatt booking for Costa Rica next year over Spring Break. Booking cash or points says resort not available. Rooms are available through resort's independent (non-Hyatt) website. I should be in the 13 month booking window. Tabacon thermal resort

I'd love any Costa Rica recommendations. Planning some time in Arenal area, then over to the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo and then perhaps a bit of time in Tamarindo?

I am really trying to take advantage of SW Companion Pass, especially if we still have two by then.

My adult DS has less than good credit. If I add him as an AU to one of my cards, will his credit score increase, at least a little? Will it hurt my credit in any way? I can add him to my Amex which is my oldest card. I also have a Chase CSP about 6ish years...other cards too since then: CFF (fairly new) and a Discover - maybe 5ish years. I also have the Chase Disney - not as old as the Amex, but older than the others. Thinking I should add him to my Amex. Anything I should be aware of if I do add him to my Amex? (Hoping Amex has an offer for me to get MRs, haven't checked yet.)

He will NOT be using this card. I will use it myself if needed in the case of Amex to get MRs. Otherwise it will be socked drawered and forgotten.
I did this (just one Amex card) for someone in a similar situation and it helped DRAMATICALLY. Score popped up to over 705 in about 30 days. Has been able to build upon that bump and acquire a new card or two (responsibly).

The way I understand the AU relationship is that their credit does not affect your score, but they can benefit from your solid credit history. Because you are using cards with the longest longevity (cards older than 24 months), you aren't affecting their 5/24 count.

I think it's smart to sock-drawer the card.

ETA: Sounds like Amex doesn't "backdate" AU cards to age of primary card holder account opening, so for Amex adding an AU would count towards 5/24 status.

Last edited:
I did this (just one Amex card) for someone in a similar situation and it helped DRAMATICALLY. Score popped up to over 705 in about 30 days. Has been able to build upon that bump and acquire a new card or two (responsibly).

The way I understand the AU relationship is that their credit does not affect your score, but they can benefit from your solid credit history. Because you are using cards with the longest longevity (cards older than 24 months), you aren't affecting their 5/24 count.

Thank you. My Amex card is older than he is. LOL He is not interested in getting a new card - just needs better credit in general.

One other question. My credit is frozen. I don't have to unfreeze to do this, do I?

Thank you. My Amex card is older than he is. LOL He is not interested in getting a new card - just needs better credit in general.

One other question. My credit is frozen. I don't have to unfreeze to do this, do I?

Amex doesn't backdate AUs anymore. So it would affect 5/24. Chase does backdate. I'm thinking an older Chase card would be better to increase the credit score?

No need to unfreeze your credit.

Amex doesn't backdate AUs anymore. So it would affect 5/24. Chase does backdate. I'm thinking an older Chase card would be better to increase the credit score?

No need to unfreeze your credit.
Thank you. He is not worried about 5/24 as he won't be applying for new cards anytime soon. But yes - if Amex doesn't backdate better to do my CSP and easier to sockdrawer since the account number would be the same.

ETA: or should I do my Chase Dinsey? It is older than my CSP by at least 5+ years. BUT it is my least used card - like only a handful of times a year when there is a worthwhile offer.

Last edited:
Fumbling through a Hyatt booking for Costa Rica next year over Spring Break. Booking cash or points says resort not available. Rooms are available through resort's independent (non-Hyatt) website. I should be in the 13 month booking window. Tabacon thermal resort

I'd love any Costa Rica recommendations. Planning some time in Arenal area, then over to the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo and then perhaps a bit of time in Tamarindo?

I am really trying to take advantage of SW Companion Pass, especially if we still have two by then.

It seems common for the SLH hotels to not show up on the Hyatt website at 13 months. They're not Hyatt hotels, but a marketing partnership. I think it probably depends on the hotel when they want to release it to Hyatt. I'd look for when the last date you can find availability is, that would be a good indicator for how much in advance they release inventory.

When I looked for Tabacon award availability before, they seem to only release King rooms which only fit 3. Looks like a great place, but I was undecided since we'd need 2 rooms.

Any recommendations for NYC with 11 and 15 yo boys? Last minute work trip next week, kids on spring break so trying to squeeze in some fun. Stay at midtown? Any good points exchanges?

I didn't see where anyone had responded... Our NY office is located in the Grace Building so I can offer some "company approved" hotels for your viewing pleasure!
We like to stay at the Royalton, The Sofitel (45 W 44th St), & City Club. Hope this helps!

Trying to use up my 35K Marriott certificates before the devaluation (I have 3 expiring at the end of June). Was going to visit Victoria, BC, at the end of this month but the current weather is cold and rainy, so cancelled the trip. Decided on a 4 night trip to Chicago (I also have another 2x35K certificates that expire at the end of August). Found the Hotel Chicago Autograph Collection from April 12-16, king concierge room for 35K / night. Cash rate for the 12-15 is $322.00 / night (it drops on last night, which is a Friday). Considering this will give me access to the executive lounge (not open on weekends, so only 1 morning I will have to grab something outside of the hotel, most likely Wildberry!) I am very happy with the redemption. Never thought I'd be able to get such good value from the certificates. Haven't booked airfare yet -- need to decide between AC (book economy and use a few of my eUpgrades to bump into biz class or use some of my travel bank credit with United). I am very happy with this redemption and excited to visit Chicago again!

Congrats on the approval and hitting 1,000,000 URs party:
I have never gotten my balance that high….although I’ve used over 2,000,000URs with PYB on my CSR
is there a way to check this for Amex or cur? I'm curious about how many I've got I also never have enough I save for a big trip then I burn. always worried about devualitions

Thank you. He is not worried about 5/24 as he won't be applying for new cards anytime soon. But yes - if Amex doesn't backdate better to do my CSP and easier to sockdrawer since the account number would be the same.

ETA: or should I do my Chase Dinsey? It is older than my CSP by at least 5+ years. BUT it is my least used card - like only a handful of times a year when there is a worthwhile offer.
i'd do the disney. same credit score.

dh just approved for venture x
tried to get to cap one portal to look at their pricing etc. since he has no rewards yet, I can't seem to. when I go straight to cap one travel portal it states must have cc to enter.

thanks
Congrats!!! It took about a day for the portal to show up for me after getting approved. I'd just wait a bit.

I was especially interested in the flight price protection I'd heard about. I was looking at a $700+ flights and it recommended it was a good time to book. If I booked based on their recommendation and the price dropped, they'd guarantee me ... wait for it... $5. LOL. What a joke.

Was a good lunch but I'm still on team zaxbys. Raising canes sauce tastes like zax sauce. Fries were great but chicken had no flavor if you didn't use the sauce and that's what made the difference. I prefer not to use the sauce for my chicken just for fries.

Just hit my intro bonus spend on my WoH card. It says it'll up to take 8 weeks to get my points. I'm hoping I get it before March 22nd so I can get the Confidente in Miami at the Cat 4 rate! Any one think I'll be able to make it happen?

Just hit my intro bonus spend on my WoH card. It says it'll up to take 8 weeks to get my points. I'm hoping I get it before March 22nd so I can get the Confidente in Miami at the Cat 4 rate! Any one think I'll be able to make it happen?

I think it depends on when your statement closes....iirc usually a delay of a day or two after statement closes for points to post and oddly, often between noon-1 pm my time (Central). Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter